Mara Jade vs Obi Wan Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ziggystardust
No prep.

Sabers
Force
All Out

Deronn_solo
Kenobi.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Kenobi.

Sweeps.

UCanShootMyNova
Obi Wan.
Mara.
Leaning Mara.

Ziggystardust
Kek

GM Yoda
Obi Wan wins with some difficulty.

MythLord
Obi.
Mara.
Mara.

carthage
Not sure

My votes with Obi wan, but I could be swayed either way

SunRazer
Obi-Wan should win sabers and probably all-out. Force, eh.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by MythLord
Obi.
Mara.
Mara.

Lol, Obi Wan destroys.

Q99
Originally posted by SunRazer
Obi-Wan should win sabers and probably all-out. Force, eh.

Yea, force isn't his strong suit.

I say Kenobi, Mara, Kenobi.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, force isn't his strong suit.

Right...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111137054/4304218-obi-wan+anakin+force.gif

UCanShootMyNova
Lmao. An Anakin who's more conflicted then he's ever been having just choked out his wife and fighting a man who he considered a brother. And this is what he was capable of when thinking about someone even connected to his wife just weeks before.

"Oh, but it is personal, Anakin told himself while he watched Obi-Wan, Cody, and four troopers disappear into the turbolift. It was personal because of what Nute Gunray had done to Naboo thirteen years ago. It was personal because of Gunray's hiring of Jango Fett to assassinate Padme three years ago - - first with a bomb planted on her ship, then with the pair of kouhuns a changling had inserted into Padme's Senatorial quarters on Coruscant. The woman Anakin loved above all else. His wife. The deepest though brightest of his secrets. Even Obi-Wan didn't know, for that would have created problems.

Finally, it was personal because of all that had occurred on Geonosis: the mock trial, the sentencing, the executions that were to have taken place in the arena... Even if he could put all that aside, as Obi-Wan plainly wanted him to do, it was personal because Gunray had aligned himself with Dooku and the Separatists, and the war they had planned from the start had brought ruin to a thousand worlds. The deaths of the Separatist leaders was the only solution now. It had always been the solution, despite objections by certain members of the Jedi Council, who still believed in peaceful resolutions.

"Despite the Senate's attempts to bind the hands of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, so that corrupt politicians could continue to turn a profit. Line the pockets of their shimmersilk cloaks with kickbacks from the immoral corporations that funded the war machine. Supplying both sides with weapons, ships, whatever was needed to extend the conflict. It made Anakin's blood boil." - Labyrinth of Evil.

"Withdrawing the blade, he stepped back from the door and moved his hands through a Force pass, willing the iris portal to open. The door shuddered but remained sealed. Screaming through gnashed teeth, he tried again. When the commandos finally caught up with him, he spun to them.

"Blow the door!" A commando hurried forward to place magnetic charges against the alloy. Anakin paced behind him, waiting. Another commando had to tug him to a safe distance. The charges blew, and the portal yielded." - Labyrinth of Evil.

Ziggystardust
Clarify your point Syndicate.

Deronn_solo
What has Mara done that is so spectacular? trade Force shots with an obviously injured Caedus? The same Caedus who jobbed like he was paid by Bill Gates the entire LotF series?

Random Mandos and Aura Sing says hi.

cs_zoltan
thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Right...

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111137054/4304218-obi-wan+anakin+force.gif

thumb up

Don't know where people get this idea that Kenobi's weak in the Force.

MythLord
What has Mara done that is so spectacular? trade Force shots with an obviously injured Caedus? The same Caedus who jobbed like he was paid by Bill Gates the entire LotF series?

Random Mandos and Aura Sing says hi.

Held back a massive cave-in from crushing her and Jaina while exhausted and suffering from coomb spores/seeds that take "tremendous amounts of Force power" to merely hold back and continuously change the molecular structure of their target.

Held up tons of rock while forming a bubble to keep her and Jaina floating upwards for hours, with strain, while still aflicted with the coomb spores.

And she would've instantly become Luke's greatest student at the Jedi Academy, decades pre-prime and while her connection to Sheev hindered her, IIRC(his death caused her Force powers to subside for some reason). This puts her ahead of Kam Solusar circa-12 ABY who has limited control over Force Storms and can hurl massive rocks that damage TIE-fighters, or Gantoris who, as a child, saved himself from a cave-in via TK.

