Obi Wan Kenobi (RotS) vs. Darth Maul (SoD)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Let's do this.

1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-out

TenebrousWay
Maul
Kenobi
Kenobi

Sinious
1. Maul
2. Kenobi
3. Not sure tbh

DarthDuelist9
Maul in all.

The Ellimist
It should be noted that RotS Obi Wan >> TCW Obi Wan.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Maul in all. thumb up smileOriginally posted by The Ellimist
It should be noted that RotS Obi Wan >> TCW Obi Wan. Source?

Nephthys
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
Maul
Kenobi
Kenobi

Ziggystardust
ROTS Obi Wan stalemates in the first, and beats Maul 10/10 in the rest. Whether it be by virtue of skill or an heroic missteps from his opposition, Maul isn't stealing a single round from Kenobi.

Ursumeles
Maul
Kenobi
Dunno. Maul wins if he abuses his Force Advantage.

|King Joker|
Maul
Kenobi
Maul

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Beniboybling
thumb up smileSource?

You mean besides the part where in one he was a master of a form he didn't even use when he faced Dooku? You mean besides his clear rise in stature on the council and in the order in general? Mace specifically praises him for being the master of a style, when Kenobi was giving him props for inventing a form. You actually believe TCW Kenobi is the same level as ROTS Kenobi?

Beniboybling
lol

KuRuPT Thanosi
Maybe Maul (Anakin Force powers are beyond Maul's, and Kenobi stalemated him) I might give it to Maul though based on their showings against one another.

Sabers - Kenobi and easily

All out- Kenobi again, working for it, but decisive

The Ellimist
Originally posted by The Ellimist

Ursumeles
It should be noted that SoD Maul >> TCW Kenobi as well smile

Beniboybling
Again Elm, a source please, unless you think K-tard's response is adequate.

Ziggystardust
source please,

Star Wars.

The Ellimist
Again Elm, a source please, unless you think K-tard's response is adequate.

Dooku's reaction to him in the RotS novelization.

cs_zoltan
1. Maul maybe, because of the salt amp.
2. Kenobi pushes Maul's shit in.
3. Kenobi.

Darth Thor
1. Maul
2. Split
3. Kenobi (he usually keeps a cool head and manages to come out on top).

Beniboybling
Dooku's reaction to him in the RotS novelization. Retconned, naturally.

The Ellimist
Retconned, naturally.

How was it retconned? We know that Anakin grew immensely from TCW to RotS, so it isn't too outlandish to think Kenobi did as well; at the least, since the novelization makes it clear he had, there's no reason to believe otherwise.

The retcon here is that Dooku was referring to TCW -> RotS, not AotC -> RotS.

|King Joker|
Just because Anakin grew immensely doesn't mean Kenobi would have.

Beniboybling
How was it retconned? We know that Anakin grew immensely from TCW to RotS, so it isn't too outlandish to think Kenobi did as well; at the least, since the novelization makes it clear he had, there's no reason to believe otherwise.

The retcon here is that Dooku was referring to TCW -> RotS, not AotC -> RotS. Because in Canon he was not caught off-guard, having fought Kenobi prior. But then we can't mix continuities like that anyway, if your argument is predicated on doing that.

And Kenobi is not the Chosen One, so yes it's outlandish.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by |King Joker|

But it lends credibility to the novelization's point that Kenobi has, which stands on its own anyway.

The Ellimist
Because in Canon he was not caught off-guard, having fought Kenobi prior. But then we can't mix continuities like that anyway.

The RotS novelization exists in both.

It's outlandish that he improved over time?

In either case, it's not just my idea - it's Dooku's.

cs_zoltan

Sure, give a reason why Kenobi would've stagnated when they were literally doing the same thing.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Sure, give a reason why Kenobi would've stagnated when they were literally doing the same thing. Quote me saying Kenobi stagnated.

The Ellimist
Quote me saying Kenobi stagnated.

I didn't use Anakin's growth as proof that Kenobi had, lol.

cs_zoltan
Quote me saying Kenobi stagnated.

Your phrasing is shit, I thought you mean Kenobi didn't grow at all, not that he didn't grow immensely. In which case I agree, he can't replicate Anakin's learning curve, but he still improved.

Beniboybling
The RotS novelization exists in both.No it doesn't.
It's outlandish that he improved to the same or even similar degree to Anakin.

The Ellimist
No it doesn't.

It does. It's been confirmed as canon, and it was C canon under the EU, so it's still a part of Legends.

I don't think I said that (Anakin's improvement was simply legendary); but he did improve by enough for Dooku to notice.

Beniboybling
It does. It's been confirmed as canon, and it was C canon under the EU, so it's still a part of Legends.Del Rey has said its Canon where it aligns with the films i.e. anything that's not in the movie =/= Canon. That's not in the movie, so its not-canon.

From AotC to RotS. No shit.

cs_zoltan
Beni seriously thinks Kenobi didn't improve during the Outer Rim Sieges? Lmao!

The Ellimist
"Aligns with" likely means "not contradicted"; if it has to already be in the film, there would be no point in calling it canon or non-canon as it would add no new information.

Beniboybling
It doesn't, and I really don't know why people delude themselves into thinking otherwise.

