Serra Keto VS Shaak Ti

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
These two ladies fought(well Keto did at least] Lord Vader. Now they fight each other.

Who wins?

MythLord
Keto, being inferior to Drallig, would've gotten Fisto'ed.

Shaak stomps.

SunRazer
Shaak was inferior to Drallig as well.

TFU Shaak would win but hardly stomp.

Deronn_solo
What are Keto's best feats?

SunRazer
She's branded as an "incredibly skilled swordsman", was the best of Drallig's apprentices, and if we take the game (which I don't), she casually breaks and hurls some cylinder thing that could crush people.

I think she has some Force feats in OCW too but I don't recall much from her there.

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer
Shaak was inferior to Drallig as well.

TFU Shaak would win but hardly stomp.

Yet she survived, whereas Cin got Fisto'ed despite having aid?

Pardon me while I question how one of the most skilled Jedi the Order ever produced isn't stomping a Jar'Kai wielding pleeb who's best feat is slicing droids.

Beniboybling
Shaak was inferior to Drallig as well.And got Kolar'ed lmao.

SunRazer
@Myth - I guess an exhausted Shaak Ti did better against Grievous than Foul Moudama and Roron Corobb because she survived, even though she was two-shotted and they at least held their own for a while.

They're all some of the most skilled Jedi in the Order, lol.

MythLord
@Myth - I guess an exhausted Shaak Ti did better against Grievous than Foul Moudama and Roron Corobb because she survived, even though she was two-shotted and they at least held their own for a while.

They're all some of the most skilled Jedi in the Order, lol.

You can't apply an incomparable example, lol. Grievous let her live, for whatever dumb reason he did; Anakin's mission was to kill all the Jedi, no exceptions. I doubt he just let her run away, especially when he had her cornered as per TCSWE. Besides, Ti was among the top 16 greatest Jedi as of the time, something Cin wasn't.

Sarra? No, not really. Not of all time anyways, as oppose to someone like Shaak. Getting overwhelmed by a crab droid isn't even touching the heel of holding an edge over Galen Marek, besting a warlord and a Jedi killing Bounty Hunter while barely being able to stand or fending off a group of MGs for a solid minute while exhausted.

SunRazer
We don't know the circumstances of the fight. It's not a valid showing. Other Jedi may have thrown themselves in Anakin's path to save her. Maybe she fled without ever fighting him. Maybe she just hurled objects at him and then ran as other Jedi were cut down. Suggesting that it puts her above Drallig because he died and she survived is hilarious. So no, my example is not incomparable at all, and serves as the perfect example of why we can't dismiss or take something without context at face value.

She was pre-prime then, for what it's worth. But I don't know enough about Serra other than concept art material to argue for her here.

MythLord
We don't know the circumstances of the fight. It's not a valid showing. Other Jedi may have thrown themselves in Anakin's path to save her. Maybe she fled without ever fighting him. Maybe she just hurled objects at him and then ran as other Jedi were cut down. Suggesting that it puts her above Drallig because he died and she survived is hilarious. So no, my example is not incomparable at all, and serves as the perfect example of why we can't dismiss or take something without context at face value.

I doubt Ti would let Jedi throw themselves onto Anakin's blade to save her, especially when the TFU databank notes she fought Vader and his forces long enough for Jedi to escape.

Throwing objects at Vader would hinder him? That's hilarious.
TCW Anakin was barely hindered by someone much more powerful than Ti hurling objects at him, and Lord Vader as of Knightfall is >> TCW Anakin, something you'll definitely agree with me on.

The point is, it took Anakin 3 blade-swings to end Cin Drallig, while he was choking another Jedi and also deflecting the blows of a third. If it took 3 or less to end Shaak, there's little to no chance she would've survived, and yet she did, so logically she's better.

Granted we don't know the full circumstances of the fight, but we do know Shaak was cornered and that she was in her meditation chamber, alone, prior to the Jedi even realizing Vader was storming the temple...

She was pre-prime then, for what it's worth. But I don't know enough about Serra other than concept art material to argue for her here.

