Ahsoka Tano Vs Darth Maul - Full Fight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
http://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/17/73/92/12/maul_f10.png

Ziggystardust
laughing

Petrus
lol

Ziggystardust
I told you all. I told you that anyone and their capuchin monkey's can challenge, give pause to or simply outwit Darth Maul.

quanchi112
She had help by unseen allies. That was not a fair fight no matter how you try to spin it. Unseen allies hiding in the background in a one on one fight makes it an unfair fight. Most of you are all over the map and your bias has you grasping for straws.

UCanShootMyNova
Lmao.

cs_zoltan
So one more padawan that got the better of Maul.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Darth Thor
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
So one more padawan that got the better of Maul.

Yeah with help.

Also she was no longer a Padawan if we want to get technical.

Originally posted by Ziggystardust
I told you all. I told you that anyone and their capuchin monkey's can challenge, give pause to or simply outwit Darth Maul.

Calm down. She had a load of help.

ares834
kWMo5FBOfd0

quanchi112
Originally posted by quanchi112
She had help by unseen allies. That was not a fair fight no matter how you try to spin it. Unseen allies hiding in the background in a one on one fight makes it an unfair fight. Most of you are all over the map and your bias has you grasping for straws. Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah with help.

Also she was no longer a Padawan if we want to get technical.

Calm down. She had a load of help. Look at you trying to copy my arguments. You are now riding my coattails.

Azronger
I was unsure where I ranked Maul before this, but now I've decided. All his fights post-TPM with Kenobi are outliers.

UCanShootMyNova
Quan. The only guy supporting your position, and you're alienating him? :/

quanchi112
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Quan. The only guy supporting your position, and you're alienating him? :/ He is an idiot. I also don't care who supports it or not. It says right in the text she was helped by unseen allies which means that isn't a fair fight. There's no denying it.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by ares834
kWMo5FBOfd0

True LOL

Darth Thor
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Quan. The only guy supporting your position, and you're alienating him? :/

Oh don't worry. Everyone knows he's obsessed with me.

Originally posted by Azronger
I was unsure where I ranked Maul before this, but now I've decided. All his fights post-TPM with Kenobi are outliers.

Lol they didn't even have a duel in this.

Dark-Kenshin
Hmm. Perhaps I should rethink my position on that Vader vs ROTS Kenobi and Maul thread. Reading stuff like this, I dare say that Vader might be able to dismiss Maul with TK or outright blitz him prior to moving on to the main event.

Petrus
I enjoy trolling and humiliating Quanchi and all, but srsly. Their sabers barely even touch.

GM Yoda
lol

Emperordmb
kWMo5FBOfd0
thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Petrus
I enjoy trolling and humiliating Quanchi and all, but srsly. Their sabers barely even touch. So you admit you're a troll. How humiliating and what's even worse you admit I'm correct once again. You're my *****.

Unbowed
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Hmm. Perhaps I should rethink my position on that Vader vs ROTS Kenobi and Maul thread. Reading stuff like this, I dare say that Vader might be able to dismiss Maul with TK or outright blitz him prior to moving on to the main event.
That makes no sense. What connection is there between being caught in an energy shield and being TK'd or "biltzed"?

And lol at Vader blitzing anyone, let alone someone as fast as Maul.

Petrus
So you admit you're a troll. How humiliating and what's even worse you admit I'm correct once again. You're my *****.

Lmao, I thought it was pretty clear by now, tbh. I enjoy messing with you and your ridiculous arguments and ideas. laughing

quanchi112
Apparently unseen allies translate into a tk blitz or something. Why didn't Tsno tk blitz him ? Did she beat him in rebels ? The hatred is so unreasonable and so petty it is very amusing.

quanchi112
Lmao, I thought it was pretty clear by now, tbh. I enjoy messing with you and your ridiculous arguments and ideas. laughing So you are admitting you shouldn't be taken seriously. Way to torch your own credibility. Bravo.

Petrus
So you are admitting you shouldn't be taken seriously. Way to torch your own credibility. Bravo.

