Non Shien/Djem So users who could defeat Dooku in sabers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kurk
After Stupendous Wave's video:
8nCJHLXhHBw

I wanted to see who is capable of defeating Dooku without exploiting Makashi's flaw.

Sabers Only

Who could defeat Dooku in a duel using only one dedicated light-saber style other than Shien/Djem So?

People who do not count for example:
- Anakin b/c he uses Djem So as his primary form
- Sidious because he implements all the forms in battle

People who can be considered for example:
- Kenobi b/c he is a primary practitioner of Soresu
- Qui-Gon b/c he is a primary practioner of Ataru

Now I want to include Juyo in the djem so category, but I don't think Juyo emphasizes as much power in its strikes correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: And when I say "could" defeat Dooku, I mean for a majority.

ares834
People are still spinning the "Makashi flaw" BS?

DarthAnt66
So much cringe in one video.

UCanShootMyNova
Majority: Yoda, Exar Kun, possibly Tulak Hord, possibly Karness Muur, possibly Darth Krayt.
Minority: Mace, possibly Talzin, Obi Wan Kenobi, Galen Marek, Arcann, Outlander, Revan.

Geistalt
General Grievous
Yoda (Ataru)
Revan (Niman)
Krayt (Niman)
Exar Kun (Niman)
Arcann
Mace Windu (Juyo)
Maul (Juyo)
Senya
Meetra Surik (wait; shit; never mind)

carthage
Not Bane

JKBart
Exar Kun, Outlander, Arcann, Revan, Act 3 Hero of Tython/Wrath II, Scourge, Darth Nyriss, Darth Malgus, Darth Marr, Yoda, Darth Plagueis, Mace Windu, Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Jacen Solo, Darth Krayt

Kurk
Originally posted by JKBart
Exar Kun, Outlander, Arcann, Revan, Act 3 Hero of Tython/Wrath II, Scourge, Darth Nyriss, Darth Malgus, Darth Marr, Yoda, Darth Plagueis, Mace Windu, Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker, Jacen Solo, Darth Krayt
someone didn't read op

Kurk
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
So much cringe in one video. make an argumentOriginally posted by ares834
People are still spinning the "Makashi flaw" BS?
make an argument

ares834
There doesn't need to be an argument to be made. There is no reason to believe it has one. I've said it time and time again, no form is supposed to go head-to-head with Djem So. That's the entire point of the form, to smash through the opponents defenses. It's no more an inherent flaw in Makashi then in any other form.

DarthAnt66
thumb up

Jmanghan
Shien is more for blaster deflection then anything.

Therefore, I don't see why it would do much against Makashi.

There are obviously aspects that cover lightsaber combat, but the form itself isn't saber-heavy like Djem So is.

Kurk
Okay Djem So only. I thought they went together.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Kurk
Okay Djem So only. I thought they went together. Shien has aspects that are useful in saber combat, but they're few and far between.

The main aspect Shien uses in saber combat is critical strikes.

Djem So, is all about lightsaber combat though.

UCanShootMyNova
Add in Caedus and Plaguies and Tenebrous to the character who can take a majority as well.

MythLord
Oh God, that video is so stupid...

Anyways... Mace, Ulic, Tenebrous, Kenobi, Exar, Vader, Ahsoka, my dog, Anakin, Caedus, Plagueis, Yoda, Sheev(he doesn't really abuse Djem So a lot), and a few others.

All of those I listed can take him at least 1/10, and some even for a majority.

Azronger
Dooku has no specific weakness to strength attacks. As to who could beat him: anyone who is better.

JKBart
Originally posted by Kurk
someone didn't read op thats because its easier to list them all

Deronn_solo
Too many to name.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by MythLord
Oh God, that video is so stupid...

Anyways... Mace, Ulic, Tenebrous, Kenobi, Exar, Vader, Ahsoka, my dog, Anakin, Caedus, Plagueis, Yoda, Sheev(he doesn't really abuse Djem So a lot), and a few others.

All of those I listed can take him at least 1/10, and some even for a majority.
...Ahsoka?
Also, Shimrra, Jaina and Maul

MythLord
Originally posted by Ursumeles
...Ahsoka?
Also, Shimrra, Jaina and Maul

If Rebels, she can take a minority.

And yeah, Shimrra and Jaina(one for a majority, another for a minority). But not Maul, no.

Kurk
Originally posted by ares834
There doesn't need to be an argument to be made. There is no reason to believe it has one. I've said it time and time again, no form is supposed to go head-to-head with Djem So. That's the entire point of the form, to smash through the opponents defenses. It's no more an inherent flaw in Makashi then in any other form. You don't think Makashi users have issues generating kinetic attacks any more than other form users?

Ursumeles
Originally posted by MythLord
If Rebels, she can take a minority.

And yeah, Shimrra and Jaina(one for a majority, another for a minority). But not Maul, no.
I think so to, but you usually don't rank her that high.
IMHO, Shimrra wins 10/10 against Dooku.
TCW Maul? Yes, he does.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.