ROTJ Luke Skywalker vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All-Out

quanchi112
Can't wait to see the fickle fanboys confusion over this topic.

UCanShootMyNova
Not sure. Luke?
Dooku.
Dooku.

|King Joker|
Dooku wins, probably.

MythLord
Tyranus sweeps, but it's an amazing fight.

The Ellimist
Luke.

Ziggystardust
Thank god, there does exist some sense among you all. The Count sweeps.

quanchi112
This is really a slap in the face for Vader fans as well as a wake up call.

GM Yoda
Dooku, easily.

Kurk
Dooku with less difficulty than he had against Anakin.

Azronger
Either way
Dooku
Probably Dooku

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Azronger
Either way
Dooku
Probably Dooku

My boy Az, I'm glad you don't let the nexus of Luke-wank cloud your respect for The Dookuster. Just out of curiosity when do you think Luke beats him?

Azronger
I am one of those rare individuals who thinks Vader and Luke were more or less equal swordsmen when it came to their famous showdown on the Death Star II. I know you don't hold Vader in very high regard, but the only arguments I've heard from you were in regards to ANH, after which he improved drastically. He has at least two feats that indicate parity between him and Dooku, mainly his duel with General Karbin, considered to be an improved Grievous by his maker, and him holding his own against Rage Luke (Zonakin+, as per RotJ novel). So sabers is where I can see Dooku losing. Force and all-out go to the Count, though.

Ziggystardust
Fair point about ROTJ Vader improving his skillz

Darth Thor
Dooku because Luke ain't his son and he's presumably not trying to convert him either, so he won't hold back.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Dooku because Luke ain't his son and he's presumably not trying to convert him either, so he won't hold back. Luke and Vader were equal as of ROTJ. (In sabers)

quanchi112
Dooku because Luke ain't his son and he's presumably not trying to convert him either, so he won't hold back. laughing out loud

Luke decimated Vader and there's no proof Vader held back, troll.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Luke and Vader were equal as of ROTJ. (In sabers)

If Vader held back in TK then chances are he held Back in Sabers as well.

Don't worry, Luke will be the most powerful Jedi ever. He's just not there yet in ROTJ.

Jmanghan
If Vader held back in TK then chances are he held Back in Sabers as well.

Don't worry, Luke will be the most powerful Jedi ever. He's just not there yet in ROTJ. There are sources that state otherwise, but I don't have them.

ROTJ takes place a few years after ESB, IIRC.

If anything, it looks more like Vader is getting beat down as of ROTJ, and that Luke is the obviously clear superior in their fight.

Luke was probably holding back as his mannerisms during the fight imply.

quanchi112
Luke clearly held back. He ne we wanted to kill his father and stops fighting altogether. He handily crushed Vader. It wasn't even close.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by quanchi112
Luke clearly held back. He ne we wanted to kill his father and stops fighting altogether. He handily crushed Vader. It wasn't even close. Thats what it shows in the movie, yeah.

Luke holding back until Vader brings up Leia, then Luke beats the HELL out of him.

quanchi112
Thats what it shows in the movie, yeah.

Luke holding back until Vader brings up Leia, then Luke beats the HELL out of him. thumb up

Vader fans really have nothing to brag about. It's kind of sad to see this many adult fans overreacting to a history of shitty feats.

relentless1
Dooku easily wins, he outclasses in sabers and Force ability; we all know Luke aint got no answer for the Force lightning....

Jmanghan
Originally posted by relentless1
Dooku easily wins, he outclasses in sabers and Force ability; we all know Luke aint got no answer for the Force lightning.... His lightsaber would be a good answer for the Force Lightning.

relentless1
Luke doesnt know anything about that, if he did he wouldn't have thrown his saber away before facing the Emperor

darthbane77
Dooku in a tough fight.

Darth Thor
There are sources that state otherwise, but I don't have them.

ROTJ takes place a few years after ESB, IIRC.

If anything, it looks more like Vader is getting beat down as of ROTJ, and that Luke is the obviously clear superior in their fight.

Luke was probably holding back as his mannerisms during the fight imply.

All Legend sources.

What it looks like is irrelevant if Vader was conflicted and not going all out.

Luke started the fight by attacking. And that was the last portion of the fight as well with Luke attacking in a frenzy. That was the whole point, they were goading Luke into attacking.

The only times Vader attacked were far less furious attacks than he's capable of and no use of his Beastly TK say at all.

Rebel95
Luke would win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.