Also, is there proof Jacen was jobbing against Mara Jade, in any way? I mean, Mara was "among the absolute strongest of the Jedi Knights" and was ranked alongside Jacen and Luke as a warrior. And Jacen's amped himself off of worse injuries, tbh.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
thumb up

Don't know where people get this idea that Kenobi's weak in the Force. There's the idea that Anakin somehow got weakened in the force due to being emotionally distraught.

Which is what everyone's using as an excuse...

MythLord
Isn't an excuse, it's actual canonical fact. Besides, even hindered Annie is damn powerful. Not powerful enough that holding him off equals besting Mara in the Force, but ranks Kenobi highly on the totem poll.

cs_zoltan
Not powerful enough that holding him off equals besting Mara in the Force.

Based on your arbitrary ranking that is.

Jmanghan
Isn't an excuse, it's actual canonical fact. Besides, even hindered Annie is damn powerful. Not powerful enough that holding him off equals besting Mara in the Force, but ranks Kenobi highly on the totem poll. It actually states that he was weaker in saber combat and force power?

MythLord
Yeah. Hence why he was vulnerable because he was inbetween those two worlds and hence why his spirit notes his rage was his downfall against Obi-Wan... It weakened him.

Deronn_solo
So, literally nothing that's outta Kenobi 's range?

Good to know.

lal, you're actually serious with this? erm Hurling rocks, and protecting portions of your given volume from a collapsed cave isn't all that impressive. Surely not when we're discussing the likes of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Besides the fact that she was never really painted, or shown, to be anywhere near Jacen's level? Just ba thought. Truthfully, that's how we always determine whether or not someone is jobbing, or PIS is in play.

Kenobi was ranked alongside Kyp Durron and Yoda in the Force too. I guess it would be legit, a-okay if he challenged Yoda, lmao.

Unless stated, I'm inclined to reject the notion. Multiple times during LotF --- either the narrator, or Jacen himself, has commented on the negative effects his injuries could/did have.

Mara should be nowhere near Caedus, period.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Lmao. An Anakin who's more conflicted then he's ever been having just choked out his wife and fighting a man who he considered a brother. And this is what he was capable of when thinking about someone even connected to his wife just weeks before.

"Oh, but it is personal, Anakin told himself while he watched Obi-Wan, Cody, and four troopers disappear into the turbolift. It was personal because of what Nute Gunray had done to Naboo thirteen years ago. It was personal because of Gunray's hiring of Jango Fett to assassinate Padme three years ago - - first with a bomb planted on her ship, then with the pair of kouhuns a changling had inserted into Padme's Senatorial quarters on Coruscant. The woman Anakin loved above all else. His wife. The deepest though brightest of his secrets. Even Obi-Wan didn't know, for that would have created problems.

Finally, it was personal because of all that had occurred on Geonosis: the mock trial, the sentencing, the executions that were to have taken place in the arena... Even if he could put all that aside, as Obi-Wan plainly wanted him to do, it was personal because Gunray had aligned himself with Dooku and the Separatists, and the war they had planned from the start had brought ruin to a thousand worlds. The deaths of the Separatist leaders was the only solution now. It had always been the solution, despite objections by certain members of the Jedi Council, who still believed in peaceful resolutions.

"Despite the Senate's attempts to bind the hands of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, so that corrupt politicians could continue to turn a profit. Line the pockets of their shimmersilk cloaks with kickbacks from the immoral corporations that funded the war machine. Supplying both sides with weapons, ships, whatever was needed to extend the conflict. It made Anakin's blood boil." - Labyrinth of Evil.

"Withdrawing the blade, he stepped back from the door and moved his hands through a Force pass, willing the iris portal to open. The door shuddered but remained sealed. Screaming through gnashed teeth, he tried again. When the commandos finally caught up with him, he spun to them.

"Blow the door!" A commando hurried forward to place magnetic charges against the alloy. Anakin paced behind him, waiting. Another commando had to tug him to a safe distance. The charges blew, and the portal yielded." - Labyrinth of Evil. Wow, that proves absolutely nothing.

MythLord
So, literally nothing that's outta Kenobi 's range?

Good to know.

It kinda is. I haven't seen feats for Obi to suggest he can hold up an entire cave-in with the slightest portion of his power, while fighting off a deadly disease and being exhausted.

