Hillary Told Room Of Businessmen That More Food Stamps Will Fix The Economy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time-Immemorial
http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/13/leaked-speeches-hillary-told-room-of-businessmen-that-more-food-stamps-will-fix-the-economy/

laughing out loudlaughing out loud

Time-Immemorial
Hahahahahahaha

BackFire
Her argument really isn't unreasonable imo. Making it so poor people can eat without worrying about it breaking their bank account would allow them to spend more money on other things that they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford.

Time-Immemorial
I know you are not serious

BackFire
Explain the flaw in the argument if you disagree. Allowing poor people to buy more products = potential for healthier economy. Also people not going hungry = better society.

Time-Immemorial
Who's paying for their food stamps?

BackFire
So do you not think food stamps should exist?

krisblaze
Not a permanent solution but worthwhile for transitional periods in its immediacy.

It's not as easily abusable as simple welfare-payouts and guarantees a baseline that most human(e) politicians can agree on cross-party, that all citizens should eat and live.

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by BackFire
So do you not think food stamps should exist?

They should just not as a ploy they stimulate the economy. She's an idiot man.

snowdragon
Her argument really isn't unreasonable imo. Making it so poor people can eat without worrying about it breaking their bank account would allow them to spend more money on other things that they otherwise wouldn't be able to afford.

Which is practically the cornerstone of our national economy.

big grin

That won't fix our shat GDP though.

Astner
I wish we had food stamps in Sweden. It would be so gratifying to see the idiots in front of me in the line to the checkout counter humiliate themselves by having to pull out a food stamp-booklet to pay for their food.

In fact I think we should have two different currencies, one for the white-collars and another for the proletariat.

Surtur
Originally posted by Astner
I wish we had food stamps in Sweden. It would be so gratifying to see the idiots in front of me in the line to the checkout counter humiliate themselves by having to pull out a food stamp-booklet to pay for their food.

In fact I think we should have two different currencies, one for the white-collars and another for the proletariat.

It's not a booklet bro, it's a card. Which unless someone gets right up in your face when you are paying most people aren't going to know that the card you are using is a food stamp card.

Also wait why is it humiliating to need this?

Time-Immemorial
These conversations are pointless

Stigma
Explain the flaw in the argument if you disagree.

Allowing poor people to buy more products = potential for healthier economy.

In the context of providing more food stamps for the poor, underlined, for convenience, is the major flaw. I'll let you figure out the details. Good luck. smile

Sin I AM

It's a grand idea. As a one time recipient of it i can say 1st hand it's something the government should invest more into.

The number 1 priority of poor people is food. A huge portion of the little income thats recieved goes into groceries. By alleviating that need thru assistance it ensures families dont starve. Here in North Carolina where i live the minimum wage is 9 per hour. So a gal working 40 hours a week earns about 360 a week before taxes. Not a whole lot. The purpose of this program is to be of service to low-income individuals during economic crisis such as unemployment and when one income in the family is not sufficient enough to sustain any longer. This is the reason why a major surge in the number of applicants was witnessed during extended periods of economic downturn. For example right now my town in Lumberton is currently underwater. The place i work at was also affected by Hurricane Matthew. So basically I'm homeless AND jobless for the time being. If i lived paycheck to paycheck or didnt have a savings I'd be devastated. Fortunately im not...but for those who do live that way they're faced with a terrible reality. Programs like Snap helps those in need.

Its2016
Is it common for foodstamps to be traded for drugs and guns?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Its2016
Is it common for foodstamps to be traded for drugs and guns?

Not sure if serious but let me indulge your ignorance.

Food stamps, like someone mentioned before, comes on a card. Its used in the same way any other eletronic debit card is used only it's sole purpuse is food. You CANNOT use it for anything else. If you have say a limit of 200 dollars you cannot "cash" it in or withdraw it from an atm. It cannot purchase alcohol or tobacco. It cant purchase "hot" foods like a warm rotisserie chicken they commonly serve at Wal-Mart. Only "cold" foods. A family of three where i live gets about 250 a month where i live at in NC. The HOH makes about 1400 per month before taxes so they qualify. If you break it down thats about 8.30 a day for food for a family of 3. Not exactly the lap of luxury. But if you shop correctly and dont but name brand you can eat well. Mind you, youd still have to supplement it with your own income but you wouldn't be as stressed at the checkout line

Sin I AM
Hmmm looking back i didnt answer your question. No. It cannot be used to purchase guns or drugs. It's not an acceptable form of currency for such a transaction although id love to see someone try

Its2016
Thats good, i missed where you said it was a card. My concern was if it was used in crime gangs, if thats not the case, more is good, however, and I must stress this, it has to be a certain value that correlates with inflation. Im not an economist, but if more people used food stamps for cold foods, those markets may suffer if not correlated properly with boom and bust cycles.

Astner
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
These conversations are pointless
It would stimulate the economy, but it would be at the Taxpayer's expense. Which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for carried interests and other loop-holes effectively allowing the wealthiest to drain the economy by not paying their fair share.

Its2016
Originally posted by Astner
It would stimulate the economy, but it would be at the Taxpayer's expense. Which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for carried interests and other loop-holes effectively allowing the wealthiest to drain the economy by not paying their fair share. I dont understand this at all. Surely more food stamps means less tax?

Sin I AM
What do you mean less tax?

Sin I AM
The main goal of the program is to minimize hunger and undernourishment by making it possible for low-income individuals to apply as participants and avail the benefits for purchasing non-prepared and prepackaged food. Its about 2% of the budget (in comparison the military is about 20%). It's a great program im not sure what cons there may be to it. If anything there should be more funding

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.