Henry Pym vs Forge

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

staxamillion
this is a Life Model Decoy exhibition match

Shield wants to contract Superpowered LMD's instead of soldiers they come to Forge and Ant-Man to make bids.

each gets 3 LMD's and a 1 year prep

each gets unlimited resources to create what they want

neither can interfere with the LMD's after match has started

no ultron/ assimilation tech allowed

Who gets all that S.H.I.E.L.D. money lol

riv6672
Pym.

Zack M
Pym.

Don Draper
Yea pym stomps.

staxamillion
IMO id give it to Forge.

He builds stuff basically by seeing (mechanical energy) all the parts available knows exactly how they work and what make them tick.

his powerset is basically intuition.
he can perceive even subconsciously potential functions and designs for technology he has already seen.

they could tell forge to build something that there isn't even science out for yet and he could do it just based on the fact he knows how things work but this isn't the exercise.

basically his superpower is to invent things. this wont be an easy match.

one could make the argument that Hank is more creative than forge but I don't think so.

personally I think forge takes since he has been making weapons for decades for the govt.

riv6672
His mutation doesnt make him better at this than Pym IMO.

leonidas
a year? i'll take forge.

Zack M
Isn't Forge kind of overrated? One of his weapons failed to take down Hulk. What has he done recently?

staxamillion
they made him insane for a longtime then he like engineered an new squad of mutants to defeat a new invasion from an alternate reality.

then cable psionically makes him believe that his mental illness is a machine so he could fix it.

he fixed his own mind/chemical imbalance

riv6672
Thats good; i dont think he'd win this, but i dont want him bat crap crazy.

staxamillion
scientists been going crazy ask Pym.

I do think Pym is better with robots and A.I. but I think Forge is better with weapons.

My thinking is that Forge could actually build anything that Pym could buy Pym couldn't do the same.

what does everyone think that Pym would weaponize his LMDs with

DarkSaint85
Forge's LMDs will be better; Pym's will be better for mass production.

Forge makes things by intuition, without knowing how they work. Which is gonna be pretty darn difficult of you then have to repeat the same things for mass production, without relying on a single filthy mutie.

Zack M
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Forge makes things by intuition, without knowing how they work. Which is gonna be pretty darn difficult of you then have to repeat the same things for mass production, without relying on a single filthy mutie.

Well, who do you think wins with prep?

staxamillion
forge can reverse engineer things after he's built them to figure it out. but that is a very interesting point I had not thought of

Sin I AM
Forge. I have a deep seated hatred for Pym

staxamillion

that's a good call because Forge sometimes cannot reverse engineer what he makes and can't reproduce it either.

with that being said I will assume that Forge wouldn't make anything crazy. which would give them the playing field of known laws of science and physics currently known to them.

Thing is Forge knows what SHIELD wants and wouldn't bring a prototype that be mass produced but if he did I wouldn't say it is implausible that he could invent a factory to fabricate his LMDs.

Zack M
Forge always seems limited, so I'll say Pym. Overall, greater genius.

riv6672

Except for Forge's being better, thats spot on. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.