Would Hillary be a one term president?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
This thread is about a the outcome of re-election of Hillary Clinton in 2020. What do you think would be the outcome in the states based off her popularity/last runs in this years/her run against Obama? What Republican challengers are her most likely opponents? And after 2016 what demographic changes may weaken or strengthen her chance for re-election?

The Ellimist
It'll help her a lot if she were to win Congress, but that seems unlikely. She may win the Senate.

BackFire
I think whoever wins this election will very likely be a one term president.

Both of them have historically bad favorability ratings already, those numbers will only go down once they are in office.

I guess it's possible that expectations for each would be so low that as long as America continues to exist in 4 years it could be seen by some as a success, but yeah I do think whoever wins will probably be a one term president.

The Ellimist
Most of the reasons for Hillary's low favorability ratings may go away when she actually takes office and nothing catastrophic happens. Then her ratings may revert to how well people think she's actually doing as president.

Its2016
She'll be in jail.

Bashar Teg
i think she will be a one term. we already felt the bern and theres no coming back from that. most people are feeling at least a little bit disillusioned with their candidates and many are just sick of the whole bundle. i think bernie will claim many former republicans by then from the great festering GOP corpse, when all the macho drama is over and they really have time to consider their choice wisely.

*okay maybe just a little bit of wishing

BackFire
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Most of the reasons for Hillary's low favorability ratings may go away when she actually takes office and nothing catastrophic happens. Then her ratings may revert to how well people think she's actually doing as president.

This is certainly possible.

However, even if she does a good job and doesn't significantly screw anything up in office, people already actually do want a change in this country. Polls show regularly that most people think that the "country is on the wrong track". And she's not going to change that track, so people will probably still think that in 4 years.

There's also the fact that 3 terms from one party is usually about the most the people allow. George HW Bush was a one term president. I imagine something similar could happen with Clinton. People might desperately want something different and vote her out, even if she doesn't really do anything wrong.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by The Ellimist

First she would have to stop being corrupt. However she will not be able to. The Clintons are so busy squashing all their conspiracies and corruption they will be unable to govern effectively.

Its2016
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i think she will be a one term. we already felt the bern and theres no coming back from that. most people are feeling at least a little bit disillusioned with their candidates and many are just sick of the whole bundle. i think bernie will claim many former republicans by then from the great festering GOP corpse, when all the macho drama is over and they really have time to consider their choice wisely.

*okay maybe just a little bit of wishing Feel the bern. big grin

jaden101
Depends on a lot of factors. How much the Dems will control the house and the Senate. If she can't get anything passed by Congress then her ratings will plummet and she'll be out.

Also depends on how much and for how long the Reps implode after defeat. They threw every feasible candidate at the primaries this time around and they've all pretty much killed their future chances so who is up and coming in the party who can run next time around?

Its2016
Originally posted by jaden101
Depends on a lot of factors. How much the Dems will control the house and the Senate. If she can't get anything passed by Congress then her ratings will plummet and she'll be out.

Also depends on how much and for how long the Reps implode after defeat. They threw every feasible candidate at the primaries this time around and they've all pretty much killed their future chances so who is up and coming in the party who can run next time around? What if she defeats IS while the first lady dicks white house staff?

jaden101
Originally posted by Its2016
What if she defeats IS while the first lady dicks white house staff?

I'd say she call that a mixed bag.

Time-Immemorial
She will raise the debt 10 trillion in 4 years.

Time-Immemorial

Sin I AM
Originally posted by carthage
This thread is about a the outcome of re-election of Hillary Clinton in 2020. What do you think would be the outcome in the states based off her popularity/last runs in this years/her run against Obama? What Republican challengers are her most likely opponents? And after 2016 what demographic changes may weaken or strengthen her chance for re-election?

If she wins. I dunno. Too many variables

The Ellimist
Originally posted by BackFire
This is certainly possible.

However, even if she does a good job and doesn't significantly screw anything up in office, people already actually do want a change in this country. Polls show regularly that most people think that the "country is on the wrong track". And she's not going to change that track, so people will probably still think that in 4 years.

There's also the fact that 3 terms from one party is usually about the most the people allow. George HW Bush was a one term president. I imagine something similar could happen with Clinton. People might desperately want something different and vote her out, even if she doesn't really do anything wrong.

It's possible that all of the shady deals she's cut were just to get her into the Oval Office, and that once she's in there she'll become the most progressive head of state the world has ever seen. mmm

Its2016
Originally posted by jaden101
I'd say she call that a mixed bag. Id say she gets another 4 years if she does exactly that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.