But well done yeah, the novelisations are basically Legends.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Beni seriously thinks Kenobi didn't improve during the Outer Rim Sieges? Lmao! Originally posted by |King Joker|
Quote me Your really shit at reading Zoltan. smile

Dark-Kenshin
Kenobi takes all three. He's got "how to beat Maul" down to a blueprint that even a Padawan can follow with some success.

The Ellimist
It doesn't, and I really don't know why people delude themselves into thinking otherwise.

But well done yeah, the novelisations are basically Legends.

Lol, if your interpretation of "aligns" is, by your own admission, meaningless, then we should defer to mine, which makes sense.

Deronn_solo
1. Maul ragdolls like always.
2. Either way, maybe Kenobi.
3. Maul.

Beniboybling
Lol, if your interpretation of "aligns" is, by your own admission, meaningless, then we should defer to mine, which makes sense. You mean the dictionary definition.

No we shouldn't, because in Disney's official press release, on top of a statement from the Story Group have listed only the movies, the TV shows and content moving forwards as Canon. And the RotS novel isn't consistent with current continuity in the slightest.

cs_zoltan
Your really shit at reading Zoltan. smile

Source?

mmm

MythLord
Either way, or Maul.
Obi-Wan.
Obi-Wan.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by cs_zoltan mmm RotS Kenobi > TCW Kenobi, but there is no large margin.

Beniboybling
Also, Pablo Hidalgo seems to straight up say the novels are not Canon here:

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/705442511137873920

KuRuPT Thanosi
Dooku's reaction to him in the RotS novelization.

Which is also correct. It notes Kenobi hide his true form from Dooku at first, leading him to believe he still used Ataru. He didn't, he had become a master of Soresu. That along with Mace noting that he had become a master of his form. If he still used Ataru doing the clone wars but wasn't a master yet... how could he be equal to a Kenobi who HAD mastered a form? Odd logic from clownshoes

KuRuPT Thanosi
RotS Kenobi > TCW Kenobi, but there is no large margin.

Did you just say prove he grew in power. Or has the clownshoes in you subsided now?

Beniboybling
Lol sorry? I don't speak returd.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You said, prove he grew in power, but then you admit he did grow in power. So which is it? Hence the clownshoes comment. I thought it was rather apparent he grew in power kiddo

quanchi112
Lol sorry? I don't speak returd. Kt is really a lost cause. I've seen a pic of him as well so he even looks like a doofus.

Beniboybling
And clearly incapable of reading as well, yeah.

Trocity
Maul
Kenobi
Kenobi

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by quanchi112
Kt is really a lost cause. I've seen a pic of him as well so he even looks like a doofus.

Clownshoes, how do you even show your face on this site? You've been run off of this section of the forum numerous times now. It's truly pathetic. You're just mad I quoted numerous people calling you a moron and the worst debater on the site. I know those numerous quotes got to you, but the bleeding will stop eventually.

Darth Thor
Also, Pablo Hidalgo seems to straight up say the novels are not Canon here:

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/705442511137873920

Makes sense.

Further to what he said, TCW pretty much rendered the ROTS Novel's entire depiction of the Dooku vs Anakin and Obi-Wan fight as Non Canon years ago.

Beniboybling
And ripped a hole in its version of events in countless other ways.

Kurk
Maul
Kenobi
Maul

SunRazer
The RotS novel's take on the fight doesn't even remotely align with the film's depiction of it, so yeah, it's not Canon.

The Ellimist
@Beni seems like you're right.

Darth Thor
Fact is Kenobi fighting off both Maul and Opress in TCW still ranks amongst his greatest feats. Only defeating Mustafar Anakin might be a better feat.

So yeah this idea that ROTS Kenobi is >> TCW Kenobi is becoming more and more baseless in Canon.

I mean he likely improved, sure. But so had Maul by SOD.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Clownshoes, how do you even show your face on this site? You've been run off of this section of the forum numerous times now. It's truly pathetic. You're just mad I quoted numerous people calling you a moron and the worst debater on the site. I know those numerous quotes got to you, but the bleeding will stop eventually. You continue to lie and just make false statements. Your posts are usually eerily similar with the same repetitive insults.

You're all talk and no action. No one respects anything you've ever done and you look like a nerd with buck teeth. Ending your life is the only respectable option you have left.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by quanchi112
You continue to lie and just make false statements. Your posts are usually eerily similar with the same repetitive insults.

You're all talk and no action. No one respects anything you've ever done and you look like a nerd with buck teeth. Ending your life is the only respectable option you have left. bwahaha people laughed at your picture for months LOL. So much so, you refused to ever post it again LOL. You're short, ugly and dumb. You're basically the Trifecta of what you don't want to be as a human

KuRuPT Thanosi
Where in the clone wars was he called the master of soresu?

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
bwahaha people laughed at your picture for months LOL. So much so, you refused to ever post it again LOL. You're short, ugly and dumb. You're basically the Trifecta of what you don't want to be as a human False, you however have huge teeth that could tear through tree bark. You begged me for Thanos scans you geek. I look down at you.

UCanShootMyNova
Maul
Kenobi
Kenobi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.