1 or 2 years pre-prime and getting stomped by a big droid, as oppose to Shaak, who was nearly two decades pre-prime, fighting the best fighter of a war-torn, battlehardened world and a Jedi-killer, while barely being able to stand and winning.

I'm convinced. thumb up

SunRazer
Originally posted by MythLord
I doubt Ti would let Jedi throw themselves onto Anakin's blade to save her, especially when the TFU databank notes she fought Vader and his forces long enough for Jedi to escape.

Throwing objects at Vader would hinder him? That's hilarious.
TCW Anakin was barely hindered by someone much more powerful than Ti hurling objects at him, and Lord Vader as of Knightfall is >> TCW Anakin, something you'll definitely agree with me on.

The point is, it took Anakin 3 blade-swings to end Cin Drallig, while he was choking another Jedi and also deflecting the blows of a third. If it took 3 or less to end Shaak, there's little to no chance she would've survived, and yet she did, so logically she's better.

Granted we don't know the full circumstances of the fight, but we do know Shaak was cornered and that she was in her meditation chamber, alone, prior to the Jedi even realizing Vader was storming the temple...

You don't need to nitpick the examples I gave. The point is that Shaak engaging in a legitimate contest against Anakin isn't even proven.

Also, what proof is there of Shaak actually clashing with Vader? She might well have ran from Vader's forces and not engaged Vader himself in combat. After all, the RotS deleted scene of her in her meditation chamber is actually Vader blitzing her.

Cin's factually better than Shaak, so no matter how you try to spin it, Shaak isn't better. Which is precisely why she likely didn't engage in any sort of real one-on-one fight with Anakin.

A couple of years of war where most Jedi veritably improved, whereas Shaak spent nearly two decades in hiding on a backwater planet. If anything, Serra's improvement would be logically greater.

MythLord
You don't need to nitpick the examples I gave. The point is that Shaak engaging in a legitimate contest against Anakin isn't even proven.

Also, what proof is there of Shaak actually clashing with Vader? She might well have ran from Vader's forces and not engaged Vader himself in combat. After all, the RotS deleted scene of her in her meditation chamber is actually Vader blitzing her.

That deleted scene has no bearing on anything, lal. We know from TCWSE that Anakin has cornered her and many believed he actually killed her. From the RotS novel we see Anakin's directly targetting her, asking where she is, and we see in the TFU comic that fighting Anakin was one of her achievements.

And if they didn't fight, why would TVC note the power difference between the two? For sh!ts and giggles?

Cin's factually better than Shaak, so no matter how you try to spin it, Shaak isn't better. Which is precisely why she likely didn't engage in any sort of real one-on-one fight with Anakin.

He's as factually better to her as Revan is to Nihilus, or Bastila is to Dooku.

Ti managed to pull off something Drallig couldn't, that's a fact. The only thing Cin is "factually better than" Ti in, would be swordsmanship, and that quote strikes me more as technical skill than actual combative skill.

A couple of years of war where most Jedi veritably improved, whereas Shaak spent nearly two decades in hiding on a backwater planet. If anything, Serra's improvement would be logically greater.

Shaak also went through those same two years of war, then spent nearly two decades in a world where she strengthened its and, logically, her own Force connection. Pardon me while I think her growth dwarfs Sarra's.

Even if you want to argue they had similar, or even if Sarra had greater growth, Ti's feats are still vastly better, as is her hype, as are her accolades. To say she doesn't stomp a random mook who likely got one-shotted by Anakin is just wrong.

SunRazer
That deleted scene has no bearing on anything, lal. We know from TCWSE that Anakin has cornered her and many believed he actually killed her. From the RotS novel we see Anakin's directly targetting her, asking where she is, and we see in the TFU comic that fighting Anakin was one of her achievements.

Anakin searching for her doesn't mean he found her. If the deleted scene has no bearing, then it doesn't count as evidence that Anakin found her. The TFU comic doesn't show any fighting at all.

Where's the TFU databank quote that you mentioned?

And more importantly, even if they did fight, we don't know the circumstances. We don't know what support Shaak may or may not have had.

