Sidious's Lightning runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
These characters must try to deflect Sidious's full power but uncharged lightning without it breaking their defenses.

Round 1: lightsaber, RotS
Round 2: no lightsaber, RotS
Round 3: lightsaber, RotJ
Round 4: no lightsaber, RotJ
Round 5: lightsaber, DE
Round 6: no lightsaber, DE

Trash: Sirak
1. Darth Bane
2. Malgus
3. Dooku
4. Revan
5. Exar Kun
6. Vader
7. Caedus
8. Vitiate
9. Plagueis
10. EoTPM Sidious
11. Yoda
12. TFU Sidious
13. RotJ Sidious
14. Luke

Legends

Azronger
10, 12, 13 and 14 beat all rounds. Everyone else fails, every round.

Ursumeles
What is with 12? ^

Tondemonai
Too many rounds. Sirak should be boss wink

Azronger
Originally posted by Ursumeles
What is with 12? ^

?

Ursumeles
I meant 11.

Azronger
EoTPM Sidious > Yoda.

Ursumeles
LMAO.

Azronger
Masterful rebuttal.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Too many rounds. Sirak should be boss wink

Ursumeles
How is EoTPM Sidious better than the guy who (nearly-)statlemated RotS Sidious?

Azronger
Because there isn't that much of a gap between EoTPM and RotS, and Yoda has no way to actually kill him.

Ursumeles
In this therad they don't must kill Sidious, but defend themselves from him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Azronger
10, 12, 13 and 14 beat all rounds. Everyone else fails, every round.

Take off your Sids onezee for a moment. Yoda absolutely accomplishes the mission. He doesn't even need a saber. He already canonically overpowered it without one.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Because there isn't that much of a gap between EoTPM and RotS, and Yoda has no way to actually kill him.

Completely false. The highest form of Canon has Yoda overpowering Sids lighting. Lucas' script even notes "The emperor appears doomed" . Now I don't know about you, but doomed certainly implies he can kill him

GM Yoda
Stops at Yoda.

Azronger
In this therad they don't must kill Sidious, but defend themselves from him.

I never implied otherwise; my post was regarding EoTPM Sidious vs Yoda, which you dodged.

Azronger
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Take off your Sids onezee for a moment. Yoda absolutely accomplishes the mission. He doesn't even need a saber. He already canonically overpowered it without one.

He didn't overpower anything, lol. The novel states Yoda had reached the limits of his strength, which isn't contradicted in the movie. The only reason Sidious flew backwards is because of the explosion caused by the strain that also knocked Yoda backward. If they had been standing, let's say 20 meters apart, the only one who would be on his ass would be Yoda.

Jmanghan
Because there isn't that much of a gap between EoTPM and RotS, and Yoda has no way to actually kill him. There are ways you can actually argue that Yoda was winning in ROTS, but alright.

Despite Yoda's retarded opinion that he lost.

Jmanghan
He didn't overpower anything, lol. The novel states Yoda had reached the limits of his strength, which isn't contradicted in the movie. The only reason Sidious flew backwards is because of the explosion caused by the strain that also knocked Yoda backward. If they had been standing, let's say 20 meters apart, the only one who would be on his ass would be Yoda. The movie has Yoda CLEARLY push it back.

Azronger
Completely false. The highest form of Canon has Yoda overpowering Sids lighting. Lucas' script even notes "The emperor appears doomed" . Now I don't know about you, but doomed certainly implies he can kill him

Keyword in the script: seemed. And I just love your cherry-picking that left out the fact that Sidious did not even react to his Force lightning. It was an irritant to him at most. He just continued to pour more power into his lightning, which overwhelmed Yoda, knocking him down to the lower levels.

So how does Yoda kill him again?

S_W_LeGenD
Palpatine dies.

The Ellimist
Keyword in the script: seemed. And I just love your cherry-picking that left out the fact that Sidious did not even react to his Force lightning. It was an irritant to him at most. He just continued to pour more power into his lightning, which overwhelmed Yoda, knocking him down to the lower levels.

I'm confused. How does Yoda fail to protect himself against TPM - RotS Sidious's lightning? We clearly see him successfully do so without his lightsaber (it was blown out of his hands, but he clearly wasn't ready for it), let alone with it.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Totally false. That language in the novel has been explicitly RECTONNED. It clearly WASN'T beyond. This is clearly seen when he OVERPOWERS the lighting back at Sids. How could it be beyond him, when Sids was never able to regain control of the fight? The passage in the book is inadmissible. Nice try though.

Ursumeles
I never implied otherwise; my post was regarding EoTPM Sidious vs Yoda, which you dodged.
My question at the beginning was why EoTPM Sidious is succesful, but Yoda isn't.

GM Yoda
Totally false. That language in the novel has been explicitly RECTONNED. It clearly WASN'T beyond. This is clearly seen when he OVERPOWERS the lighting back at Sids. How could it be beyond him, when Sids was never able to regain control of the fight? The passage in the book is inadmissible. Nice try though. Absolutely.

Azronger
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I'm confused. How does Yoda fail to protect himself against TPM - RotS Sidious's lightning? We clearly see him successfully do so without his lightsaber (it was blown out of his hands, but he clearly wasn't ready for it), let alone with it.

He can protect against it for a short time, but the strain will cause the explosion and he'll be overwhelmed.

Azronger
My question at the beginning was why EoTPM Sidious is succesful, but Yoda isn't.

Because EoTPM Sidious is close to his RotS incarnation, who was tanking his own Force lightning like it was nothing. Yoda had great difficulty with it.

The Ellimist
He can protect against it for a short time, but the strain will cause the explosion and he'll be overwhelmed.

The explosion knocked back Sidious too; in fact, Yoda appeared to be pushing his way forward.

Azronger
The explosion knocked back Sidious too; in fact, Yoda appeared to be pushing his way forward.

Hm, well, alright. But I still maintain my stance on EoTPM Sidious > Yoda.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The explosion knocked back Sidious too; in fact, Yoda appeared to be pushing his way forward. he didn't "appear" to be, he was. The script confirms said push and overpowering when he says the emperor appears doomed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Hm, well, alright. But I still maintain my stance on EoTPM Sidious > Yoda. that is your sids onezee you have on talking , not reality.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Because EoTPM Sidious is close to his RotS incarnation, who was tanking his own Force lightning like it was nothing. Yoda had great difficulty with it. are you legally blind or simply blinded by bias? Maybe the onezee is cutting of circulation to the brain. He wasn't "tanking it like nothing" ... he had an expression on his face as Yoda overpowered it back to Sids of... oh **** I'm in trouble. While Yoda had the look of... time to buckle down and **** him up. Like nothing LMAO Jesus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.