Nah, you're the one who shouldn't be. You love Maul to such degree I enjoy throwing facts in your face and countering your every terrible argument. In this case, my trolling involves utilizing arguments you can't counter effectively against you until you become desperate and insult me. Which is exactly what has happened every single time.

quanchi112
Nah, you're the one who shouldn't be. You love Maul to such degree I enjoy throwing facts in your face and countering your every terrible argument. In this case, my trolling involves utilizing arguments you can't counter effectively against you until you become desperate and insult me. Which is exactly what has happened every single time. I have refuted all your trollish arguments and explained the differences. You're an idiot tbh. You say stupid things and think you're doing a bang up job. Continue to humiliate yourself.

Petrus
I have refuted all your trollish arguments and explained the differences. You're an idiot tbh. You say stupid things and think you're doing a bang up job. Continue to humiliate yourself.

Sure, Quanchi. Let's pretend I'm the one who continues to be humiliated. Sure. thumb up

quanchi112
Sure, Quanchi. Let's pretend I'm the one who continues to be humiliated. Sure. thumb up You are delusional to boot. You're such a masochist.

Solar Power
Terrible, but not disastrous. I bet ILS would still be able to rationalize this showing somehow, god rest his soul.

MythLord
Oh Christ... Oh WOW... Outwitted by another padawan. I love it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MythLord
Oh Christ... Oh WOW... Outwitted by another padawan. I love it. Unseen allies which means not a fair fight. Quit trolling.

Kurk
Damn, I need to pickup a copy of the Ahsoka novel.

quanchi112
I am wrecking these trolls.

carthage
Originally posted by Solar Power
Terrible, but not disastrous. I bet ILS would still be able to rationalize this showing somehow, god rest his soul.

I hope he is at peace. I felt so sad when I heard the new the other day..

Kurk
Wtf happened to ILS?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
Wtf happened to ILS? The guy is barely on and apparently isn't a true fan of Maul's. He lacks the passion like this Lightsnake who started the Sheevites. Probably a passing fancy aka a fairweather fan.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by carthage
I hope he is at peace. I felt so sad when I heard the new the other day..

He died?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
He died? You are really ****ed up.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Unbowed
That makes no sense. What connection is there between being caught in an energy shield and being TK'd or "biltzed"?

And lol at Vader blitzing anyone, let alone someone as fast as Maul. Maul is too reckless and impatient and Ahsoka's thoughts prior to her success confirm this. Ahsoka recalled the way Obiwan beat him on Naboo, a strategy she evidently regarded as the blueprint on taking Maul apart. Then, using said strategy, she was successful in her little ploy (not a single hitch in her plan). Imagine if a more level headed force wielder were there. Why if Kenobi were there, he would have seen Ahsoka's trap a million miles away. Dooku? Same thing. Vader? Same thing.

I say Vader TKs (perhaps not blitz, but I could see a calm/cautious Vader pulling a Kanan at the right moment) not because of the power gap (although there is one), but because Maul is prone to making mistakes that would allow Vader to dispose of him in such a fashion even under 2 v. 1 circumstances. We need to stop making excuses for all of Maul's bumbling and start facing reality here. He is great on paper (perhaps among the best), but in practice, he constantly leaves much to be desired and this is yet another example in what is quickly becoming a long line of examples.

quanchi112
Unseen allies don't make for a fair fight. Dooku went without a fight against just pirates. Quit using double standards because you're jealous of Maul the Star Wars anomaly.

Dark-Kenshin
I'm not disputing that the fight wasn't fair. What I'm saying is that the fight demonstrated an exploitable weakness which has been used against him time and time again. Once again, patience and meditation have utterly embarrassed the dathomirian warrior. And not patience of the like we see from Yoda, but patience from a mere Padawan.

Zenwolf
I'm not seeing any logical reasoning as to why Maul hasn't learned from this. Every character has learned from past mistakes, yet writers with Maul just seem to think he can't learn from what he does wrong....which doesn't make any sense at all.

quanchi112
I'm not disputing that the fight wasn't fair. What I'm saying is that the fight demonstrated an exploitable weakness which has been used against him time and time again. Once again, patience and meditation have utterly embarrassed the dathomirian warrior. And not patience of the like we see from Yoda, but patience from a mere Padawan. We saw that Qui meditate right before he died. Get the **** out of here with that nonsense. We have also seen Maul mentally unbalance Kenobi through anger. You ignore these examples and the variable there were unseen allies aiding her.