Maybe as justification for her having to flee, which was the primary point of the quote?

Revan > Nihilus wasn't from a sourcebook, much less a companion guide to a primary source.

Bastila was never said to be factually better than Dooku, and Ant said the quote refers to actual game mechanics.

Drallig's stated to have chosen to stay and fight to the death instead of running, so again, the examples aren't comparable. If Shaak had stayed, she'd have died also.

As for what you think of the quote, we're basically arguing over semantics again.

Irrelevant. We're comparing RotS Shaak to OCW Serra. RotS Shaak had already gone through the war - you can't add it on top of her RotS showings to say that she improved.

Obi-Wan strengthened his Force connection and yet his growth went backwards.

Hype is accolades, and Serra is hardly a random mook. In fact, it's thought that Serra and Cin together would've given Anakin the fight of his life, for what it's worth.

As I said, Serra doesn't have much but I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that she can stop herself from being stomped at least.

MythLord
Anakin searching for her doesn't mean he found her. If the deleted scene has no bearing, then it doesn't count as evidence that Anakin found her. The TFU comic doesn't show any fighting at all.

I wasn't even using the the deleted scene as proof of him finding her, I'm using the RotS novel having him obviously searching for her as his primary target, TVC noting she narrowly escaped death(which obviously implies he was at least in the same hallway as her) and the TFU comic, when listing all of her achievements, had her coming face-to-face with an angered Anakin Skywalker.

Where's the TFU databank quote that you mentioned?

And more importantly, even if they did fight, we don't know the circumstances. We don't know what support Shaak may or may not have had.

The one that Ti fought long enough to assure that a lot of the Jedi survived?

"After ensuring that several padawans and their masters escaped, Shaak Ti too reluctantly fled on her own."

-- TFU databank

And if Ti was inferior to Drallig, she would've died even with the aid of three Jedi, and most of the Jedi were occupied with hordes of Clone Troopers and Shaak was in her own meditation chamber, alone.

Maybe as justification for her having to flee, which was the primary point of the quote?

And narrowly escape death before fleeing, which obviously implies Anakin was damn close to her when she fled.
And it'd be enough to say she just narrowly escaped death from Order 66 in general, not Skywalker's own blade.

Revan > Nihilus wasn't from a sourcebook, much less a companion guide to a primary source.

Neither was this. It was from a random character encyclopedia which has Ti fleeing before the all-out carnage of the Jedi Temple(which is both contradicted, and would invalidate Cin being > her since he was the finest swordsman in the Temple at the time of the raid).

Drallig's stated to have chosen to stay and fight to the death instead of running, so again, the examples aren't comparable. If Shaak had stayed, she'd have died also.

Shaak also stayed long enough to ensure the survival of several Jedi padawans, Knights and Masters survived before fleeing herself. If she had stayed, she obviously would've died, but I doubt she would've died in three strokes.

As for what you think of the quote, we're basically arguing over semantics again.

For whatever it's worth, Insider places Ti among the top 16 MVP Jedi of the day, and excludes Cin from it, and the RotS Visual Guide notes Ti is the greatest swordsmaster of the Temple, so... yeah. And swordsmaster =/= fighter, tbh. It may as well have been referring to technical skill.

Irrelevant. We're comparing RotS Shaak to OCW Serra. RotS Shaak had already gone through the war - you can't add it on top of her RotS showings to say that she improved.

Actually, the Shogar Tok feat I'm pushing happened in 22 BBY.

Obi-Wan strengthened his Force connection and yet his growth went backwards.

Kenobi didn't spend those two decades specifically preparing himself, and others, to fight the Empire.

Hype is accolades, and Serra is hardly a random mook. In fact, it's thought that Serra and Cin together would've given Anakin the fight of his life, for what it's worth.

As I said, Serra doesn't have much but I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that she can stop herself from being stomped at least.

That thought is contradicted when Cin got Fisto'ed. :/

And I don't think she can stop herself from getting stomped, or at least handily beaten, by someone of Ti's calibre.

