GALEN MAREK (UCanShootMyNova) vs Whatever Revan you f*cking want (DarthAutist66)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UCanShootMyNova
You won't, lmfao.

DarthAnt66
I'll take SoR Revan.

GG. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Which incarnation of Marek are you using?

Novel, game, or comic?

UCanShootMyNova
My Galen. smile GG.

DarthAnt66
thumb down Have to pick one for consistency, or else the debate would be an incarnation war.

UCanShootMyNova
Games and comic can be used as supplementary material where it doesn't contradict itself or the novel. Novel as primary source.

DarthAnt66
thumb down Game is primary.

UCanShootMyNova
Nah. The game is chronologically the first source but is of less relevance for clarification because of it's many contradictions. The comic could be argued to be equal but the novel as a descriptory source is more useful in that it leaves less room for human error then the novel which relies on visual interpretation.

DarthAnt66
No, the novel is specifically derived from the game, so the game is the primary and the novel is the secondary.

Refer here for more information: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/star-wars-debating-2016-1532491/

I'm not bending these accepted rules for your stupidity. Either accept the game as the primary, or there's no debate.

Emperordmb
That header is ****ing ugly. Contact a mod to change it to something else so Ant can make a new one to ensure its divinity.

darthbane77
I'll be quiet after this. Agree with Syn on this one, I think the novel is much better representation and should be considered as the primary source. As for the vs itself, I side with Ant.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Emperordmb
That header is ****ing ugly. Contact a mod to change it to something else so Ant can make a new one to ensure its divinity.

The header is copied directly from Ant...

Azronger
Originally posted by darthbane77
I'll be quiet after this. Agree with Syn on this one, I think the novel is much better representation and should be considered as the primary source. As for the vs itself, I side with Ant.

That's ironic, given that the novel itself disagrees on that.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
No, the novel is specifically derived from the game, so the game is the primary and the novel is the secondary.

Refer here for more information: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/star-wars-debating-2016-1532491/

I'm not bending these accepted rules for your stupidity. Either accept the game as the primary, or there's no debate.

The game is the primary source chronologically as I just noted but it doesn't have greater authority then the other versions and because of its many contradictions and the fact it's solely a visual medium it should have the least.

DarthAnt66
Which doesn't make it not a primary source. It means the novel and the comic have many contradictions.

That's how primary, secondary, and tertiary sources work, lol.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Azronger
That's ironic, given that the novel itself disagrees on that. I only say that because it's more detailed and because the game is exaggerated, otherwise I generally consider the game to be the better source; just not in the case of TFU.

UCanShootMyNova
Which doesn't make it not a primary source. It means the novel and the comic have many contradictions.

That's how primary, secondary, and tertiary sources work, lol.

And it doesn't make it a primary source either.

Between them? Sure, which is why you have to take one source above the others to clarify when there's a problem. For me that's the novel.

The sources themselves are all C canon. They don't have different levels of validity. The chronological order in which they were released doesn't matter.

DarthAnt66
Being the original source from which the others are derived from makes it the primary source by definition.

That's wrong.

My guidelines establish the primary source as the highest C-Canon.

UCanShootMyNova
Yes, it's the primary source chronologically. But not in regards to validity.

It's right.

Well I don't give a sh!t about your guidelines.

UCanShootMyNova
Look, are you going to stop making excuses and actually debate me on this or are you going to slink away?

Beniboybling
an quality debate.

DarthAnt66
I refuse to debate unless you adhere to my guidelines. I won't change my guidelines. thumb up

Kneel, and I'll offer a token of my time. Refuse, and begone.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
an quality debate.

thumb up

I mean honestly. For all your bluster you're not even willing to debate me on a versus match you think Revan stomps in? What's that all about?

UCanShootMyNova
I refuse to debate unless you adhere to my guidelines. I won't change my guidelines. thumb up

Kneel, and I'll offer a token of my time. Refuse, and begone.

You heard it here folks. Ant is an coward. smile

DarthAnt66
No, it means I won't change my stance because you don't like it.

That's like the entire point of the guidelines. thumb up

Now, careful Syndicate. Go back to your little den and don't get me mad.

Wouldn't want your career to be ended on something like this.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

At least you're cute Ant. smile

Go ahead boi. I've been desiring an hero for a long time now.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
You heard it here folks. Ant is an coward. smile His concession has been accepted in full. thumb upOriginally posted by DarthAnt66
Now, careful Syndicate. Go back to your little den and don't get me mad.

Wouldn't want your career to be ended on something like this. Watch out Syn, he might start hounding you with accusations of being ISIS.

Nephthys
No, it means I won't change my stance because you don't like it.

That's like the entire point of the guidelines. thumb up

So what? The only penalty to not adhering to your guidelines is not having to debate you, which isn't exactly a compelling punishment. Good luck forcing people to go by them based on just that.

I do agree with you that the game should be the primary source with the others as supplementary resources, however.

UCanShootMyNova
The point is he knows I won't agree to abide by his guidelines which suits him just fine because he doesn't actually want to debate this with me.

Emperordmb
Be careful Syn or he'll snap your neck with his power... you might need a red and blue line with a 1 degree difference in orientation to see that your neck has been snapped... but still!

DarthAnt66
thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
Words to live by DMB. Words to live by.

TheMuser
You See DD, This is a slippery slope, I am unconvinced you really want this fight, if you continue to antagonize Ant he will retaliate in a many that will spell the death of Marek as we know him.

UCanShootMyNova
Doubt it.

Regardless Ant would never take part in this debate regardless of what he actually thinks his chances are because for him risking the progress he's made on Revan'a part by engaging in this debate and potentially losing is just not worth it for him especially when he takes snipes at Galen in general outside of something like this while he knows I don't ( and won't ) in regards to Revan.

Way too big of a risk on his part for little to no reward.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.