The_Tempest
To be fair, it's pretty obvious Ahsoka knows she can't beat him in a fight.

But it's still an unflattering situation.

Dark-Kenshin
We saw that Qui mediated right before he died. Get the **** out of here with that nonsense. We have a,so seen Maul mentally unbalance Kenobi through anger. You ignore these examples and the variable their were unseen allies aiding her. And we see Ahsoka calm herself and meditate right before embarassing Maul here. We see Kanan do the same thing despite being blind. We see TPM Obiwan do just this to slice Maul in half. I'm not quite sure where Quigon went wrong, but it's a winning and recurring strategy nonetheless.

Again, I'm not saying anything about unseen allies as I'm not arguing that the fight was fair or that she even "won." That's how Ahsoka was able to trap Maul, but it wasn't what she used to draw him close enough to be trapped. Go back and read the excerpt in the OP. It tells you precisely what I'm telling you and seems to confirm Maul's biggest achille heel and how even a padawan can get the best of him while using it. smile

quanchi112
And we see Ahsoka calm herself and meditate right before embarassing Maul here. We see Kanan do the same thing despite being blind. We see TPM Obiwan do just this to slice Maul in half. I'm not quite sure where Quigon went wrong, but it's a winning and recurring strategy nonetheless.

Again, I'm not saying anything about unseen allies as I'm not arguing that the fight was fair or that she even "won." That's how Ahsoka was able to trap Maul, but it wasn't what she used to draw him close enough to be trapped. Go back and read the excerpt in the OP. It tells you precisely what I'm telling you and seems to confirm Maul's biggest achille heel and how even a padawan can get the best of him while using it. smile She had unseen allies making it unfair. You already conceded that point. He was overconfident after he already blinded Kanan and had him dead to rights before she intervened. Maul dropped his guard after Kenobi was disarmed and hanging off a ledge. Qui was better than Kenobi you dolt. He wasn't aware of the unseen allies so how on earth would you expect him to be prepared for a secret trap while in the midst of a duel.

You're ignoring all the details to every single instance and trying to link them together when it doesn't add up.

Trocity
The final nail in the coffin for Darth Moron.

quanchi112
Trocity and his nonsensical and trollish posts.

NTJack0
They really enjoy trolling Maul, don't they?

Dark-Kenshin
She had unseen allies making it unfair. You already conceded that point. He was overconfident after he already blinded Kanan and had him dead to rights before she intervened. Maul dropped his guard after Kenobi was disarmed and hanging off a ledge. Qui was better than Kenobi you dolt. He wasn't aware of the unseen allies so how on earth would you expect him to be prepared for a secret trap while in the midst of a duel.

You're ignoring all the details to every single instance and trying to link them together when it doesn't add up. Couple of things

1) It's not really a conceded point if it isn't something I ever contested. We'd call that a strawman. I never once questioned the fairness in this encounter or the fact that there were unforeseen allies. I will, however, say that it is a lousy justification to explain Maul's shortcomings here. As if someone who can sense people's presence and sense the future is utterly incapable of dealing with unforeseen allies. As if surprise attacks and assassination attempts have never been used in this series. Kanan and Ezra relied upon suck trickery in their attempt to beat Vader, but Vader was ten moves ahead with a force barrier well in place. The problem isn't surprise attacks, unfair fights and whatnot. The problem is Maul. He has a proverbial glass jaw and I wouldn't surprised if we see this yet again in his upcoming bout with Ezra where he is shown having Maul at his mercy.