SunRazer
I wasn't even using the the deleted scene as proof of him finding her, I'm using the RotS novel having him obviously searching for her as his primary target

Finding her doesn't mean he got her. Or got into a legitimate fight.

Which could just be referring to the fact that she narrowly escaped a confrontation with Vader, which would've resulted in her certain death.

Visions tend to be drawn that way - they're not necessarily representative of what happened. But if so, does that constitute sufficient context for us to claim that it's a flat-out better feat than Cin Drallig? I doubt it.

Absolutely nowhere does this say that she fought Anakin or kept others safe from him. If anything, her keeping padawans safe from clones makes more sense.

If she was alone, then how did she keep Padawans safe? You can't have two bites of the cherry.

Again, she might've just escaped a confrontation with someone who would've certainly ended her life.

It doesn't say anything about her surviving Skywalker's blade. It does say "at the hands of", so that would imply a potential fight (although it could just as easily refer to Anakin leading the 501st into the Temple as the action in question).

It is the RotS visual guide, which isn't just a random encyclopedia. Ti did flee in the face of the carnage of the Temple, and Cin was the Temple's finest swordsmaster in that time.

You said earlier that she was alone, so again, you can't have two bites of the cherry.

She obviously fought alongside other Jedi, it seems. So even an encounter between her and Vader would not necessarily be indicative of the outcome in a legitimate fight.

And for whatever it's worth, Cin has better hype than Ti and was mentioned alongside the greats when Dooku told Grievous of the Jedi he should be afraid of, and such a listing omitted Shaak Ti.

Also, I thought the quote about being the greatest swordsmaster came from the RotS visual guide?

Doubt it's better than Serra being an incredibly skilled swordsman.

Fair enough.

Depends. It's hard to say that Shaak holding the edge over Galen is enough to justify a stomp against an incredibly skilled swordsman anyway, since Galen, for all of his hype, hasn't done anything impressive with a blade up to then, although of course, such an argument applies equally to Cin Drallig and Serra Keto. Although it's fair to put Galen at that point over Serra, but not necessarily by enough of a margin that Shaak would be dominating Serra, I don't think.

Beniboybling
Myth be in denial that Anakin blitzed Ti. Lmao. smile

MythLord
Finding her doesn't mean he got her. Or got into a legitimate fight.

Yeah... he probably offered her a cup'a'tea when he apporached her.

Which could just be referring to the fact that she narrowly escaped a confrontation with Vader, which would've resulted in her certain death.

Which isn't really likely, since the padawans and masters she managed to ensure were rescued believed Anakin actually killed her.

Visions tend to be drawn that way - they're not necessarily representative of what happened. But if so, does that constitute sufficient context for us to claim that it's a flat-out better feat than Cin Drallig? I doubt it.

I mean, the comic has her bladeclashing with Grievous, killing droids, training the Clones on Kamino, fighting on Brentaal IV and finally an angry Skywalker right next to her. Seems like she's going at him mano-a-mano.

And like I said, if Ti was really inferior to Cin as an overall combatant, she could've had the aid of 3-4 Jedi and still been slaughtered.

Absolutely nowhere does this say that she fought Anakin or kept others safe from him. If anything, her keeping padawans safe from clones makes more sense.

Actually, the quote just prior notes she fought Vader and his forces, repelling their attack and rallying the Jedi.

If she was alone, then how did she keep Padawans safe? You can't have two bites of the cherry.

By holding off Anakin so he doesn't slaughter them? I feel Skywalker would've done more in the way of slicing up Jedi than Clones, who is Zett Jukassa can fodderize, or Zett better than Shaak Ti as well?

It doesn't say anything about her surviving Skywalker's blade. It does say "at the hands of", so that would imply a potential fight (although it could just as easily refer to Anakin leading the 501st into the Temple as the action in question).

I said Anakin's blade more as a figurative sentence, really. And I don't think the 501st, which beings lesser than Ti could slaughter, would push Ti to the brink of death, especially since it's mention Vader's immense power in the quote(which I don't think refers to the Clones)

It is the RotS visual guide, which isn't just a random encyclopedia. Ti did flee in the face of the carnage of the Temple, and Cin was the Temple's finest swordsmaster in that time.

