Strongest character that Luke could best armies of

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Essentially, what is the most powerful character that Luke could defeat an arbitrary amount of on an open field, provided that:

- we ignore stamina EDIT: in the long term. But he can't do his most powerful attack all day long, say his stamina recharges every 60 seconds enough to rejuvenate him were he just fighting with his lightsaber, and as much that is otherwise
- they can't combine their powers via meld/meditation/ritual/etc.
- Luke is going all-out
- we ignore the possibility of flukes/Luke eventually making a mistake from sheer statistics/etc.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Essentially, what is the most powerful character that Luke could defeat an arbitrary amount of on an open field, provided that:

- we ignore stamina
- we ignore the possibility of flukes/Luke eventually making a mistake from sheer statistics/etc.

I mean this is a Luke Skywalker who never makes a mistake and can employ mountain busting TK ad infinitum then?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
I mean this is a Luke Skywalker who never makes a mistake and can employ mountain busting TK ad infinitum then?

Just addressed loophole

UCanShootMyNova
Hmmmm. Average Jedi padawan. smile

Ziggystardust
How many ?

UCanShootMyNova
Arbitrary numbers that approximate to entire armies.

Ziggystardust
It hurts muh brain. Give me a figure pls.

ares834
Maul.

Azronger
He can probably several thousand Vader/Dooku-tiers.

NewGuy01
laughing

Nephthys
Originally posted by Azronger
He can probably several thousand Vader/Dooku-tiers.

You should seek help for the good of others tbh.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Nephthys

thumb up

Petrus
Originally posted by NewGuy01
laughing

Azronger

You cannot stop the Luke wank. Nobody can.

Dark-Kenshin
A clone army was enough to wipe out the golden age of Jedi.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
It hurts muh brain. Give me a figure pls.

The limit as n approaches infinity.

Jmanghan

Ziggystardust
I'm going to be a bit controversial here. While I accept that Luke is the strongest, he is not busting armies of anything close to Jedi. Luke Skywalker did manage to manipulate a Dovin Basal in 25 Aby. He first focused on the force and felt it "like he hasn't in years". And with that intensity he reached out and probed the black hole and the dovin basals before taking any action against them. So, apparently, he needs time to reach a special level of attunement with the force in order to perform such feats. Yet, in 28 ABY, where he's 3 years more experienced - and very potentially - three years more powerful. He's unable to overpower a group of nine Krizlaws with his Force might in a direct contest. Even with the aid of his nephew Jacen, despite using a Force-meld to 'amp' each other:

- New Jedi Order : Refugee

And just to note, Krizlaws aren't particularly dangerous considering other creatures in the SWU (rancors). And more importantly, they have never been credited with 'Force sensitivity'. Luke was basically facing a pack of over-sized, pink-skinned reptilian creatures that moved about on their muscular hind legs. They're only notable quality was their lower jaws, which could detach for a greater "swallowing" radius. So in essence, they were mini-dinosaurs no bigger than 3-4 meters long. And rather then "repelling" these creatures with TK, Luke and Jacen's chosen stratagem was shutting down their minds one-by-one - could he do this to an army of Jedi however? I do not think so.

Deronn_solo
I actually agree with Ziggy, numbers has always been a big deal on Star Wars, and no matter how hard you guys try to peddle fan-fic, Luke and co. isn't that good.

DarthAnt66
Revan soloed armies of Sith. thumb up

Deronn_solo
Sure, but armies of Vader's/Dooku's?

Lmao.

DarthAnt66
thumb up That's way beyond Luke.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Ziggystardust
I'm going to be a bit controversial here. While I accept that Luke is the strongest, he is not busting armies of anything close to Jedi. Luke Skywalker did manage to manipulate a Dovin Basal in 25 Aby. He first focused on the force and felt it "like he hasn't in years". And with that intensity he reached out and probed the black hole and the dovin basals before taking any action against them. So, apparently, he needs time to reach a special level of attunement with the force in order to perform such feats. Yet, in 28 ABY, where he's 3 years more experienced - and very potentially - three years more powerful. He's unable to overpower a group of nine Krizlaws with his Force might in a direct contest. Even with the aid of his nephew Jacen, despite using a Force-meld to 'amp' each other:

- New Jedi Order : Refugee

And just to note, Krizlaws aren't particularly dangerous considering other creatures in the SWU (rancors). And more importantly, they have never been credited with 'Force sensitivity'. Luke was basically facing a pack of over-sized, pink-skinned reptilian creatures that moved about on their muscular hind legs. They're only notable quality was their lower jaws, which could detach for a greater "swallowing" radius. So in essence, they were mini-dinosaurs no bigger than 3-4 meters long. And rather then "repelling" these creatures with TK, Luke and Jacen's chosen stratagem was shutting down their minds one-by-one - could he do this to an army of Jedi however? I do not think so.

The key here is "Luke is going all-out". We know for almost a certainty that Luke is not performing at his full power there, because:
- He basically states in one of the novels (ehhh forgot...Heirs to the Empire or something?) that he could do lots of offensive things with the Force like tear apart a pirate fleet but doesn't out of wariness of the dark side
- In plenty of instances Luke is described as opening himself to the Force more than he had in a long time/usually does, such as with black hole manipulation, which suggests that he doesn't always go fully unleashed
- Jaina notes in LotF that she only knows a fraction of Luke's power...and she's seen Luke storming Shimrra's palace.

So yeah, Luke army busted in TUF, so the showing in question clearly isn't reflective of an all-out one.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by The Ellimist
- Jaina notes in LotF that she only knows a fraction of Luke's power...and she's seen Luke storming Shimrra's palace.

So yeah, Luke army busted in TUF, so the showing in question clearly isn't reflective of an all-out one.
Do you have the quote for this? Luke's like my favorite Jedi lol.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Do you have the quote for this? Luke's like my favorite Jedi lol.

Ask Ant, he should have it.

Azronger
There have been people in SW who have soloed hundreds of Force wielders at once, yet none of those army busters would even register on Luke's radar. All-out Luke is going to be able to wreck a bit more powerful foes than no-name Jedi or Sith.

Darth Thor
Let me be the first to say it:

Palpatine

SunRazer
So Abeloth can solo what, Azronger? An army of DE Palaptine's?

Azronger
Originally posted by SunRazer
So Abeloth can solo what, Azronger? An army of DE Palaptine's?

Can she be cut off from the Force?

SunRazer
By Palpatine? No, lol.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Azronger
There have been people in SW who have soloed hundreds of Force wielders at once, yet none of those army busters would even register on Luke's radar. All-out Luke is going to be able to wreck a bit more powerful foes than no-name Jedi or Sith.

Wait, is this your argument?

GM Yoda
Valin Horn.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.