Puck vs Gorgon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
No stare, Dark Wolverine version.

Who wins?

leonidas
based on his initial battles with logan and elektra, he should destroy puck. but, based on his less than impressive fight against rand, which you're appraently going with, puck can def make this a match. what were gorgon's claws made from, anyone know? puck has some pretty good piercing durability i think.... if gorgon can't cut him effectively, puck would likely win this in the end.

-K-M-
He also had a close fight with Shang chi recently

puck is immune to blades/cuts, but gorgon has a magical sword so I would assume it could cut him up

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -K-M-
He also had a close fight with Shang chi recently

puck is immune to blades/cuts, but gorgon has a magical sword so I would assume it could cut him up

He wasn't carrying that blade as (New) Dark Wolverine, though.

Just the claws that were capable of cutting Skaar.

carver9
Shang was amped

-K-M-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He wasn't carrying that blade as (New) Dark Wolverine, though.

Just the claws that were capable of cutting Skaar.

Sure he has grasscutter somewhere. Not sure if he repaired his godkiller blade or not?? Maybe that's what his claws were made out of (doubt it though)

Originally posted by carver9
Shang was amped

He was

Supermutant
Gorgon has experience some amount of villain decay, since he was toying with Elektra and Wolverine at the same time. He should still be enough to handle Puck for a nice majority.

-K-M-
He was doing that before his resurrection and after that his stats got amped further so villainy decay by all accounts shouldn't have happened. Plus magical swords as weapons is a huge plus

Supermutant
It shouldn't have happened but it did. He went from clearly outclassing Elektra and Logan simultaneously to DD one shotting him while fighting Iron Fist. Shang Chi wouldn't have been able to stalemate him as long as he did if Gorgon was written the way he was in Enemy of the State.

carver9
@KM

Yes, he was amped. I'm sure you remember this scene.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/3675782-3660414-avengers%2Bworld%2B%282014-%29%2B003-016-2.jpg

Do I need to post the scene before this because I know you're aware of it. The only time he actually did something against Gorgon, he called spirits into him. Before this, he used the environment against him/Gorgon. This fight doesn't prove anything because the context of it is HUGE and needs to be taken into consideration.

cdtm
Originally posted by Supermutant
It shouldn't have happened but it did. He went from clearly outclassing Elektra and Logan simultaneously to DD one shotting him while fighting Iron Fist. Shang Chi wouldn't have been able to stalemate him as long as he did if Gorgon was written the way he was in Enemy of the State.

Logan also did better individually then he did with Elektra, too.

But why couldn't Shang and Danny just be that good, instead of Gorgon suffering villain decay? Shang's Bruce Lee incarnate who took on Doombots and an undead samurai who cut a bullet clean down the middle, while Danny's essentially Bruce Lee with super powers.

cdtm
@KM

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/8/80103/3675782-3660414-avengers%2Bworld%2B%282014-%29%2B003-016-2.jpg

Do I need to post the scene before this because I know you're aware of it. The only time he actually did something against Gorgon, he called spirits into him. Before this, he used the environment against him/Gorgon. This fight doesn't prove anything because the context of it is HUGE and needs to be taken into consideration.

Is Danny's chi an "amp"? Basically the same thing for Shang's ancestor's.

The real feat is simply dropping Gorgon to one knee for a second given his damage soak. Even with Matt's kick, we don't know if Gorgon was hurt or sent flying/bored and walked away. Shang, he staggered Gorgon on panel. That's a first, afaik.

carver9
Originally posted by cdtm
Is Danny's chi an "amp"? Basically the same thing for Shang's ancestor's.

The real feat is simply dropping Gorgon to one knee for a second given his damage soak. Even with Matt's kick, we don't know if Gorgon was hurt or sent flying/bored and walked away. Shang, he staggered Gorgon on panel. That's a first, afaik.

Chi amp is normal for Shang but adding power to your own is something entirely different. Let's also not forget his showings during the Avengers title. Like making clones of himself. I can't remember off hand what amp he received but Shang is amped.

-K-M-
@KM

Oh no I was agreeing with you. He was amped. Comment was more about current status of gorgon and what he was doing rather then directly about power. I'm giving the nod to gorgon in this fight with puck. Comment was not a knock against gorgon, Shang chi is a beast and then he got the garden upgrade

Correct me if I'm wrong but shang still has that amp and his duplication ability no? Not sure if he has appeared after secret wars or not???

Dareangel
seriously guys, gorgon just like mister x began his career by beating wolverine and being a bad ass. mister x had his downfall very fast when he fought iron fist and luke cage. after that, everybody and their grandma mopped the floor with that guy and suddebly his ability to read moves didnt work. Gorgon lasted a bit longer. took out elektra as well. killed phobos. but once again, the moment he fought iron fist thats it he gets beat up and outclassed easily. after that shang chi puts him to shame as far as skills. only reason gorgon won is because of his healing factor that kept him going until shang just tired up and got beat up. its like when ever someone meets iron fist they have to downplay the guy to the point he loses his skills and abilities. wolverine is the guy they beat up badly and make a name for themselves and danny is the guy who suddebly makes them forget they can actually fight.