Nah, the RotS visual guide notes Cin is a swordsmaster that Anakin slaughtered, then right underneath that it's Shaak Ti's name and a picture of her and next to that is the accolade "greatest swordsmaster of the Temple".

You said earlier that she was alone, so again, you can't have two bites of the cherry.

She was alone in the meditation chamber, when Anakin approached her. She still survived and stalled him enough to rally and save several Jedi.

She obviously fought alongside other Jedi, it seems. So even an encounter between her and Vader would not necessarily be indicative of the outcome in a legitimate fight.

Even if she was fighting alongside other Jedi, Vader would have troops near him to distract most, and really Ti would've died even wit the aid of 3-4 Jedi if she was inferior to Drallig.

And for whatever it's worth, Cin has better hype than Ti and was mentioned alongside the greats when Dooku told Grievous of the Jedi he should be afraid of, and such a listing omitted Shaak Ti.

Better hype? Nah, not really. And the reprint apparently has Shaak Ti instead of Drallig. However, I've heard this is a hoax, but an actual reprint of LoE does exist with several editions and changed texts. mmm

Also, I thought the quote about being the greatest swordsmaster came from the RotS visual guide?

Nah, the RotS Visual Guide has Ti as the most skilled in the Temple, since that accolade is mentioned right next to her picture and underneath a header that has her name.

Doubt it's better than Serra being an incredibly skilled swordsman.

I mean, one of Tyranus' most valuable assets and a known Jedi killer got stomped by Shaak who could barely stand. I take that as better than just being "incredibly skilled".

Depends. It's hard to say that Shaak holding the edge over Galen is enough to justify a stomp against an incredibly skilled swordsman anyway, since Galen, for all of his hype, hasn't done anything impressive with a blade up to then, although of course, such an argument applies equally to Cin Drallig and Serra Keto. Although it's fair to put Galen at that point over Serra, but not necessarily by enough of a margin that Shaak would be dominating Serra, I don't think.

Galen was noted as "perfecting combat techniques" before his fight with Rahm. Kota stalemated a Galen who was better than the one said accolade applied to, and Shaak was far greater than Kota.

And holistically speaking, Galen has Skywalker-esque potential and has just been through more than a decade of insane training. His skill should no doubt be amazing, rivalling most Jedi, by the time he fights Kota(who, as you know, should be among the greatest swordsmen of the day consider his mastery of Juyo).

So yeah, the margin should be pretty considerable between even First Mission! Galen and Sarra.

MythLord
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Myth be in denial that Anakin blitzed Ti. Lmao. smile

Never happened since she's still alive as of TFU, and beating Galen. smile

Beniboybling
No she dead:

http://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/17/73/92/12/shaak_10.png

http://i.imgur.com/lPHvDss.jpg

smile

MythLord
Dat canon, we talkin' about LeGendS!

You missed a golden opperunity, though, Beni... By wanking Shaak, you could've made the gap between Felucia Galen and Prime!Galen that much bigger, thus making Vader(and, if you wanna use Composite, Ahsoka) more impressive.

For shame, tbh. smile

SunRazer
He doesn't debate composites.

MythLord
A golden oppertunity to wank Vader, then?

Beniboybling
Dat canon, we talkin' about LeGendS!

You missed a golden opperunity, though, Beni... By wanking Shaak, you could've made the gap between Felucia Galen and Prime!Galen that much bigger, thus making Vader(and, if you wanna use Composite, Ahsoka) more impressive.

For shame, tbh. smile You mean, the truth. smile thumb up

But I'll let you hang on to your wet dreams, not that getting stomped by Galen is much better.

And gross, so much gross.

Fated Xtasy
yes

Selenial
stomped by Galen

I love when people spiral further and further into literal retardation because they've spent too long trying to affirm an indefensible belief, which slips ever further from the truth.

It's entertaining smile

Beniboybling
I love when Ti wankers take the bait. smile

Emperordmb
Just CAV and get it over with

Beniboybling
After I've read the Ahsoka novel. I imagine her RotS incarnation would be a fairer matchup for Ti. smile

On the other hand, still waiting for Myth to get back to me on Marek vs Shaak.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Just CAV and get it over with

Beni already ran from Sel once.