2) You're missing the point on Kanan (and Obiwan and Ahsoka). This guy is (or was) a Sith Lord. He is supposed to be one of the greatest swordsmen in galactic history. What's he doing losing to bums like Kanan, getting sliced in half by Padawans like Obiwan or getting bamboozled by Padawans like Ahsoka? Imagine STID and imagine Khan repeatedly getting outwitted and even beaten in a fist fight by Scotty in spite of his super human strength and intellect. That's the issue here. smile

3) Qui was better than Kenobi, but Maul killed Quigon and then lost to Kenobi. Sounds like incompetence. Congrats. You've made my argument for me.

4) To add insult to injury, it turns out that what Obiwan did is the blueprint on making a fool out of Maul, which is why Ahsoka uses it to execute her strategy. You ignore this and with good reason: It literally confirms everything I've said about Maul's glaring weakness.

Darth Abonis
That was my only problem with the book. Aside from that, I loved it. Maul sucks.

quanchi112
Couple of things

1) It's not really a conceded point if it isn't something I ever contested. We'd call that a strawman. I never once questioned the fairness in this encounter or the fact that there were unforeseen allies. I will, however, say that it is a lousy justification to explain Maul's shortcomings here. As if someone who can sense people's presence and sense the future is utterly incapable of dealing with unforeseen allies. As if surprise attacks and assassination attempts have never been used in this series. Kanan and Ezra relied upon suck trickery in their attempt to beat Vader, but Vader was ten moves ahead with a force barrier well in place. The problem isn't surprise attacks, unfair fights and whatnot. The problem is Maul. He has a proverbial glass jaw and I wouldn't surprised if we see this yet again in his upcoming bout with Ezra where he is shown having Maul at his mercy.Well what's ironic is I've heard excuses for Tano storming onto the scene at the end of the season two finale as completely unfair for Vader. When we look at Maul and unseen enemies and a ray shield you act like its so damning. The double standards here are atrocious and you're an idiot.

Let's look at Anakin and Kenobi caught unaware while not in a fight by ray shields and some how say dammit Maul there's no excuse. It's disgusting and you're an idiot for pushing this when I ahea examples of two Jedi caught with their pants down with no impending threat.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/02/Hallway_328.png/revision/latest?cb=20130213053836

The same can be said for Vader when he fought against a more inexperienced Kanan and Ezra. He didn't bring him them in or defeat them despite the empire backing his efforts. The guy is supposed to be this ruthless enforcer but he managed to be humiliated not only by Kanan and Ezra but later by Hera in a pilots duel.

He had Kanan dead to rights, dummy. He blinded him. Tano intervened yet somehow this detail is magically left out. Somehow what only counts is Maul fell off a ledge. He dropped his guard after skillfully besting Kenobi. Vader has never skillfully gained an advantage over Kenobi but who cares there because you're a Vader mark. I've already explained this away with Anakin and Kenobibeing caught off guard by Ray shields. Again this doesn't count and it's far worse since they weren't in a duel.

Maul wasn't repeatedly outwitted and beaten. The villain doesn't always kill the hero. Vader didn't kill any of the major heroes from the Ot. He lost badly to Luke despite inadequate training and starting his training extremely old.
He got overconfident after he skillfully gained an advantage over Kenobi. That's why he lost. He taunted him. Skill wise he's better than Kenobi something Vader has never been able to prove. Despite Ben Kenobi's deterioration Vader never gained an advantage until Ben allowed him to strike him down.

Maul unbalanced Kenobi himself due to anger so once again you're ignoring unseen enemies catching him in ray shields. Ray shields caught Kenobi and Anakin off guard. Quit with the double standards it makes you look stupid, biased, and petty.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
That was my only problem with the book. Aside from that, I loved it. Maul sucks. You are an idiot.

Dark-Kenshin
Well what's ironic is I've heard excuses for Tano *snip*What you've heard from unnamed others is of no concern to me. You're trying to address my comments, right? So address them. Saying "I heard BOB tell people he would personally cut the grass, therefore YOU'RE a jerk for not cutting the grass" is a lousy argument and incidentally . . . idiotic. wink

Well in Anakin and Kenobi's case, I believe the term lampshading comes to mind: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LampshadeHanging

Lampshade Hanging (or, more informally, "Lampshading"wink is the writers' trick of dealing with any element of the story that threatens the audience's Willing Suspension of Disbelief, whether a very implausible plot development, or a particularly blatant use of a trope, by calling attention to it and simply moving on.

