Canon Dooku runs the Legends sabers gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Run 1: TCW
Run 2: ROTS

Trash: Darth Bane

1. Darth Malak
2. Darth Malgus
3. Starkiller
4. Ulic Qel Droma
5. Jaina Solo
6. Darth Krayt
7. Darth Caedus

Boss: FOTJ Luke Skywalker

Where does he stop

carthage
U

Kurk
Canon?

TCW and RotS Dooku aren't that different in sabers IMO

Possibly down at Malgus

SunRazer
6, probably.

carthage
What about TCW Dooku?

SunRazer
Is there a reason to believe that there's much difference between the two incarnations in Canon? I mean, the only reason I can see to suggest that there's a difference between them is that Dooku performed even better against Anakin in RotS than in S4 TCW, and we know that Anakin grew vastly in power in between. He was also even with Anakin at the start of TCW. Which, granted, is quite a convincing reason, actually, but I'm unsure if that's because they both grew drastically or if it's just TCW's stupidity.

If he gets rest, he probably makes it to 6 either way. And perhaps a slight chance that he makes it to 7.

Deronn_solo
Dead at 6.

Ursumeles
5-7

The Ellimist
Originally posted by SunRazer
Is there a reason to believe that there's much difference between the two incarnations in Canon? I mean, the only reason I can see to suggest that there's a difference between them is that Dooku performed even better against Anakin in RotS than in S4 TCW, and we know that Anakin grew vastly in power in between. He was also even with Anakin at the start of TCW. Which, granted, is quite a convincing reason, actually, but I'm unsure if that's because they both grew drastically or if it's just TCW's stupidity.

If he gets rest, he probably makes it to 6 either way. And perhaps a slight chance that he makes it to 7.

Legends characters are generally more powerful due to having more extraordinary feats, particularly if Stover's novel isn't canon.

Zenwolf
There's also more supplement material to draw from, which you can then scale to the Legends characters along with their feats that they show.

DarthAnt66
Anakin dominated Dooku in the film. No clue what you're talking about Nova.

SunRazer
At the end, yeah.

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Legends characters are generally more powerful due to having more extraordinary feats, particularly if Stover's novel isn't canon.

I know. This is Canon only, though. I'm comparing Canon TCW Dooku to Canon RotS Dooku.

Nephthys
Originally posted by SunRazer
At the end, yeah.

big grin

MythLord
Run 1: Krayt.
Run 2: Caedus.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by MythLord
Run 1: Krayt.
Run 2: Caedus.

This.

Deronn_solo
Dooku isn't beating Krayt for any kind of majority, lal.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Dooku isn't beating Krayt for any kind of majority, lal.

What has Krayt done to be superior to Dooku as a lightsaber combatant?

Deronn_solo
Besides being far more powerful in the Force, which, as the Darth Bane trilogy showed us, plays a big part in lightsaber duels: giving Obi-Wan a legit battle literally centuries before "perfected" his CQC skills and strength in the Force to a ludicrous degree, holding an edge over Cade Skywalker (who himself has Obi-Wan level skill showings) in his Vong state, blitzing and wrecking four of the best Imperial Guards in the galaxy while in a tremendously weakened state, again, thanks to the Vong transplants, etc.

Dooku's showing look better on paper, but using scaling and applying context and reason, it's pretty obvious Krayt is superior all around.

Nephthys
Canon Dooku lacks speed feats and is likely no faster than a normal human. Loses all rounds.

UCanShootMyNova
5-6.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.