Beniboybling
Nah.

cs_zoltan
Yah. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=877679

Beniboybling
I made Sel mad, I know. What's new?

cs_zoltan
You being a coward fugg and dripping salt smile

Beniboybling
Salty? Nah, I'm sweet as f*ck. smile

Zenwolf
We're still using the vague argument of maybe Ti fighting Anakin?

cs_zoltan

You used to rate Ti highly right until Sel rated her over Rebels Ahsoka. Since then you lowball the shit out of her. That's textbook salt if I ever seen one.

Beniboybling
I get kicks out of making you and Sel mad, yeah. smile

Zenwolf
Well Canon Ti hasn't really done much of anything, so Rebels Ahsoka being over her seems about right.

cs_zoltan
I get kicks out of making you and Sel mad, yeah. smile

Chocking on your salt hardly constitutes as being mad.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well Canon Ti hasn't really done much of anything, so Rebels Ahsoka being over her seems about right.
Rebels Ahsoka>Legends Shaak>TCW Ahsoka>Canon Shaak tbh

Selenial
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
You being a coward fugg and dripping salt smile

He asked what's new smile

cs_zoltan
Fuuug. I take that L.

Beniboybling
Legends Shaak>TCW AhsokaDebatable. smile

Zenwolf
Rebels Ahsoka>Legends Shaak>TCW Ahsoka>Canon Shaak tbh

Why is Rebels Ahsoka > Legends Ti?

I don't get how you guys put Canon characters over Legends ones, where does this come from?

Beniboybling
True fax?

Zenwolf
What? Don't bull around, just tell me cause...I don't really understand.

Fated Xtasy

I can attest to that. His secret? Pineapple. Tbh

Beniboybling
winkOriginally posted by Zenwolf
What? Don't bull around, just tell me cause...I don't really understand. What are you struggling with, Zen. I can help. smile

Zenwolf
winkWhat are you struggling with, Zen. I can help. smile

How you guys can rank Canon chars above Legends chars?

I don't really get this, because well...two different continuities for one.

Plus the fact that supplement material is far in favor of Legends, which adds much more value.

Sooo.....yeah.

Plus to throw a wrench in this debate in regards to the Visual dictionary.

Since when is Ti ever noted or really shown as a Swordmaster?

This would be something more fitting to Drallig than to Ti, since Drallig...well is focused on lightsaber combat and technique, being the Jedi Battlemaster.

Ti never really struck me as being a Swordmaster of any kind.

Beniboybling
The fact that they are from different continuities hardly matters when the rules of the universe are the same, and not when people compare characters across franchises.

Canon Ezra vs Legends Sidious, Legends Mighella vs Canon Vader. I shouldn't think you'd struggle determining the victor, Rebels Ahsoka vs Legends Ti is about as clear cut. smile

Ziggystardust

Canon Ezra vs Legends Sidious, Legends Mighella vs Canon Vader. I shouldn't think you'd struggle determining the victor, Rebels Ahsoka vs Legends Ti is about as clear cut. smile

laughing

Zenwolf
The fact that they are from different continuities hardly matters when the rules of the universe are the same, and not when people compare characters across franchises.

It does matter, because in Canon things can be different.

Also of course I'm not talking about obvious mismatches.

It's also not because I don't really see it.

What has Rebels Ahsoka done that Ti couldn't do?

What? Fight a Canon Vader, who at that point has no real dueling feats of his own?

Legends Vader meanwhile has more showings of his swordsmanship than Canon Vader does around the timeframe.

Ziggystardust
Shaak ti doesn't seem to have whole lot going for her in any time period. I mean, what's her best feat? Not getting rag-dolled by Galen?

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
Shaak ti doesn't seem to have whole lot going for her in any time period. I mean, what's her best feat? Not getting rag-dolled by Galen?

Legends Ti has a little more to go on than Canon at the very least.