In fact, that exact scene is included here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/LampshadeHanging/Film

With Maul, this is not the case since his bout of stupidity is actually shown as a consistent character trait that is constantly the source of his bungling. It's why one shouldn't cite something like 'Khan's strange decision to stand around for 10 seconds to wait for Spock to regain his footing rather than finish him off' unless it serves the purpose of demonstrating the inconsistency in their opponent's own reasoning. stick out tongue

The same can be said for Spock when he was bested by the weak Spock and Uhura. He didn't kill Spock when he had the chance (such as when he strangely decided to give Spock 10 long seconds to climb onto the hover car they were on and let him regain his footing). He foolishly assumed no one else would be beamed down to detain him and was thus humiliated by Uhura. C'mon man, lets not lowball here. laughing out loud

If we're really going to turn every anthill into a mountain, then I suppose I should also point out that the only reason he blinded Kanan in the first place was due to suddenly attacking him by surprise. Thus, by your own reasoning, him "having Kanan dead to rights" should be dismissed because the fight was unfair and he was caught by surprise.

I'll let you in on a little secret here, since I can see right through you: I'm no more a Vader mark than you are a Maul mark. wink

If we are afforded such out-of-universe explanations, then that all the more reinforces my explanation of Anakin and Obiwan getting captured. Incidentally, I have an additional out-of-universe explanation: The writers perceive Maul as a good villain, but not up there with the greats (i.e. Vader and Sidious), which is why he keeps screwing up like this.

Sadly, I'm no Vader fanboy and am not automatically inclined to defend his shortcomings. What does this have to do with Maul's glaring weakness?

Trocity
Kenshin, only you and Kurk are giving quan the time of day, everyone else has been ignoring his moping. He is trolling. If you ignore him, he will leave the SW forum for a few weeks/months.

quanchi112
What you've heard from unnamed others is of no concern to me. You're trying to address my comments, right? So address them. Saying "I heard BOB tell people he would personally cut the grass, therefore YOU'RE a jerk for not cutting the grass" is a lousy argument and incidentally . . . idiotic. wink
. So you admit this isn't bad since the same has occurred to Vader. Concession happily accepted.

Here comes that double standard.
ironic you insult mauls intelligence when Kenobi's own words are, "Wait a minute we are smarter than this," to which Anakin replies, "Apparently not." The characters themselves admit their own stupidity yet you have the unmitigated gall to attack Maul with this blatant double standard. I'm sorry you're a moron. Watch the film. The ignorance I have to deal with to excuse your own excuse making to justify your extreme bias is irritating.

Khan is in the middle of a fight after he crash landed on earth and sprinted throughout the city. Khan still won the fight and he has no control over who transports where. He was alone against an entire crew working together with the ships technology to bring him in. You're also a liar to act like during a fight you're thinking of all the possible scenarios in the midst of the action. If you want to talk about stupidity let's talk about the 30 plus seconds Palpatine gave Yoda to come to after the fl attack. That's beyond stupid and much more time to give an opponent who was temporarily out of it for well over thirty seconds.
So he should have announced his intentions because he's such a fair minded guy ? Do you know anything about Maul or the Sith. Kanan was armed, had precog, and had his hand on his saber. His own damn fault for being lackadaisical with a known dark sider present.

You're a hopelessly stupid individual with no common sense or Star Wars knowledge apparently.

Vader screwed up like this as well. Defeated by Kenobi, gained no advantage against an older Kenobi, temp downed by Kanan and Ezra, out piloted by Hera, gimped off the season finale two episode, etc.

He beat an arrogant and ill prepared Kenobi in ESB. Vader is a failure. He was always someone tragic the more the audience found out about the more you felt bad for this cripple. He's a trainwreck and far worse than Maul in every facet of his history.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Trocity
Kenshin, only you and Kurk are giving quan the time of day, everyone else has been ignoring his moping. He is trolling. If you ignore him, he will leave the SW forum for a few weeks/months. Hush, you weak little man. You don't have the courage to debate against me because you're awful at this. What kind of guy who wa to to debate fictional matchups wants to encourage others to not debate. You sound like a woman.

