Who still enjoys watching shitty Star Wars prequels in 2016?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ziggystardust
Perhaps just for relaxation purposes?

Beniboybling
Ace poll.

Zenwolf
I don't mind em, I liked em. /Shrug

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Zenwolf
I don't mind em, I liked em. /Shrug

That's you're a very special person who appreciates disappointment, Zenwolf.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
That's you're a very special person who appreciates disappointment, Zenwolf.

Except I wasn't disappointed? Movie tastes vary to every person.

Ziggystardust
Except I wasn't disappointed?

And that's because you're a very special person, who finds a silver lining in mediocracy.

Azronger
By themselves, they're shit. However, I do very much enjoy most scenes when viewed in the context of Legends. And given that it's basically impossible for me to ignore Legends, yes, I do enjoy watching them.

Zenwolf
And that's because you're a very special person, who finds a silver lining in mediocracy.

Medicore to you perhaps, not to me, I found them enjoyable.

Beniboybling
TPM is quaint, AotC is bearable, RotS is very enjoyable, actually.

Darth Thor
More enjoyable than TFA in any decade.

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Darth Thor
More enjoyable than TFA in any decade.

Is it because they cast a black actor?

Darth Thor
Is it because they cast a black actor?

Finn was actually the best part of the film (aside from the final scene with Luke).

Deronn_solo
TPM was atrocious, Attack of the Clones watchable. RotS was one of the funnest movies I've ever watched, tbh.

Kurk
Better than TFA for sure. I usually watch them to jerk off to Padme

aalyasecura95
i actually liked tpm because of padme who was a female role model and showed that women can do things like politics which are basically no nos in are patriarch society. aotc ruined it by making padme a prop and into a bimbo who stayed with a maniac who throwed abuse at her thus legitimizing it in are society. rots sidelined her completely it was a discgrace but it had decent action.

UCanShootMyNova
TPM was alright. AotC was meh. RotS was solid.

Kurk
Originally posted by aalyasecura95
i actually liked tpm because of padme who was a female role model and showed that women can do things like politics which are basically no nos in are patriarch society. aotc ruined it by making padme a prop and into a bimbo who stayed with a maniac who throwed abuse at her thus legitimizing it in are society. rots sidelined her completely it was a discgrace but it had decent action. I mean she was still a senator in AotC and RotS, wasn't she?

FreshestSlice
Finn was actually the best part of the film (aside from the final scene with Luke).
Hamell acted the shit out of just doing nothing.

relentless1
the first two movies arent so bad and ROTS is the best out of the whole bunch; OT included

Zenwolf
Originally posted by FreshestSlice

You surprised? It's Mark Hamill!

quanchi112
Rots is still the best Star Wars film to date.

Trocity
Agree with Beni, Deronn, Syndi - TPM was not a good movie, AOTC wasn't either but it had better highs and lower lows. ROTS is the most entertaining and re-watchable SW film for me.

quanchi112
Trocity riding under the Quan wave.

FreshestSlice
You surprised? It's Mark Hamill!
*Hamillton

Zenwolf
*Hamillton

Nah it's just Hamill.

Kurk
Worst to Best:
TPM
TFA
AotC
RotS
RotJ
ESB
ANH

Darth Thor

thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kurk
Worst to Best:
TPM
TFA
AotC
RotS
RotJ
ESB
ANH Horrible list.

Jmanghan
The only one I really dislike is TPM. AOTC and ROTS are fun... Not good, but fun little Journey's.

TPM is just... SOOOOO BORING!

FreshestSlice
Nah it's just Hamill.
Not according to random woman five.
v7BwIyNN9rs

relentless1
Worst to Best:
TPM
TFA
AotC
RotS
RotJ
ESB
ANH

worst to best:

A New Hope
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
The Force Awakens
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith

Kurk

|King Joker|
The best is still TESB.

Jmanghan
"You were right about one thing master, the negotiations were short -Smiles-"

Zenwolf
Well he was, I mean the moment they got there, boom went their shuttle.

Jmanghan
Well he was, I mean the moment they got there, boom went their shuttle. That scene was ****ing hilarious though, and that look Qui-Gon gave him. xD

quanchi112

Zenwolf
It's almost as if movies are subjective in entertainment value..

Kurk
Originally posted by quanchi112
Your list sucks. The movie's you like at the top of your list are not very rewatchable.
Not an argument.

Trocity
Originally posted by relentless1
worst to best:

A New Hope
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
The Force Awakens
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Revenge of the Sith

Damn, you think A New Hope is the worst SW film?

UCanShootMyNova
ESB.
RotJ.
ANH.
RotS.
TFA.
TPM.
AotC.

Trocity
ROTJ and ANH are sort of tied for me. The beginning of the saga and the end. I like them both for different reasons.

