Arcann vs Dooku [Force Only]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deronn_solo
Both at their respective peaks.

Who wins?

darthbane77
Arcann

Ursumeles
Did I gave you the Idea?

Dooku wins, btw smile

UCanShootMyNova
Arcann? Not sure actually. He's certainly the superior defensive Force user.

Nephthys
Arcann easily.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Did I gave you the Idea?

Maybe. :P

Tondemonai
Arcann

Petrus
Okay, what do you guys think it's Arcann's most impressive Force feat? Dooku's?

MythLord
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Dooku wins, btw smile

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Maybe. :P
wink

Azronger
Originally posted by Petrus
Okay, what do you guys think it's Arcann's most impressive Force feat? Dooku's?

Dooku's lightning requiring Yoda some effort to deflect and Tyranus deflecting his own are definitely his best.

His cruiser feat is also good.

I think it's close, but Dooku wins.

ares834
Pretty sure Arcann deflecting Valkorion's lighting shits all over Dooku deflecting his own.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ares834
Pretty sure Arcann deflecting Valkorion's lighting shits all over Dooku deflecting his own.

no that lightning was incredibly powerful did you see the veritable pebbles it chunked off a wall?????

ares834
Welp, you've convinced me. Dooku wins easily.

DarthDuelist9
Dooku, his cruiser feat destroys any of Arcann's.

Nephthys
They weren't real cruisers.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Nephthys
They weren't real cruisers.

Sure they were.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by ares834

The Ellimist
Valkorion was weakened.

Tondemonai
>Implying it's not still infinitely stronger than Dooku

The Ellimist
You have no idea how weakened Valkorion was...

Nephthys
Originally posted by Tondemonai
>Implying it's not still infinitely stronger than Dooku

MythLord
I mean, it killed a bunch of non-Force sensitive pilots!

Nephthys
I love the taste of PTard tears in the morning. smile

MythLord
And I hate the sight of TOR-enduced wank stains on a thread.

Yet here we are.

ChaosTheory123
Were the ships unshielded or something?

Because even then, seems pretty impressive to me the lightning still had the power to kill despite the current needing to travel through the ships first to get to them :hmm

And were the ships actually undamaged? Or did the lightning do something to them too?

Moot if the ships were shielded given how hilariously potent those things generally are *shrugs*

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123

Visually there was nothing to suggest they were. Also most of them were transport shuttles, not battleships.

And were the ships actually undamaged? Or did the lightning do something to them too?

They were totally unscratched.

Nephthys

Because even then, seems pretty impressive to me the lightning still had the power to kill despite the current needing to travel through the ships first to get to them :hmm

Moot if the ships were shielded given how hilariously potent those things generally are *shrugs*

It was in the middle of a battle, so it would be nuts to think they wouldn't be if they could be.

The outside looks undamaged but the consoles get fried along with the pilots.

Also note that Valkorion's lightning had to blast out of the side of a building and into the surrounding sky, and that it was merely the excess power from an attack on Arcann that was being blocked.

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Visually there was nothing to suggest they were. Also most of them were transport shuttles, not battleships.

Can't think of many times a shield looked visibly apparent outside of that one episode of TCW featuring that Spider Admiral

Not even when the ISD were traveling through that asteroid field in ESB

So I'm not sure that's the route to go with that one *shrugs*

Granted, my memory's hardly complete regarding this subject given I largely don't care too much about tech feats in SW

What's the context of the scene though? Is it a battle? Or just random ships?

And I wouldn't write off transport ships, even unshielded that shit's pretty durable

Durasteel hulls and all, right? Shit can take a pelting from elephant sized chunks of comet during TCW season 5 IIRC. Some 11-72 km/sec orbital velocity coupled with a mass well into the dozens of tons is some pretty sturdy shit for something no larger than a building

Shields on something that size would still protect from even greater force/energy

That said, you ****ers can hash out whether they were up or not *shrugs*

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Sure they were.
More like rusting pieces of metal.

And Arcann is above that showing anyways.

S_W_LeGenD
Transport shuttles are equipped with big guns?

Smugglers use military-grade stuff.

They were totally unscratched.
Doesn't matters.

They did not come across full brunt of Valkorion's FLS. Mere residual emissions downed them. And for that to happen, their defenses had to be compromised.

S_W_LeGenD
Can't think of many times a shield looked visibly apparent outside of that one episode of TCW featuring that Spider Admiral

Not even when the ISD were traveling through that asteroid field in ESB

So I'm not sure that's the route to go with that one *shrugs*

Granted, my memory's hardly complete regarding this subject given I largely don't care too much about tech feats in SW

What's the context of the scene though? Is it a battle? Or just random ships?