Darth Thor

4) To add insult to injury, it turns out that what Obiwan did is the blueprint on making a fool out of Maul, which is why Ahsoka uses it to execute her strategy. You ignore this and with good reason: It literally confirms everything I've said about Maul's glaring weakness.

Except neither of them defeated Maul without aid.

Even if we ignore the whole Maul vs Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan fight and just skip to the final Maul vs Obi-Wan fight, still without Qui-Gon lying there Obi-Wan would have had no way to win.

As for Kanan he clearly had some kind of massive amp, and still was only able to BFR Maul. The website confirms Maul was not defeated.

So yeah sure Obi-Wan has taught those close to him how he defeated Maul in TPM, but that's hardly a massive weakness to exploit every time or some kind of a guaranteed victory given Kenobi himself never properly defeated Maul in TCW erm

Darth Thor
Originally posted by NTJack0
They really enjoy trolling Maul, don't they?

I blame Quanchi. He Trolls so much in backing of Maul that he's made everyone want to Hate Troll Maul.

quanchi112
I blame Quanchi. He Trolls so much in backing of Maul that he's made everyone want to Hate Troll Maul. You yourself said Maul was shit. You make me sick. Make up your fickle mind. I have always supported Maul as the facts do. The fickle lemming like fans which you are a part of isn't to be taken seriously. You chumps go where the wind blows you.

YousufKhan1212
Bump.

Looks like this will get retconned tomorrow.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Bump.

Looks like this will get retconned tomorrow.

Not yet. The entire series isnt being released in one go.

YousufKhan1212
@Darth Thor: My bad. Filoni seems to like using Maul as a moustache twirly villain, it's quite sad tbh. He did a good job at using him for in Season 4, 5 and Son of Dathomir comics, and at one point the TCW creative team was toying with the idea of a Maul vs Dark Side Quinlan Vos fight, which was interesting, though that version of Vos beat Dooku so I don't see anything embarassing about Maul losing to that version of Vos had that had happpened.

Darth Thor
@Darth Thor: My bad. Filoni seems to like using Maul as a moustache twirly villain, it's quite sad tbh. He did a good job at using him for in Season 4, 5 and Son of Dathomir comics, and at one point the TCW creative team was toying with the idea of a Maul vs Dark Side Quinlan Vos fight, which was interesting, though that version of Vos beat Dooku so I don't see anything embarassing about Maul losing to that version of Vos had that had happpened.

Yeah basically was good until Lucas sold out to Disney.

The last episode of TCW should have been an epic Kenobi vs Maul fight, and thats how and when Maul should have died.

As for Ahsoka vs Maul, that fight could have had a lot going for it, IF they did this BEFORE Rebels. Because we literally wouldnt have known what would happen to either.

Dont know if the Maul vs Vos was light side Vos or dark side Vos. But either way that would be a worthy (and different) opponent for Maul. Which would have been cool. Plus given some proper screen time to Vos.

Eli Vanto
I think the fight between Maul and Ahsoka will just be a fleshed out version of their fight in the novel.

I do like that they used Ray Park himself as the blueprints for Maul's fighting style in this battle.

YousufKhan1212
Yeah basically was good until Lucas sold out to Disney.

The last episode of TCW should have been an epic Kenobi vs Maul fight, and thats how and when Maul should have died.

As for Ahsoka vs Maul, that fight could have had a lot going for it, IF they did this BEFORE Rebels. Because we literally wouldnt have known what would happen to either.

Dont know if the Maul vs Vos was light side Vos or dark side Vos. But either way that would be a worthy (and different) opponent for Maul. Which would have been cool. Plus given some proper screen time to Vos.