Still think Lucas shoulda gone with Wookiees instead of Ewoks, though.

Kurk
Originally posted by Trocity
ROTJ and ANH are sort of tied for me. The beginning of the saga and the end. I like them both for different reasons.

Still think Lucas shoulda gone with Wookiees instead of Ewoks, though.
But then I wouldn't be crying at this scene:
14HRo_eTUgg

Zenwolf
That death was pretty sad.

carthage
TFA shits on Attack of the clones and The Phantom Menace lmao

Kurk
Originally posted by carthage
TFA shits on Attack of the clones and The Phantom Menace lmao It's damn copycat of ANH and RotJ lmao. Nothing unique about it at all.

quanchi112
Not an argument. You can't really argue opinion but I will insult yours. It stinks.

Jmanghan
It's damn copycat of ANH and RotJ lmao. Nothing unique about it at all. It doesn't need to be unique, just good.

Kurk
You can't really argue opinion but I will insult yours. It stinks.
You're not giving a reason why

quanchi112
You're not giving a reason why The films you support aren't good.

Kurk
The films you support aren't good. because...

quanchi112
because... Low entertainment value.

Kurk
Low entertainment value. low entertainment value because...

Notice how I wrote a quick little critique and praising of each one in my list.

quanchi112
low entertainment value because...

Notice how I wrote a quick little critique and praising of each one in my list. Yes, and I disagree with your opinion on many of your choices.

Kurk
Yes, and I disagree with your opinion on many of your choices.
Then make your own brief critique and analysis and rebuttal mine.

You keep bragging about how objective you are so this should be easy for you.

quanchi112
Then make your own brief critique and analysis and rebuttal mine.

You keep bragging about how objective you are so this should be easy for you. Nah, it's like arguing why red is better than blue. It's opinion based only. Your opinion sucks IMO.

Kurk
Nah, it's like arguing why red is better than blue. It's opinion based only. Your opinion sucks IMO.
Laziness is a virtue

quanchi112
Laziness is a virtue I don't care to argue this. You do. You lose.

Kurk
I don't care to argue this. You do. You lose.
I lose b/c I give a critique and you're either unwilling or unable to produce one of your own?

quanchi112
I lose b/c I give a critique and you're either unwilling or unable to produce one of your own? I do not care to you do. You lose and your opinion still sucks.

Kurk
I do not care to you do. You lose and your opinion still sucks. I care about the films and you don't. Sounds good to me.

Emperordmb
Watching ROTS on LSD was the best movie experience of my life tbh.

quanchi112
I care about the films and you don't. Sounds good to me. Oh I care but I don't care to discuss why I think blue is better than red. You're an idiot. Oh and your opinion still sucks.

Kurk
Originally posted by Emperordmb
thanks for sharing.
Oh I care but I don't care to discuss why I think blue is better than red. You're an idiot. Oh and your opinion still sucks.
I'm amazed that film critics exists as an occupation then!

quanchi112
thanks for sharing.

I'm amazed that film critics exists as an occupation then! They also get paid for their reviews. You really yearn for my knowledge.

Emperordmb
thanks for sharing.
You're welcome.

Kurk
They also get paid for their reviews. You really yearn for my knowledge. Yes, please do share your objective opinion like any good critic would. Clearly it's not like arguing blue is better than red if people do it for a living.

quanchi112
Yes, please do share your objective opinion like any good critic would. Clearly it's not like arguing blue is better than red if people do it for a living. Any preferential based opinion is still an opinion. Subjective opinion isn't a fact you dim witted dolt.

Kurk
Any preferential based opinion is still an opinion. Subjective opinion isn't a fact you dim witted dolt.
You argue by giving a justified opinion and you support it with facts. That's how you debate quanchi.

quanchi112
You argue by giving a justified opinion and you support it with facts. That's how you debate quanchi. That is debating an outcome not a preference. The fact I have to tell you the difference is another indicator of the Down's.

Kurk
That is debating an outcome not a preference. The fact I have to tell you the difference is another indicator of the Down's.
That's not how it works in literature. Everything is subject to interpretation. If you've ever written a critical analysis paper in school you would understand that you provide your personal interpretation and back it up with reasonable evidence. How good you are at getting your point across and persuading the reader determines if it's good or not.

Jmanghan
Watching ROTS on LSD was the best movie experience of my life tbh. No one cares.

quanchi112
That's not how it works in literature. Everything is subject to interpretation. If you've ever written a critical analysis paper in school you would understand that you provide your personal interpretation and back it up with reasonable evidence. How good you are at getting your point across and persuading the reader determines if it's good or not. Again I simply don't care to persuade you. I personally enjoy when idiots such as yourself champion mediocrity. I don't want to be like you. I don't Es t you to try to imitate me either. You'll definitely try as you did before.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Jmanghan
No one cares.
I didn't know you were some omniscient being who spoke for everyone, and I don't see why your opinion should matter to me.

