Ported to DC Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
You have been ported to DC Universe and land in front of 3 items that grants you power above your imagination. You can only choose one item which one would it be.

Mjlonir (it's sentient so let's assume the hammer would allow you to lift it and become Thor).

Gem of Cyttorrak

GL ring

Q Bands

Whatever item you pick up you'll have to remember, you do not have the experience the comic counterpart have with it and as soon as you grab it, your day starts in the DC Universe. Which one would it be?

DarkSaint85
Gem or Mjolnir.

I don't need experience in using it. I don't need to learn how to use it to unlock its potential. Cytorrak is the one who determines how much power I have, not me.

With Mjolnir, as its sentient, again, I don't need to learn how to use it. Jane was just fine.

TethAdamTheRock
Gem

riv6672
The Gem.

Then i'd move to Metropolis. smile

LordofBrooklyn
Gem Of Cytorrak turns LordofBrooklyn into...

LORDOFEARTH

riv6672
^^^RedFontMan. stick out tongue

But yeah, the Gem seems a no brainer here.

ghostman
dont you have to do evil things for the gem of cyttorrak? what other powers does it grant?? damn..... after thats its either mjolnir or the green lantern ring...... both enable ftl travel and a degree of super speed, both have matter transmutation capabilities and are capable of busting stars/planets also both have or had (in mjolnirs case) space-time manipulation abilities..... damn this is a tough choice.... but theres also the whole willpower thing..... shit yeah ill go with mjolnir. atlestt until i find out more about the gem, i swear ive heard you have to do evil things for it somewhere....

riv6672
^^^You can choose to do good with the gem, but Cyttorak might not like it.
A work around is still causing lots of destruction.

Faceless808
Since it wasn't specified that we would have to be super heroes or do great deeds with our items, I'd grab the GL ring. It has more potential for fun!!

DarkSaint85
Yeah, my willpower and imagination are shit though.

riv6672
^^^very honest of you.
I'd say the same about me. I'd love a GL ring, but i'm too lax to use it at full potential.

Faceless808
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah, my willpower and imagination are shit though.

Brother DS, I'd be happy if I could grab a beer without having to get up off the couch!! eek! eek!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Faceless808
Brother DS, I'd be happy if I could grab a beer without having to get up off the couch!! eek! eek!

Sounds like heaven thumb up

Faceless808
Originally posted by riv6672
^^^very honest of you.
I'd say the same about me. I'd love a GL ring, but i'm too lax to use it at full potential.

Riv, my friend, I remember a similar question was posted before and a few posters jokingly brought up creating a beautiful green skinned woman. At less than full potential, you'd create an ugly, green skinned midget. Tell me you wouldn't .....um.......uh.........OH, NEVER MIND!! : sick sick

Faceless808
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sounds like heaven thumb up

Don't get up, Stilt, let me get that beer for you! thumb up

krisblaze
How's our willpower looking?

I'm a real pussy so I obviously wouldn't be able to use it like Hal.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
You have been ported to DC Universe

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Faceless808
Don't get up, Stilt, let me get that beer for you! thumb up

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Bring a few. Those beer runs are a very exhausting exercise.

basilisk
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
With Mjolnir, as its sentient, again, I don't need to learn how to use it. Jane was just fine. In fact she could use it better than the previous owner who actually did spend years learning how to use it.

hutchy1345
GL ring
I long as we ignore the whole needing immense willpower thing
Because the power list is endless basically
If I can't use it due to willpower then probably mjolnir

StyleTime
...this is tough. I'd be willing to put in the time training with the GL Ring, but I'm not on real life Earth, I'm on DC Earth. I might be a target or some cataclysmic shit might happen in the hours after I get it.

Still deciding.

"Id"
The Quantum Bands can replicate most of the GL stuff without the need of willpower or imagination.

krisblaze
Originally posted by "Id"
The Quantum Bands can replicate most of the GL stuff without the need of willpower or imagination.

Well, the ring is somewhat sentient though.

You could have it teach you how to use it, set it to do certain things once certain requirements are met/certain scenarios occur.

Granted the bands seem much more powerful in the hands of the average user.

Cogito
Ring doesn't work for anyone it doesn't choose, which pretty much makes it useless.

riv6672
Says a lot about Quasar. stick out tongue

ghostman

quantum bands allow space-time manipulation? massively ftl travel? matter manipulation? i dont remember him doing any of that in the 80s series....

Cogito
^ Rings haven't done most of that stuff since pre-Zero Hour, though there hasn't been an explicit retcon.

JayDaDon
I would say the GL ring...until I remember Ollie basically giving himself a hernia making one arrow construct and them saying it hurts like that every time.

riv6672
Yeah, that was a nice bit of writing.

ghostman
Originally posted by Cogito
^ Rings haven't done most of that stuff since pre-Zero Hour, though there hasn't been an explicit retcon.

the op doesnt specify post or pre anything. just a lantern ring. and im sure i can find some of that stuff post zero hour. the question was have the quantum bands done any of those things? we know they dont do any of that stuff because geoff johns.i know the guy that wrote the 80s quasar series hated ftl travel and had him warp everywhere but has there been downright space-time manipulation?

ASGARDIANBRONY
The gem. if you know how to use it you can do basically anything.

carver9
But you don't know how to use it though. The only thing you'll probably get out of it is invulnerability in strength.

golem370
What about supposed immortality that Juggernaut suppose to have?

"Id"
Originally posted by ghostman
quantum bands allow space-time manipulation? massively ftl travel? matter manipulation? i dont remember him doing any of that in the 80s series....

quantum bands allow space-time manipulation? To a degree
massively ftl travel? Yes
matter manipulation? No. But you can manipulate all forms of energy within the EM Field.

Faceless808
Originally posted by Cogito
Ring doesn't work for anyone it doesn't choose, which pretty much makes it useless.

"Mjlonir (it's sentient so let's assume the hammer would allow you to lift it and become Thor)."

I kind of figured this would also apply to the GL ring.

bluewaterrider
Mjolnir has it over the Cytorrak gem in almost every way.
Recall when Black Tom got even half of the gem's power, he couldn't fit his clothes anymore and had ladies running from him.
Also, having invulnerability without flight has meant many, MANY hours of Jug being trapped somewhere trying to dig or climb his way out of imprisonment. With periods of time and frustration so great it almost broke him mentally.
And finally there's the element of beng in the thrall of a known demon. The last might actually be the case for a Mjolnir-wielder, of course, but at least they don't know that for sure.

riv6672
I like that last part. Reminds me of the Army, from both sides of the equation. thumb up

lft4ded
But, was it little Stevie, who had the Gem and brought an entire amusement park of wax figures to life, without out-growing his clothes. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.