Why didn't Vitiate go after Exar Kun's spirit?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
I was rewatching the Old Republic timeline when it told the tale of Barrel Ovair and his victory over Naga Sadow. Gnost makes it clear that the Ancient Sith posed a threat to Vitiate's plans for the early war against the Republic, yet we know that Exar Kun is canonically more powerful than any of the ones that came before. Why didn't Vitiate send a Sith force or a Jedi pawn to incapacitate his spirit before his eventual loss to Luke's NJO? Would Vitiate's Sith have been capable of besting Exar Kun on Yavin, what were his reasons for not taking him out?

Unbowed
Kun's spirit would have bitchslapped Vitiate just like he bitchslapped Luke.

darthbane77
Maybe he didn't know about Kun? That's my best guess.

MythLord
Maybe he knew Kun's spirit was a helpless wreck trapped inside a Temple on Yavin IV?

SunRazer
He didn't know about Kun, indeed. Or at least, at first.

Sadow being retconned back into existence is dumb writing, though.

carthage
Assuming Exar Kun's post TOTJ feats are valid, would pre-Novel Vitiate have been able to take his spirit on in a fight? Or would a team of his best Sith been able to have extinguished him?

The timeline seems to be inaccurate about a lot of things, in retrospect.

darthbane77
I think Vitiate would have been able to take Kun's spirit down, whether or not Vitiate would get off his ass to actually do it is another debate entirely.

SunRazer
Originally posted by carthage
Assuming Exar Kun's post TOTJ feats are valid, would pre-Novel Vitiate have been able to take his spirit on in a fight? Or would a team of his best Sith been able to have extinguished him?

Probably the former.

The timeline's an in-universe representation of Gnost-Dural's history chronicles, which aren't infallible. There are a number of things represented incorrectly - either aesthetically or actually in terms of the lore.

Nephthys
I think Ak'ghal Usar on Yavin mentioned that Valkorion visited the planet soon after Kun had been killed, so Vitiate should know about Kun. He likely decided not to do anything because of his imprisonment.

He'd win tho.

SunRazer
One also wonders why Vitiate didn't try anything on the Sith Ghosts on Yavin IV during SoR.

Geistalt
Originally posted by SunRazer
One also wonders why Vitiate didn't try anything on the Sith Ghosts on Yavin IV during SoR. You mean why he didn't try to perform the Ritual of Nathema on Yavin 4? Simple: he planned on having Revan do it for him.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by carthage

The timeline seems to be inaccurate about a lot of things, in retrospect.

Why not just use orbital bombardment?

Azronger
He might've beaten spirit Kun. He would lose to full-powered Kun, though.

DarthAnt66
what

darthbane77
LMAO @ Kun beating Vitiate.

Azronger
I have a low opinion of novel Vitiate. I think he would've lost to Revan, too, if not for his nexus.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Azronger
I have a low opinion of novel Vitiate. I think he would've lost to Revan, too, if not for his nexus. THAT I agree with. Off a nexus Revan would have won that fight.

Azronger
And I have Exar Kun and Revan somewhat close to each other, although I'm not sure who'd win between them.

DarthAnt66
Revan. thumb up

Darth Abonis
Its a brain fart that he didn't send someone after Kun. Or maybe he did and that stories never been told.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Azronger
And I have Exar Kun and Revan somewhat close to each other, although I'm not sure who'd win between them. I agree with Ant, Revan would win. I actually have a rather low opinion of Kun in comparison to most people though.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Revan. thumb up

S_W_LeGenD
Continuity issues. Nothing else.

Geistalt
Besides, it's not as if he can Force Walk (especially as a spirit w/o a vessel).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.