Meetra Surik vs. Darth Plagueis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Can Surik use her force bond to befriend Plagueis?

Force sabers all out

The Ellimist
Plagueis literally solos every major character in KotOR II.

darthbane77
Plagueis curbs her.

darthbane77
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Plagueis literally solos every major character in KotOR II. I somehow doubt that Plagueis is winning against Nihilus.

UCanShootMyNova
Meetra drains.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by darthbane77
I somehow doubt that Plagueis is winning against Nihilus.

He is, IMHO. He's already declared as the most powerful sith to his time ever - on top of that, he's a more effective combatant.

Granted, it's a little less plausible that he solos Nihilus and every other major player kotOR II, but he might be able to do either.

Deronn_solo
Plagueis has no defense against drain.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Plagueis has no defense against drain.

Nihilus uses sever force first, which doesn't work if your foe is more powerful. And it seems highly unlikely that Plagueis never learned drain, nor is it an insta-kill against superior opponents; Krayt couldn't kill Luke with drain, for example.

Deronn_solo
Please don't tell me you still take novel blurbs seriously, I mean really.

The Ellimist
You don't have grounds to dismiss this one beyond your gut feeling lol.

Azronger
Yeah, Plagueis could solo KotOR 2, if we exclude Nihilus from the fight.

carthage
What if Meetra uses her force wound?

darthbane77
He is, IMHO. He's already declared as the most powerful sith to his time ever - on top of that, he's a more effective combatant.

Granted, it's a little less plausible that he solos Nihilus and every other major player kotOR II, but he might be able to do either. Where is it said Plagueis is the most powerful Sith up to himself? Because I don't see Plagueis as being superior to the likes of Nihilus and Vitiate based on their feats.

Deronn_solo
You don't have grounds to dismiss this one beyond your gut feeling lol.

You haven't given grounds to accept it either, lmao. They are as legit as the Insiders vs series, in my eyes.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The fight goes something like this.

carthage
Could Meetra mimic Plagueis's Lightsaber form?

Emperordmb
Terrible analogy. The fight you linked was way too close.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Hard to mimic much of anything before Plagueis erases her from existence. smile

The Ellimist
You haven't given grounds to accept it either, lmao. They are as legit as the Insiders vs series, in my eyes.

"in my eyes" vs. their presence on published material approved by Lucasfilms?

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

DBZ suckz.

The Ellimist
The publisher's blurb would be questionable if it were just thrown out there in contradiction to a bunch of other evidence, but the reverse is true:

- Sidious and Plagueis both honestly believe what the blurb confirms
- they both cause an unprecedented shift in the balance of the Force through sheer meditation
- we know that Sidious by RotS is the most powerful sith in all of history; it's not much of a stretch that his predecessor, who was his equal just a decade before, was the previous

Deronn_solo
"in my eyes" vs. their presence on published material approved by Lucasfilms?
Yes, The Insider vs series has that, too. Yet, we tend to look at that differently for reasons.

Publisher summary are mostly made to grab attention by using flowery wording, hyperbolic terms and such. I seriously doubt any legit thought are put into the details.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

DBZ suckz.

It's Super, not Z. And the new villain is goddamn amazing.

Beerus stomps Silver Surfer instantly. smile

The Ellimist
Yes, The Insider vs series has that, too. Yet, we tend to look at that differently for reasons.

Publisher ummary are mostly made to grab attention by using flowery wording and such. I seriously doubt any legit thought are put into the details.

The insider vs. series is a what-if, and therefore infinities; even if this weren't the case, they could still be argued against from a larger body of other evidence. The problem here is that you are dismissing a publisher's blurb that just states more definitively what Plagueis already claimed in the novel, and what we could already guess from RotS Sidious's power and their Force unbalancing, just because you personally don't like it.

And thinking about how much "legit thought" they put in would be grounds to toss out TPM as non-canon.

Deronn_solo
The insider vs. series is a what-if, and therefore infinities;

Yeah, the fight itself is because cross era battles aren't possible, lal. The conclusion themselves isn't as it's directly broken down, and analyzed by respected individuals in the Lucasfilm group under the license and consent of the aforesaid company.

Beven if this weren't the case, they could still be argued against from a larger body of other evidence.

I'm well aware, yeah. But that's neither here, nor there from my point.

Originally posted by The Ellimist The problem here is that you are dismissing a publisher's blurb that just states more definitively what Plagueis already claimed in the novel, and what we could already guess from RotS Sidious's power and their Force unbalancing, just because you personally don't like it.

Me liking or disliking a quote has nothing to do with anything, lal. Unlike you, I don't have an not-so-discreet agenda to raise the PT/NJO era above all the of the rest, 'cause. I simply find the nature of such blurbs to be dubious, especially when the intent is strictly promotional purposes that uses hyperbolic text and flowery wording to grab attention. Especially when the canocity of them has never been confirmed either way. But, if his feats and holistic implication already points to that fact, why do you debate so religiously for the blurb?

Out of curiosity, why do you guys think the quote only refers to up to Plagueis time? Where was that implication ever implied?

SunRazer
"Where was that implication ever implied?" smile

Anyway, the implication would be that it only refers up to Plagueis' time since it's an in-universe quote.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.