Darth Baras vs Satele Shan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SunRazer
Fight in their primes on neutral ground. No running away this time - only death can end it.

Nephthys
Baras, probably.

Jmanghan
Satele beats him.

SunRazer
Any reasons?

Jmanghan
Being a direct equal to Marr, who is canonically above Baras.

SunRazer
If that were so, he wouldn't be unable to tell whether or not Baras was the Voice, lol.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by SunRazer
If that were so, he wouldn't be unable to tell whether or not Baras was the Voice, lol. Power = Being able to tell that Baras was the voice? erm

Nephthys
If he could have kicked Baras' ass he would have. The Voice is supposed to have the Emperor's power, he ain't weaker than Baras, lol.

SunRazer
One of the Voice's most distinguishable traits is that it wields the power of the Emperor (it's in my Baras RT). Marr obviously wasn't capable of calling Baras' bluff - it stands to reason then that Baras was powerful enough to convince at least majority of the Dark Council (or present members, at least) that he was the Voice, otherwise they would've just ganged up on him to execute him for treason. Even if Marr did know inside that Baras wasn't the Voice, Marr obviously wasn't capable of appearing to wield the Emperor's power to most of the Dark Council.

Jmanghan
One of the Voice's most distinguishable traits is that it wields the power of the Emperor (it's in my Baras RT). Marr obviously wasn't capable of calling Baras' bluff - it stands to reason then that Baras was powerful enough to convince at least majority of the Dark Council (or present members, at least) that he was the Voice, otherwise they would've just ganged up on him to execute him for treason. Even if Marr did know inside that Baras wasn't the Voice, Marr obviously wasn't capable of appearing to wield the Emperor's power to most of the Dark Council. Marr and Satele have increased in power since the Vanilla game.

SunRazer
Indeed. That doesn't mean they're necessarily better than Baras now, though.

Ursumeles
Baras, yeah.

TenebrousWay
Not enough info to directly compare them. Baras being above Marr seems to be a bit of a stretch, though.

Satele being equal to Marr doesn't necessarily mean in a combative sense, tough.

darthbane77
Baras has dropped A LOT in my rankings since I beat the Warrior story a few days ago. I know his being level 12 is just a game mechanic, but it still kind of speaks to how weak he really is, that the Wrath is more far more powerful than he is so early on in the story. Satele decimates.

cs_zoltan
One of the Voice's most distinguishable traits is that it wields the power of the Emperor (it's in my Baras RT). Marr obviously wasn't capable of calling Baras' bluff - it stands to reason then that Baras was powerful enough to convince at least majority of the Dark Council (or present members, at least) that he was the Voice, otherwise they would've just ganged up on him to execute him for treason. Even if Marr did know inside that Baras wasn't the Voice, Marr obviously wasn't capable of appearing to wield the Emperor's power to most of the Dark Council.

Lmao, you can't be serious.

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
If he could have kicked Baras' ass he would have. The Voice is supposed to have the Emperor's power, he ain't weaker than Baras, lol.

It's been over a year since I played through, but I recal someone mentioning that Baras had other ways at keeping some dark council members in line like blackmail.

Originally posted by darthbane77
Baras has dropped A LOT in my rankings since I beat the Warrior story a few days ago. I know his being level 12 is just a game mechanic, but it still kind of speaks to how weak he really is, that the Wrath is more far more powerful than he is so early on in the story. Satele decimates.

facepalm

Ursumeles
Originally posted by ares834

facepalm
thumb up

Tondemonai
Not enough info on Satele to go off of to get a clear answer, but I'm going with her atm.

Geistalt
Marr = Satele > Baras

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.