Grievous and Durge vs Maul and Savage ( Melee only )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UCanShootMyNova
Melee meaning equipment, H2H and force augmentation for Maul and Savage but no combative force powers.

Fight takes place on Dathomir.

Incarnations: LoE Grivous. Durge as of his fight with Kenobi. SoD Maul. Savage as of his fight with Sidious.

Zenwolf
Team 1, the Brothers have no way of putting down Durge.

UCanShootMyNova
Let's say Durge's healing factor is disabled or limited greatly.

Solar Power
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Team 1, the Brothers have no way of putting down Durge.

This, and the fact that Grievous is extremely durable as well. Even with Durge's healing ability weakened, the guy moves faster than your average jedi and takes a lightsaber to the gut like nobody's business. The dude has no central nervous system, you would have to impose super strict limitations for someone to be able to kill him with their bare hands. Chicken-leg Maul may actually be better for hand to hand, which is a funny thought.

Durge and Grievous aren't going to martial art Savage and Maul like some jedi scrubs, their going to claw their eyes out and bash their skulls in. Savage's horn impalement and Maul's teras kasi won't be very effective at all imo. Not to mention I can't see Maul tackling LoE Grievous without consequence.

UCanShootMyNova
They have their lightsabers.

Solar Power
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
They have their lightsabers.

Does Grievous also have his lightsabers?

MythLord
If somewhat post AotC Kenobi can dispatch Durge, I'm sure the brothers can. He seems to get incapped whenever you slice him into several bits, or blow him up into several bits, something I can definitely see Maul and Savage doing.

However... Savage trips and decapitates Maul who overextends himself and gets decapitated by Grievous.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Solar Power
Does Grievous also have his lightsabers?
Yes.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by MythLord
If somewhat post AotC Kenobi can dispatch Durge, I'm sure the brothers can. He seems to get incapped whenever you slice him into several bits, or blow him up into several bits, something I can definitely see Maul and Savage doing.

However... Savage trips and decapitates Maul who overextends himself and gets decapitated by Grievous.

I don't think explosives count as standard equip for Maul and Savage. Melee only.

Solar Power
In any event, the fight is a lot harder to decide with sabers; idk why Durge doesn't just snap the necks of force sensitives that stab him, he just punches them away in every instance, lol.

Durge at his best is a badass. He's fast enough to keep up with the likes of Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Obi Wan, and Anakin. His fight with Plo Koon and Kit Fisto is a very impressive showing, and I believe that jedi team is comparable to the Brothers in sabers.

In one scenario, Maul or Savage contend with Grievous long enough for the other to cut up Durge and then gang up on Grievous. Then the brothers keep cutting Durge into pieces and dispose of him accordingly. I see this as the likely scenario, as the brothers are more likely to bisect or behead Durge than a jedi is, so Durge would be incapacitated longer.

In another scenario, I could see Durge use his nerve arm thingies to incapacitate the brothers in some way and Grievous coming in for the kill.

With sabers, I favor team 2 for a slight majority.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Team 1, the Brothers have no way of putting down Durge. They put him down the same way Kenobi did in OCW.

UCanShootMyNova
Melee only Jman.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Jmanghan
They put him down the same way Kenobi did in OCW.

They can't use The Force here, so no Force Repulse.

MythLord
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I don't think explosives count as standard equip for Maul and Savage. Melee only.

They can still slice him to bits.

UCanShootMyNova
Yes.

Azronger
Grievous solos.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lol.

UCanShootMyNova
Well, to be fair he did take on entire companies of clones and groups of Jedi barehanded within the Geonosis caverns.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.