Darth Nihilus vs. Darth Krayt (Force battle)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Who takes this?

SunRazer
Nihilus is more powerful, but I imagine that thanks to Krayt's Dark Transfer, any damage that Nihilus inflicts with Lightning or telekinesis isn't going to get him very far. It all depends on how useful his Drain is here, and how much of Krayt's Force connection he can actually drain.

The Ellimist
Do you think Nihilus is more powerful than novel Vitiate?

SunRazer
Well, according to TOR: E or the TOR codex entry (even if they're in-universe), no.

Although he's probably extremely close. Definitely on the same level.

The Ellimist
Does that entry ever say that novel Vitiate is stronger? I know Nyriss claimed that Nathema made him more powerful than any sith before him, but she would have no way of knowing that, and Nihilus came after (she probably didn't know about him at all).

SunRazer
Ah, you're right. They both refer to SWTOR Vitiate. And he had three hundred years of growth between the novel and the game where he explored the "uncharted, most sinister depths of the dark side".

Nihilus being more powerful than novel Vitiate is entirely possible, then, and looks to be that way based on showings.

And no, Nyriss wouldn't have known about Vitiate. At the time that she told Scourge about Nathema, Nihilus had yet to become the Lord of Hunger, anyway.

The Ellimist
It's only the case if you buy that Revan > Nihilus because Meetra said so, which I know you don't.

SunRazer
What's the case? I said Nihilus' showings look to put him above Vitiate as of the novel.

Deronn_solo
Nihilus is below the ancients, per the man who wrote and created the character.

Krayt murks.

SunRazer
Who said Avellone ranks the Ancients where we do?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by SunRazer
What's the case? I said Nihilus' showings look to put him above Vitiate as of the novel.

I meant it's only the case that Vitiate would be clearly above Nihilus by the novel if you buy that Revan was more powerful than Nihilus.

Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Nihilus is below the ancients, per the man who wrote and created the character.

Krayt murks.

Those were imaginary ancients with abilities they ended up not having.

SunRazer
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I meant it's only the case that Vitiate would be clearly above Nihilus by the novel if you buy that Revan was more powerful than Nihilus.

As I said in that thread, more powerful than BioWare Nihilus. Not KotOR II Nihilus. The Exile suggests the opposite in KotOR II.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Those were imaginary ancients with abilities they ended up not having.

Oh, really? Was this confirmed, or insinuated?

SunRazer
KotOR II establishes the Ancients as beings who can do worse than destroying worlds, and can consume any living thing, lol. Perhaps you should consider ranking the Ancients higher, then.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Oh, really? Was this confirmed, or insinuated?

Well he claimed that they could shape galaxies and sh*t and were called the "True Sith".

SunRazer
I forgot - Ludo Kressh in KotOR II is suggested to be insanely powerful. It's more than a millennium after his death, yet his Tomb is so powerful that the Exile's companions literally can't enter it, despite them going through Freedon Nadd's tomb and potentially absorbing the remnants of Nadd's power if it's the DS version.

Surely that isn't comparable to the Ludo Kressh that we all know and mock.

Dread Dark
Well that depends how powerful is Darth Nihilus's raw force abilites.
Which tier does his power go to?
Examples such as Lightning/TK ect.

UCanShootMyNova
Nihilus.

MythLord
Krayt.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by SunRazer
Nihilus is more powerful, but I imagine that thanks to Krayt's Dark Transfer, any damage that Nihilus inflicts with Lightning or telekinesis isn't going to get him very far. It all depends on how useful his Drain is here, and how much of Krayt's Force connection he can actually drain.

SunRazer
Nihilus is more powerful. At least in a feat-for-feat comparison.

Unbowed
Nihilus is an aberration. No one can take him barring maybe Vitiate and Exar Kun, who have themselves used Drain on a massive scale.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Unbowed
Nihilus is an aberration. No one can take him barring maybe Vitiate and Exar Kun, who have themselves used Drain on a massive scale.
LMFAO
Sidious/Luke/Yoda > Kun/Nihilius/Vitate

Azronger
Nihilus may win a weightlifting contest, but not an actual battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.