I honestly think TCW should've used Maul in a darker way than what they tried. What disappointed me the most is that Anakin and Maul never meet. I know it's a kids show, but from season 3 onwards they used some pretty dark themes and even Sam Witwer didn't deny it. If I was part of the TCW creative team, what I would've done with Maul after the Son of Dathomir comics is that I would've gotten Ahsoka killed by Maul, Anakin, enraged by Maul for this act, and already resentful towards Maul for killing Qui-Gon, is hell bent on finding Maul. I'm not sure in what time and place I'd make Anakin and Maul fight, but they'd fight, and Palpatine would get to see it from a distance, Anakin and Maul have a long brutal fight, Anakin kills Maul.

hutchy1345
I honestly think TCW should've used Maul in a darker way than what they tried. What disappointed me the most is that Anakin and Maul never meet. I know it's a kids show, but from season 3 onwards they used some pretty dark themes and even Sam Witwer didn't deny it. If I was part of the TCW creative team, what I would've done with Maul after the Son of Dathomir comics is that I would've gotten Ahsoka killed by Maul, Anakin, enraged by Maul for this act, and already resentful towards Maul for killing Qui-Gon, is hell bent on finding Maul. I'm not sure in what time and place I'd make Anakin and Maul fight, but they'd fight, and Palpatine would get to see it from a distance, Anakin and Maul have a long brutal fight, Anakin kills Maul.

That would be epic and would be another push over the edge to the dark side for Anakin!

Darth Thor
Yeah I always liked the idea of Anakin killing Maul, as it would have meant he literally destroyed all the Sith.

Could have also built up Maul being jealous of Anakin being Palpatines numero uno choice.

But whatever... The Clone War stuff we got with Maul was still pretty damn entertaining.

YousufKhan1212
@Darth Thor what we saw in season 7 makes the novelised fight look like a classic.

ares834
kWMo5FBOfd0

laughing out loud

Poor Maul fans.

Rockydonovang
So, just to summarize:

-> Maul in his prime gets physically kicked out of a window and runs.
->Then after fleeing to a favorable enviroment, he gets his ass kicked by a lightsaber-less ahsoka.
->Finally Ahsoka quite literally ragdolls him with maul being unable to break free of her grasp despite wanting to die.

You really can't make this up. Disney has done so many things wrong. But this... this puts a smile on my face.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
->Finally Ahsoka quite literally ragdolls him with maul being unable to break free of her grasp despite wanting to die.

Hold up, if he was wanting to die, then...why is this a bad thing for him?

ares834
He didn't want to lose to Ahsoka. He was trying to escape. However, he'd rather die than be captured and fall into Sidious's hands once again.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Hold up, if he was wanting to die, then...why is this a bad thing for him?
He begged Ahsoka to let him die because he preferred death to being captured by the republic. Ahsoka just kept holding him telekentically

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
He begged Ahsoka to let him die because he preferred death to being captured by the republic. Ahsoka just kept holding him telekentically

Ah got it.

Total Warrior

ares834
He didn't have "the upper hand for most of the fight" they looked almost entirely equal. Both get in blows. Both go on the offensive and push the other back. Heck, Ahsoka got the best blow in when she knocked Maul out the window.

And, yes, Maul disarmed her... But Ahsoka also disarmed Maul. Oh, and she beat him.

ozz81
remember when Darth Maul used the force scream at the start of the fight ( like sidious used when duelling against Windu) forget what it is called exactly did that have any affect on Ashoka at all? ( Some how didnt seem to ?)

Total Warrior
He didn't have "the upper hand for most of the fight" they looked almost entirely equal. Both get in blows. Both go on the offensive and push the other back. Heck, Ahsoka got the best blow in when she knocked Maul out the window.

And, yes, Maul disarmed her... But Ahsoka also disarmed Maul. Oh, and she beat him. in the first exchange, yeah. But for instance maul could killed her when he kicked her and she almost fell. But he ignored her and tried to reach his ship instead. And then later when she was disarmed there 132 easier way to kill: severing the part of the beam she was standing on, or force pushing her just a bit. There was some PIS in the second half of the fight

YousufKhan1212
Ngl I love how everyone was laughing at the novelised fight back in 2016, and just look at what we've been given now. I bet everyone appreciates the 2016 novelised version a lot more now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.