Beniboybling
It does matter, because in Canon things can be different.

Also of course I'm not talking about obvious mismatches.But they can still be compared just fine when you account for those differences.Vader has plenty of saber feats lol, slaughtering horde of Lyleks + the Lylek Queen (in which he kept pace with Sidious) in LotS, easily defeating Karbin i.e. Grievous 2.0, and single-handedly defeating an army of Rebel soldiers (in which he emerged unscathed) all establish him as a formidable fighter. More to the point however he's more powerful and therefore presumably stronger than Anakin (who overpowered Dooku), and Absolutely Everything You Need to Know ranks him as the #1 Sith duelist.

And Ahsoka also fought Maul, who has plenty of feats in Canon to his name.

On the other hand Ti lost to a pre-prime Marek, on a nexus, and fended off a horde of magnaguards. Ahsoka is more impressive, yeah.

Zenwolf
But they can still be compared just fine when you account for those differences.Vader has plenty of saber feats lol, slaughtering horde of Lyleks + the Lylek Queen (in which he kept pace with Sidious) in LotS, easily defeating Karbin i.e. Grievous 2.0, and single-handedly defeating an army of Rebel soldiers (in which he emerged unscathed) all establish him as a formidable fighter. More to the point however he's more powerful and therefore presumably stronger than Anakin (who overpowered Dooku), and Absolutely Everything You Need to Know ranks him as the #1 Sith duelist.

And Ahsoka also fought Maul, who has plenty of feats in Canon to his name.

On the other hand Ti lost to a pre-prime Marek, on a nexus, and fended off a horde of magnaguards. Ahsoka is more impressive, yeah.

Karbin is after Rebels as is the Rebel Army busting feat.

I'm talking about around the timeframe, not after.

I don't really see though how killing Rebels and Lyleks establish him as a great sword duelist.

Great for the accolade, but I don't really see how that makes him leaps and bounds higher.

Canon Maul has great feats in TCW, Rebels we don't know if his skills have diminished or what.

Beniboybling
Karbin is after Rebels as is the Rebel Army busting feat.

I'm talking about around the timeframe, not after.

I don't really see though how killing Rebels and Lyleks establish him as a great sword duelist. And Rebels is described as his prime, so I doubt he improved much.

Because most great sword duelists would have been slaughtered under those circumstances. confusedOriginally posted by Zenwolf
Great for the accolade, but I don't really see how that makes him leaps and bounds higher.

Canon Maul has great feats in TCW, Rebels we don't know if his skills have diminished or what. Higher than whom?

Considering they did not diminish between TPM and TCW, I've yet to see reason to believe they did to a notable degree.

Zenwolf
And Rebels is described as his prime, so I doubt he improved much.

Because most great sword duelists would have been slaughtered under those circumstances. confused

He could have in dueling skill, don't see why sword dueling would be a thing to stagnate.

What I mean is though, he didn't fight any other sword duelists, compared to his Legends incarnations where he has fought multiples.

Maybe it's fine for you guys, but I don't really see this, sorry.

But at any rate, we're trailing off the topic here.

So then...what about my wrench?

Beniboybling
He could have in dueling skill, don't see why sword dueling would be a thing to stagnate.Stagnate is a strong word, more like maintained. I feel like after 15 years Vader's skill would be plateauing.I find those feats more impressive than killing the Dark Woman, and some Jedi scrubs, quite frankly.Ti was stated to be one of the greatest swordbeings in the Order.

She's quite formidable. sick

Zenwolf
A few others also have that quote Ben. Don't think that makes them Swordmasters, it seems like a unique title otherwise I don't see why it has its own article.

Beniboybling
Yes, all of them being the best swordsbeings in the Order, and indeed, masters of the weapon.

I have no idea what you are going on about regarding this article, lol. But no, Cin Drallig is the not the only swordmaster the Jedi has.

Zenwolf
Right but since there's claims that Ti was the Swordmaster in the Visual dictionary cause of her bigger picture. I'm asking where else is she stated to be one. Because it seems more likely it's Drallig than Ti

Beniboybling
Oh your talking about that, I see.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.