And I wouldn't write off transport ships, even unshielded that shit's pretty durable

Durasteel hulls and all, right? Shit can take a pelting from elephant sized chunks of comet during TCW season 5 IIRC. Some 11-72 km/sec orbital velocity coupled with a mass well into the dozens of tons is some pretty sturdy shit for something no larger than a building

Shields on something that size would still protect from even greater force/energy

That said, you ****ers can hash out whether they were up or not *shrugs*
You are right. Starships are generally durable. Specially large ones like that.

Asylum Port was a Smuggler's Den. And smugglers do not use normal Starships.

The context is that the Eternal Forces came to Asylum Port in search of the Outlander and his allies. The entire region became a battlefield after that.

Scores of starships mid-flight became collateral damage during the battle between Valkorion and Arcann. Starship flights stopped after that.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Sure they were.

No, they weren't. The author uses the term very loosely in the novel. Besides which these "cruisers" were small enough that one threatened to bisect the pair with it's wing. No real cruiser is that small.

Beniboybling
They were likely warships of considerable size.

Nephthys
Nope, the evidence suggests otherwise.

Beniboybling
And what evidence is that? The fact that the wings were low to the ground? The fact the author uses the term cruiser liberally?

Naturally you have something more substantial.

Nephthys
What more is needed? The author has been proven to use the term for small ships and the ships wings were low enough and small enough to threaten bisection. No cruiser sized ship would possess wings like that, it's an absurdity to even imagine. Only the first one is needed to cast serious doubt upon the feat and the second cements that the sizes of the ships in question were small.

Beniboybling
What more is needed? The author has been proven to use the term for small ships and the ships wings were low enough and small enough to threaten bisection. No cruiser sized ship would possess wings like that, it's an absurdity to even imagine. Only the first one is needed to cast serious doubt upon the feat and the second cements that the sizes of the ships in question were small. The fact that she has used the term to describe small vessels doesn't preclude using the term to describe large ones, and they are indeed described as massive so there is no need for speculation there.

And this logic regarding the wings assumes the structure of the vessels remains unchanged, when it's more likely they have become twisted and broken in various ways, or was not simply coming at them at an angle.

So yeah, your argument is insufficient.

Nephthys
Naturally, but it leaves us unable to verify how she was using the term in this case. That she has used the term cruisers to refer to small vessels and hasn't for actual cruisers is a decided point in my favor, however. This creates enough reasonable doubt to render the feat unarguable in your favor. It's unsubstantiable. And massive is a relative term, especially given the author's proven inaccuracy with descriptions.

I don't see how the wing could get so twisted and broken that it would conveniently hang down low enough and then straighten up horizontally to threaten bisection. Frankly I find that a ridiculously unlikely scenario that's an obvious made-up excuse. Were that the authors intention it would be noted given how unusual it is. Furthermore, it coming at them at an angle would simply support my theory of it being a small sized ship. An angle wouldn't be possible with a cruiser sized wing. It would be long enough to just hit the floor. It doesn't fit the description of bisection anyway. And obviously an actual cruiser win would be too thick to do the job.

Your highly biased, deliberately inaccurate opinion has been noted.

Beniboybling
Naturally, but it leaves us unable to verify how she was using the term in this case. That she has used the term cruisers to refer to small vessels and hasn't for actual cruisers is a decided point in my favor, however. This creates enough reasonable doubt to render the feat unarguable in your favor.Only if we were to base the feat off that phrase alone or even at all, but that's unnecessary.

To be specific the vessels are described as "huge", "hulking" and "giant" which relative to starship classes does not denote a fighter lmao.

The source doesn't say anything about bisection, just that it could "slice them to ribbons."

The only person making things up here is you.

What exactly? That the ships were "corroded", "wrecks", "decayed"?

Eh?

Lol, next time properly read the source material.

MythLord
Um, that whole "could slice them to ribbons" is referring to another vehicle entirely, lmao.

Beniboybling
Dooku manipulates several different vessels yeah.

Nephthys
Upupupu.

MythLord
Yup. The Cruiser "suddenly zooms" at Kenobi, after he notes another vehicle is approaching him which has a wing that can slice him to ribbons. So no, him manipulating a massive cruiser is still extremely likely.

It's not like we even need this feat to infer Tyranus' ability to throw around massive ships when we can scale from Kenobi, his Dark Jedi, K'kruhk, or padawan Annie.

Ziggystardust
Dooku wins.

Selenial
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Transport shuttles are equipped with big guns?

Smugglers use military-grade stuff.

What? Smuggler's ships are supposed to be fast, not durable and not packing a huge punch. That's why, despite running rings around the Mandalorian ships, the blockade at the Hydian Way was going to easily destroy the fleet of smuggling vessels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.