-K-M-
Gorgon dipped a bit but he is still beastly, but yeah Mister X had a hard fall

Dareangel
i really feel like gorgon took also a big dive. the difference between him and mister x is the fact mister x later on had a lot of losses. gorgon on the other hand has only those stains, however the gorgon that beat wolverine and elektra, and was fighting them at the same time, should have given a much better fight to iron fist and even beat him. when both mister x and gorgon went up against him, same story. couldnt land almost a single hit on him. just panels showing iron fist beating them up left and right. thats just stupid. yeah right the guy who completely owned wolverine and elektra cant land more than 1 hit on iron fist while getting beat up and eventually knocked out by daredevil? i mean i like daredevil but come on. a kick from daredevil took him out? and he has a healing factor that whitstood hell. several punches from iron fist, not using his iron fist shouldnt be a problem at all so we clearly asume he was just fine when getting kicked in the face by daredevil. thats a big fall in my opinion.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by -K-M-
Sure he has grasscutter somewhere. Not sure if he repaired his godkiller blade or not?? Maybe that's what his claws were made out of (doubt it though)

I'm not saying he ditched it. I'm saying he doesn't have it in this thread stick out tongue

cdtm
Originally posted by Dareangel
i really feel like gorgon took also a big dive. the difference between him and mister x is the fact mister x later on had a lot of losses. gorgon on the other hand has only those stains, however the gorgon that beat wolverine and elektra, and was fighting them at the same time, should have given a much better fight to iron fist and even beat him. when both mister x and gorgon went up against him, same story. couldnt land almost a single hit on him. just panels showing iron fist beating them up left and right. thats just stupid. yeah right the guy who completely owned wolverine and elektra cant land more than 1 hit on iron fist while getting beat up and eventually knocked out by daredevil? i mean i like daredevil but come on. a kick from daredevil took him out? and he has a healing factor that whitstood hell. several punches from iron fist, not using his iron fist shouldnt be a problem at all so we clearly asume he was just fine when getting kicked in the face by daredevil. thats a big fall in my opinion.

Iron Fist beat T'Challa to a pulp through his vibranium armor. It's not really PIS that Danny can hold his own with a guy that outclassed Logan, when Priest himself wrote him as more of a threat to his boy Black Panther then Logan or Iron Man was..

StiltmanFTW
http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/than_then.htm

-K-M-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I'm not saying he ditched it. I'm saying he doesn't have it in this thread stick out tongue

Whoops. Not going to lie I didn't even notice it's a specific gorgon for the thread.

leonidas
i'd def say gorgon is less than he was when we compare his osborne character to his earlier incarnations. IF is pretty good, but there is no chance he's work logan and elektra like gorgon did--effortlessly. i'm not convinced he'd win a majority against old school logan tbh, (and if he did it would be a very slight majority imo) let alone beating logan AND elektra with stupid ease. /shrug

early gorgon would demolish puck too imo. against dark gorgon though he has a def chance.

cdtm
How about classic Gorgon against classic Black Tarantula?

Punking a non holding back Spidey > wiping the floor with Logan/Elektra, imo.

leonidas
i've always said i thought that would have been an awesome fight. i had high hopes for BT who for some reason just....never really amounted to much. sad thought he could have been a cool logan villain, and maybe crossed over to DD too. too bad.

TheLurkingFear
Gorgon hasn't diminished at all, people put too much stock in Dark Avengers, that was his only bad showing in his whole career. After that, Hickman pretty much didn't even acknowledge that it happened, and Gorgon beat the shit out of an amped Shang Chi who could one shot those Alpeh robots.

abhilegend
That wasn't Hickman though. Nick Spencer wrote that fight.

cdtm
Originally posted by abhilegend

Exactly.

And Shang dropped Gorgon to one knee. First and only time I've ever seen his healing factor taxed.

TheLurkingFear
Originally posted by abhilegend

Hickman and Spencer are both credited as the writer of the issue, not that it really matters who wrote it anyways.

Dareangel
Originally posted by cdtm
Iron Fist beat T'Challa to a pulp through his vibranium armor. It's not really PIS that Danny can hold his own with a guy that outclassed Logan, when Priest himself wrote him as more of a threat to his boy Black Panther then Logan or Iron Man was..

well i think what really gives iron fist the advantage is the iron fist and his current chi maniulation. however in both fights i mentioned, we see him easily outskill the both of them. skill wise alone, i dont think iron fist is on a whole other level next to wolverine and elektra. he fought to a standstill daredevil twice. got defeated by wolverine. he preety much had toe 2 toe fights with almost any street out there. iron fist is very skilled and definitely top MA, but i dont think anyone really believes he is several leagues above logan and elektra combined.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.