Conversly, Kenobi could barely defend himself from the toxic gas on Ohma Dun and got choked by Ventress(who is usually his equal).

lal, you're actually serious with this? erm Hurling rocks, and protecting portions of your given volume from a collapsed cave isn't all that impressive. Surely not when we're discussing the likes of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I mean, when you're a child and still successfully hold back a cave-in where even Jedi Masters like Plo Koon get their arms broken, or can master Force Storms and hurl boulders with enough kinetic energy to crush TIE-fighters... it is pretty impressive.

Besides the fact that she was never really painted, or shown, to be anywhere near Jacen's level? Just ba thought. Truthfully, that's how we always determine whether or not someone is jobbing, or PIS is in play.

I'd take the several accolades ranking her alongside him as proof enough. We are talking about the Empire's deadliest agent, turned one of the MVP masters of the NJO.

Holistically, she should be near enough to Jacen in a sense that her trading blows with him isn't considered jobbing.

Kenobi was ranked alongside Kyp Durron and Yoda in the Force too. I guess it would be legit, a-okay if he challenged Yoda, lmao.

The problem is Luke was noting how he never sensed a Light Sider as powerful as Kyp since Ben and Yoda... Which is true. He wasn't comparing Ben or Yoda in any way, he just noted those were the most powerful Light Siders he's sensed until he met Durron, which is true.

Much in the same way, Mara, Luke and Jacen were the MVP duelists of the Order during the Vong War.

Unless stated, I'm inclined to reject the notion. Multiple times during LotF --- either the narrator, or Jacen himself, has commented on the negative effects his injuries could/did have.

Yeah, but those injuries were worse than the one he endured against Mara, and the entire point of Jacen's tutelage under Vergere was to let pain amplify him, ignore it, resist it and, if anything, draw power from it. To ignore that is to ignore one of the most important traits of Jacen Solo.

Unless he's in a life-threatening situation(like he's bleeding out and missing an arm) then yeah, but with a leg injury where he just stumbles I doubt it's going to be something he cannot draw from.

SunRazer
Mara's Protection Bubbles are actually pretty insane. Not sure if Obi-Wan can get past them with his TK.

MythLord
What's her best Bubble feat, again?

SunRazer
There's one with her tanking a point-blank explosion when further away, an unprepared Luke went flying in Dark Nest III: The Swarm War, IIRC.

MythLord
Eh, that's not that impressive; Kenobi can block explosions on his worst day and has shielded himself from them several times.

SunRazer
It depends on the potency of the explosions. Her feat in Betrayal is also very good, although it's not so much the strength of the Bubble as it is her multitasking and how long she manages to sustain it all.

cs_zoltan
Kenobi shrugged off a 60-70m Krayt Dragon rolling over him, checkmate.

SunRazer
Completely different type of damage, but whatever, lol.

cs_zoltan
So now we categorize feats by damage type? What is this, RPG?

SunRazer
No, the real world.

Q99
Originally posted by Darth Thor
thumb up

Don't know where people get this idea that Kenobi's weak in the Force.

Because he doesn't use it in combat much and foes good in it have given him problems before.

And he's not *weak* but it's not his specialty. Canceling out Anakin is easily his best showing.

Mara I would say is pretty similar in power, but uses it more.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Q99
Because he doesn't use it in combat much and foes good in it have given him problems before.

And he's not *weak* but it's not his specialty. Canceling out Anakin is easily his best showing.

Mara I would say is pretty similar in power, but uses it more.

I still think that's understating his power a bit. When Dooku or Maul have handled him with the Force, those were to show how great those Sith were in the Force, that they can do that to Obi-Wan.

But Kenobi did defeat Grievous on more than one occasion by TKing him, not something any/every Jedi who faces him has managed. Also remember him Force pushing those Destroyer Droids early in S1 TCW?

Also Maul's main domination of him was in that 2 on 1 fight. I know there was Sith Hunters as well, but that seems to have been an exceptional case.

And yes going by him stalemating Anakin's force push in ROTS, I doubt there was a huge gap between his and Maul's Tk tbh. Just like there's not a huge gap between them in Sabers either.

Deronn_solo
Wollf's argument is pretty darn terrible, and constantly contradicts itself, lmao.

I'll get to it whenever I get the time.

MythLord
Wollf's argument is pretty darn terrible, and constantly contradicts itself, lmao.

What does that p!3ce of sh!t from ComicVine have to do with this, love?

I'll get to it whenever I get the time.

https://media.giphy.com/media/8VNIQ0hSCgndu/giphy.gif

Ziggystardust
Bump.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.