Jmanghan
I didn't know you were some omniscient being who spoke for everyone, and I don't see why your opinion should matter to me. It shouldn't.

But you cared enough to respond. smile

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Jmanghan
It shouldn't.

But you cared enough to respond. smile
If we're going by that logic you were lying about not caring about my comment since you responded to begin with. smile smile smile

Jmanghan
If we're going by that logic you were lying about not caring about my comment since you responded to begin with. smile smile smile Touche. smile

relentless1

yea, ever since I was a kid... its just so boring to me...then again the aspects that drew me to the series was everything revolving around the Jedi and the dark side so with the crappy lightsaber duel and Luke just starting on his journey there was nothing there to really hold me.

Darth Thor

That is pretty sad when these youngsters don't appreciate the original classic. And rank a film which just poorly imitates it above the original classic.

thumb up

I think ROTS was the best big screen experience of my life tbh. But then I only watched the OT on the big screen after I had already seen them a hundred times each.

relentless1
at least Phantom Menace had a good lightsaber fight and a teacher who can actually move properly without breaking a hip... Im probably older than you are Thor, my opinion is my own who the hell are you to hate on it?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by relentless1
at least Phantom Menace had a good lightsaber fight and a teacher who can actually move properly without breaking a hip... Im probably older than you are Thor, my opinion is my own who the hell are you to hate on it?

I didn't say anything about The Phantom Menace, so not sure why you brought that up.

The film which poorly imitates ANH is TFA.

Beniboybling
ESB > ROTS > ANH > ROTJ/TFA > TPM > AOTC for me.

quanchi112
I didn't say anything about The Phantom Menace, so not sure why you brought that up.

The film which poorly imitates ANH is TFA. TFA is by far and away superior to ANH.

UCanShootMyNova
Quan. It's a blatant copy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Quan. It's a blatant copy. ANH was a copy of another film. It's far more entertaining, better action, better acting, better special effects, better characters, etc. TFA is superior imho.

UCanShootMyNova
What did ANH copy?

quanchi112

UCanShootMyNova
Fair enough. I'll always enjoy ANH more then TFA though due to having scene the general plot you mentioned first in that movie rather then TFA.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
What did ANH copy?

ANH didn't "copy" anything. He's just a jealous SW Hater.

Lucas drew on inspiration from many different films and franchises, but in the end made something very Unique and full of Originality and Imagination.

Comparing that to Episode 7 blatantly copying the original film of the same franchise is frankly retarded.

No one walked out of ANH saying that was a blatant copy of so and so.. They did with Episode 7, so this dumb propaganda for ANH began by the Lucas haters.

quanchi112
ANH didn't "copy" anything. He's just a jealous SW Hater.

Lucas drew on inspiration from many different films and franchises, but in the end made something very Unique and full of Originality and Imagination.

Comparing that to Episode 7 blatantly copying the original film of the same franchise is frankly retarded.

No one walked out of ANH saying that was a blatant copy of so and so.. They did with Episode 7, so this dumb propaganda for ANH began by the Lucas haters. It has been documented. You weren't even aware of this and are still in denial. It was heavily copied. The difference is TFA is by far a more entertaining film than ANH. Most people have never seen the other film, dummy. That doesn't change reality just because you're upset Lucas plagiarized another man's work.

Petrus
Originally posted by Beniboybling
ESB > ROTS > ANH > ROTJ/TFA > TPM > AOTC for me.

Exactly the way I have them thumb up

Might get blasted for this, but I found TPM much less boring than AOTC. The initial scenes were entertaining. We get to see a young Kenobi and his master for the first time, we get to see Jedi escaping from battle droids and hiding underwater. The pod racing was awesome, and the whole relationship between Anakin and Jinn developing was sort of interesting. Then, they go straight to battle in Naboo, where there were actually three different epic battles going on: Maul, starfighters, and the palace take-back. I don't know why ppl say it was boring, it was actually pretty action-packed.

Trocity
Tattooine was just so boring in TPM, they were there forever, it stunk up the whole movie for me. The podrace was alright, but I was never as big a fan of it as most other people. Jar Jar also puts a major damper on things. AOTC wasn't all that great, especially with the cringy Anakin/Padme scenes, but Jango was awesome, Yoda fighting for the first time, the clones, the Geonosis arena, the speeder chase. The only memorable thing about TPM is duel of the fates for me.

ROTS>ESB>ANH=ROTJ>TFA>AOTC>TPM for me.

quanchi112
Rots
Rotj
TFA

Kurk
I too used to hate ANH and TESB as a youngster. I would feel disappointment when watching Spike TV's SW marathon only to see that either of these two were playing the whole day. Then I matured a bit and learned to appreciate the classics despite them perhaps not having the best fight-scenes and CGI.

