Statements made by George Lucas.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ziggystardust
Are they still an overruling law of canon Legends?

UCanShootMyNova
http://38.media.tumblr.com/76356aeda0dc5ae9f56ea91b5df65aeb/tumblr_inline_natbmvlbRv1sqos68.gif

Azronger
Nope. And George agrees with me here.

Darth Thor
Lol Legends has no rules now. All Legends means is Not Canon.

But the whole thing was built on the concept of Lucas comes first.

Lucas's statements still count towards Canon though unless blatantly contradicted.

Beniboybling
Lucas is gone, let us free ourselves from his tyranny. smile

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Azronger
Nope. And George agrees with me here.

Yes, I've peered into your red note. Lucas does distinguish the expanded universe as something separate from his own world, but what about in regards to characters and events he conceived? Little nuances that were conducted in the brain of George Lucas and transferred to strips of camera roll. Now just to pay devils advocate here, there is a rather vast array of sources defining Lucas' vision as the foundation to all other source material relating to Star Wars, and the only statement I see contradicting this is made in the Readers Companion

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by Darth Thor
All Legends means is Not Canon.

Unfortunately not, if that were the case than various fanmade sources could be considered Legends also. No, the way I see is that Legends is simply a demotion.

Azronger
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Yes, I've peered into your red note. Lucas does distinguish the expanded universe as something separate from his own world, but what about in regards to characters and events he conceived? Little nuances that were conducted in the brain of George Lucas and transferred to strips of camera roll. Now just to pay devils advocate here, there is a rather vast array of sources defining Lucas' vision as the foundation to all other source material relating to Star Wars, and the only statement I see contradicting this is made in the Readers Companion

The only thing of Lucas' creation that Legends cannot contradict is the movies. That's the way it's always been.

In regards to his own vision - not canon, since according to himself, even the completed OT was around one third of "his vision" that he had in his head. Even the new Canon doesn't care about that, so why should Legends, something even Lucas has never acknowledged?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Unfortunately not, if that were the case than various fanmade sources could be considered Legends also. No, the way I see is that Legends is simply a demotion.

The difference between fan made sources and Legends is that Legends was published by and is owned by Lucasfilm. And they can therefore borrow bits from that source and introduce it into canon. E.g. Thrawn.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Lucas is gone, let us free ourselves from his tyranny. smile

Lol. His word isn't the ultimate canon now, but it's still the source that Disney is basing all their expanded material on (including the new films).

quanchi112
The question is would D. Thor given the chance orally pleasure Lucas ? I think we all know the answer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.