Did Vader enter Oneness when he threw Palpatine down the shaft?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Azronger
I have heard this is stated or implied in The Unifying Force. Quote?

Dark-Kenshin
Absolutely not. GL just doesn't envision these characters as being anywhere near as powerful as versus forum fans do. Same reason Luke got away from Vader in ESB merely by hopping off the platform he was in. The question is why Vader didn't use TK to stop him from falling.

Deronn_solo
Why would he need Oneness to throw someone down a shaft? Sheev died to a normally powered Vader.

lmao.

Petrus
Uh, no he did not enter Oneness?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Another silly thread. Did Yoda enter oneness when he TK'd Sids across the room? Did he enter it when he disarmed him in direct saber combat? How about when he started to overpower Sids lighting? Did Mace enter oneness when disarmed Sids in direct saber combat? The Sids fanboys are really something these days.

Azronger
Does every member here have comprehension problems? I asked for a quote, that I have heard exists from Nova and Wollf, for ****'s sake. Why people are going on about George Lucas or spewing retarded nonsense is beyond me. If you have information regarding the quote, feel free to post. If not, go somewhete else.

Deronn_solo
Why are you so salty? As far as I'm concerned it's one of those urban myths as people have been spewing it for years now, but no one has ever mustered up the quote.

You can always check the book out yourself---no need to get butthurt over something so trivial, lmao.

The Ellimist
^ you're the one who gave an unnecessarily incredulous reply.

Deronn_solo
And I wasn't angry or anything of the like, lal.

Azronger
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Why are you so salty? As far as I'm concerned it's one of those urban myths as people have been spewing it for years now, but no one has ever mustered up the quote.

You can always check the book out yourself---no need to get butthurt over something so trivial, lmao.

Because I'm tired of people who are genuinely stupid (not referring to you, necessarily). I'm constantly surrounded by such people in real life. It gets tiring.

I'm not going to go hunting for a single quote. As I said, if you don't have information regarding it, don't post something completely unrelated.

The Ellimist
And I wasn't angry or anything of the like, lal.

No, you were just being a moron, so nothing new I guess.

Deronn_solo
It's kewl Az, sorry for semi-trolling your thread, hehe. smile

Originally posted by The Ellimist
No, you were just being a moron, so nothing new I guess.

Like you're the one to talk? At least I haven't been banned billions of times for being a moron, lmao.

Dark-Kenshin
Originally posted by Azronger
Does every member here have comprehension problems? I asked for a quote You did, but the thread title gives the indication that you wanted some discussion on the matter. Had this thread been titled as "Is there a quote indicating that Vader entered oneness while throwing Palpatine down the shaft", I'm sure we'd we'd all be on the same page. Just sayin'.

Azronger
If I wanted discussion, I would have labeled the thread differently. This is not a thread about whether it was PIS or a legit feat for Vader - that's a thread for another time.

Deronn_solo
Looking through the novel now; I word searched "Vader" and "Oneness" and I'm coming up with nothing so far.

Perhaps I should try Anakin instead....

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dark-Kenshin
Absolutely not. GL just doesn't envision these characters as being anywhere near as powerful as versus forum fans do. Same reason Luke got away from Vader in ESB merely by hopping off the platform he was in. The question is why Vader didn't use TK to stop him from falling. Correct. Fanboys and their characters become different beings altogether. They only see what they want to see conveniently ignoring facts when it doesn't fit into their narrative.

Deronn_solo
Perhaps, this is the implication? It doesn't mention when Anakin used Oneness however, but it has to allude to his killing of Palpatine, I think.

The Ellimist
I don't think it's implausible that Anakin could enter Oneness in the moment that balanced the Force, .i.e. one of the most important in the mythos.

quanchi112
Implausible no but unless someone can back a claim it's just speculation. Being concrete is what matters in backing any claim not random hyperbole used to fit someone's bias or own personal narrative.

EmperorSidious2
No

Darth Abonis
Maybe

SunRazer
It's only a possibility, not a fact. And yes, it's the part about Jacen musing that his grandfather had done the same (enter Oneness).

Azronger
Perhaps, this is the implication? It doesn't mention when Anakin used Oneness however, but it has to allude to his killing of Palpatine, I think.

Yeah, it doesn't mention Anakin entering Oneness at that specific moment. So there isn't concrete proof.

But thanks anyway.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I don't think it's implausible that Anakin could enter Oneness in the moment that balanced the Force, .i.e. one of the most important in the mythos.
mmm

Freedon Nadd
Azronger is called stupid and biased.
Ironic.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
mmm

Imma start bumping threads where you mock Anakin wank and question the Malak quote smile

Freedon Nadd
Anakin deserves the mock, though.

Darth Abonis
No not Oneness at all

Freedon Nadd
I think I know Az's plan. He wants to $uck Sheevy's to maximum.

Zentrex
It seems that everybody here agrees that there's no quote nor confirmation of this happening, but I would say that it would be likely. It just makes thematic sense to me.

Some people here are trying to play it up as if it's about the power of Palpatine, and how Anakin would have had to be in a moment of Oneness in order to defeat Palpatine, but that's not necessary. It's possible that Vader could have defeated Palpatine even if he wasn't in the moment of Oneness, but he WAS in a state of oneness when he fulfilled his prophecy as the embodiment of the Will of the Force in the physical world.

Kurk
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
I think I know Az's plan. He wants to $uck Sheevy's to maximum. Maybe he would like that hentai I sent you shifty

JMANGO
Looks like oneness to me. Vader was even glowing when carrying Palpatine to the shaft.

Freedon Nadd
Because of Sheevy's lightning?

Zentrex
You can't tell if he was glowing or not because he was inside his suit, which covered all visible flesh. And it's possible to use force light without actually being in a state of oneness. And his skeleton was showing, and he looked as f he were glowing blue because of Palpatine's lightning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.