If you asked me 5 or so years ago I probably would've said
RotS>RotJ>AotC>TPM>TESB>ANH with TFA taking third or second place.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Petrus
Exactly the way I have them thumb up

Might get blasted for this, but I found TPM much less boring than AOTC. The initial scenes were entertaining. We get to see a young Kenobi and his master for the first time, we get to see Jedi escaping from battle droids and hiding underwater. The pod racing was awesome, and the whole relationship between Anakin and Jinn developing was sort of interesting. Then, they go straight to battle in Naboo, where there were actually three different epic battles going on: Maul, starfighters, and the palace take-back. I don't know why ppl say it was boring, it was actually pretty action-packed. TPM is just a better movie than AotC, which was largely a dull and cringy romance between Padme and Anakin, the bitchy relationship between Anakin and Kenobi didn't help either. It has a few good action scenes, and a cool lightsaber fight, but so does TPM, but minus the other stuff. TPM also has a more cohesive plot, whereas AotC was just a messy bridge between Episode I & III.

ares834
ESB>ANH>RotJ>RotS>TFA>TPM>AotC

Ziggystardust
Aotc was definitely the shitttest of the three.

UCanShootMyNova
Ziggy's right for once. thumb up

Petrus
Yeah, I'm bored by AOTC tbh. Like Beni said, it's just a messy bridge. It gets better the moment Anakin and Padme arrive in Geonosis, but before that... thumb down

UCanShootMyNova
Battle scenes are cool. That's the only enjoyable part of the movie.

Ziggystardust
If we're talking about the lightsaber fights, then I'd still pick every OT skirmish over anything seen from the prequels. Just from a suspension building perspective. But even from the perspective of a choreographer, episode 1 - 3 aren't anything special in the art of combat. There are several fan made lightsaber battles that trump them in this regard, and even on a shoe-string budget.

quanchi112
Ot duels were not impressive. If you like inefficient sloppy movements of a cocky dummy against a burned cripple then the Ot is for you. Get out that handicap sticker lorded Vader it's time to kick your inexperienced sons ass.

Ziggystardust
Quan will also be disappointed to know that I was the one snoring during into the darkness.

Zenwolf
Quan, would you really like TFA if it wasn't Abrams at the helm of it? Because it seems like you don't like anything SW, other than TFA which was directed by the guy who did also the new Trek films which you enjoy.

quanchi112
Quan will also be disappointed to know that I was the one snoring during into the darkness. I expected it since you just confirmed your sub par taste in the post above. Take down that evil cripple Luke oh wait it's your shitty father. Maybe killing the emperor will wash away thirty some years of killing people. May the force be with you.

quanchi112
Quan, would you really like TFA if it wasn't Abrams at the helm of it? Because it seems like you don't like anything SW, other than TFA which was directed by the guy who did also the new Trek films which you enjoy. Rots is my favorite Star Wars film. Did Abrams direct it ?

Zenwolf
Rots is my favorite Star Wars film. Did Abrams direct it ?

No. But fair enough, I just see you mostly praise TFA and its characters and pretty much not caring about anything else.

quanchi112
Rots
Rotj
TFA Page five of this very thread.

Is the Abrams directed film at the top of the list ? Zen, you have to at least pretend to pay attention.

quanchi112
No. But fair enough, I just see you mostly praise TFA and its characters and pretty much not caring about anything else. They have superior characters save Maul who is my second favorite at this point. I can like a film Rotj but think the characters in it aren't to my preferences. You do realize this, right ?

Zenwolf
Well you don't seem to come across like that in some posts you make. But ok.

quanchi112
Well you don't seem to come across like that in some posts you make. But ok. Do not let my aggressive posting style fool you. The Ot empire is weak and I'm not going to be shy about reiterating that point again and again. It isn't hatred I'm simply speaking my beliefs which are supported by evidence.

Darth Thor
Well you don't seem to come across like that in some posts you make.

Because he jumped onto NUWars before it even came out like a pillock.

Now he's praising Snoke all the time after Ren was confirmed inferior to Vader.

quanchi112
Because he jumped onto NUWars before it even came out like a pillock.

Now he's praising Snoke all the time after Ren was confirmed inferior to Vader. Kelvin timeline is definitively superior to the Ot era. You backed down so you don't believe otherwise.

I looked forward to Snoke prior to the film. I also prefer Kylo to Vader. I am a trend setter. I the first to get places you usually are the last. It's no surprise Vader is your favorite character. Most people out there like him. Sheep.

relentless1
the Emperor/Darth Sidious is my absolute favourite character in the mythos...this is probably why I enjoy the PT more, also the focus is on the Jedi and the aspect of the Force and the battle between the Sith and Jedi is what draws me to Star Wars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.