Jim Hammond Vs Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

namorsubby
Discuss.

riv6672
Hammond has a shot. Not sure how good a shot, as i'm also not sure of the context here.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/53737/1007209-sentry_gets_pwned.jpg

namorsubby
Got the idea from their encounter in squadron supreme #3
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/namorsubby/original%20human%20torch/Squadron%20Supreme%202015-%20003-014.jpg

Hammonds radiiactive flame seemed to have a lasting effect from just one blast. Hyperion was suckered though and with how powerful he is its hard to not see him finishing this fast with a blow or possibly his beam. Someone told me its heat vision though...if so hard to see it affecting Hammond...possibly even amp his flame. Theres alot to consider.

krisblaze
Hammond looked really strong in Remender's secret avengers.

Took a few solid hits from Captain Britain iirc.

Look at the tackle he's taking here;

http://s799.photobucket.com/user/llagrok/media/Captain%20Britain%20respect%20thread/Fights/vsHH3.jpg.html

http://s799.photobucket.com/user/llagrok/media/Captain%20Britain%20respect%20thread/Fights/vsHH4.jpg.html

riv6672
Nice scan, great take on how the fight might go either way.
Hope you get better feedback than my "i dunno"!

For the record i'd root for Hammond to kick his butt.

namorsubby
Originally posted by riv6672
Nice scan, great take on how the fight might go either way.
Hope you get better feedback than my "i dunno"!

For the record i'd root for Hammond to kick his butt. thanks.

This is a tricky one. Of course im also rooting for the Torch. My profile pic/sig probably gave it away already tbh...

namorsubby
Originally posted by krisblaze
Hammond looked really strong in Remender's secret avengers.

Took a few solid hits from Captain Britain iirc.

Look at the tackle he's taking here;

http://s799.photobucket.com/user/llagrok/media/Captain%20Britain%20respect%20thread/Fights/vsHH3.jpg.html

http://s799.photobucket.com/user/llagrok/media/Captain%20Britain%20respect%20thread/Fights/vsHH4.jpg.html didnt seem hurt at all and totally Fd Cap up afterwards too I remember. Hes taken some blows from namor more than a few times as well, but has lower durability showings. Thors lightning strike killed him in avengers/invaders(not suprising), Wonderman suckered him, but Koed him in AVI #2.

Think his best bet would be going nova fast before Hyperion can get ahold of him.

krisblaze
Yeah, though I've gotten the impression that he could certainly take one or two hits.

riv6672
Originally posted by namorsubby
thanks.

This is a tricky one. Of course im also rooting for the Torch. My profile pic/sig probably gave it away already tbh...
Never noticed. wink

tkitna
Lets quit kidding ourselves. Hyperion destroys Hammond.

carver9
Originally posted by tkitna
Lets quit kidding ourselves. Hyperion destroys Hammond.

Basically.

namorsubby
Why? In their only encounter he was shown to be adversely affected by his flame. Not that he lacks the strength to KO him but hes fought with namor frequently and Namor was doing fine against him before the "heat vision"....which wouldnt affect Hammond if its actually heat vision.

riv6672
^^^Exactly.
at least you put some effort in making your call, which goes a long way. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
which wouldnt affect Hammond if its actually heat vision.

All Hyperions use atomic vision.

Sin I AM
Why? In their only encounter he was shown to be adversely affected by his flame. Not that he lacks the strength to KO him but hes fought with namor frequently and Namor was doing fine against him before the "heat vision"....which wouldnt affect Hammond if its actually heat vision.

Didnt jim struggle with a holding back Ikaris? His powers are different than hypes but i kinda see it going the same way

riv6672
So...the posted scene where he affects the character in the versus isnt as telling as a scene where he struggles with a character with a different power set?
Or are we trying for a middle ground?

Genii96
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Didnt jim struggle with a holding back Ikaris? His powers are different than hypes but i kinda see it going the same way

Iirc he wear actually rusty after going sibling without fighting during that time. Also he was actually secretly spreading radiation in that fight.

Sin I AM
So...the posted scene where he affects the character in the versus isnt as telling as a scene where he struggles with a character with a different power set?
Or are we trying for a middle ground?

Isnt hyperion just a alternate reality eternal?

leonidas
regardless of how you think this goes this was good info about hammond. didn't realize he'd been brought back and was getting some luv. thumb up

krisblaze
Always loved Hammond.

I honestly think he goes down hard here. Iirc he had a buff against Captain Britain.

At any rate it's good to see him in some threads.

leonidas
i don't know enough about him to comment on the thread, but yeah--it is kinda cool someone tried doing something with him. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
OHT is sure more interesting than F4 HT.

krisblaze
And Wolverine.

Galan007
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
OHT is sure more interesting than F4 HT. thumb up

Johnny was a hipster piece of shit... Before hipster pieces of shit were even a thing.

Jim is the Alan Scott to Johnny's Sodam Yat. thumb up

riv6672
Wolvie's awesome.

namorsubby
Didnt jim struggle with a holding back Ikaris? His powers are different than hypes but i kinda see it going the same way hyperion seems to have some weakness against oht though. Maybe because hes "atomically powered" due to his "atomic vision", which I just learned about from carver9?

Oht's flame is atomic and he can absorb atomic heat as well as heat/flame etc. All I saw of their recent encounter is hyperion adversely affected by one blast of jims flame. Dont know what that entails but i do know alot of writers have brought back one of my all time favorite characters as a powerhouse in their depiction on panel which fills me with unexplainable joy. Not even sure what my point is here but I like jim hammond....as a friend. Wait...what?

Jim hammond ftw.

StiltmanFTW
I'M NOT CARVER9

BAN YOURSELF, SUBBY

namorsubby
Did i say carver9? I meant....carver9...but was wrong.

Apparently the sabe test i took in 12th grade alternative school over estimated my reading comprehension skills...does that even apply? Idk at this point.

Hi stiltguy

namorsubby
Is watching dragon ball super in japanese with english subs as cool as it is to me for you guys who obviously watch dragon ball super?

riv6672
I hate all Dragon Ball.

Sin I AM
Is watching dragon ball super in japanese with english subs as cool as it is to me for you guys who obviously watch dragon ball super?

It depends. The only show o like watchin in subs is Death Note

zopzop
I hate all Dragon Ball.
thumb up

My respect for you as a poster has increased immensely!

riv6672
^^^Right back at you!!!!

Faceless808
The only show o like watchin in subs is Death Note

I love Death Note!! thumb up thumb up thumb up

riv6672
Space Dandy or GTFO.

carver9
Hammond recently demonstrated more power than Thanos. He still losses though.

riv6672
Haha, ok.

krisblaze
I can't believe Carver has DS on ignore.

That's like the one friend he has.

riv6672

Oh shit, i didnt notice that. confused

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by leonidas
i don't know enough to comment on any the thread, but yeah--it is kinda cool someone tried doing something with him. thumb up
Fixed

carver9

You all consider each other friends here? That's a pretty deep word that is being thrown around.

krisblaze
Originally posted by carver9
You all consider each other friends here? That's a pretty deep word that is being thrown around.

Yeah, high social trust means I don't have to worry about getting gunned down at KFC.

That's why I have a lot of friends of no enemies thumb up

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
Hammond recently demonstrated more power than Thanos. He still losses though.
When? Scan?

namorsubby
Originally posted by zopzop
When? Scan? What he said. Aw screw it Ill find it.

DarkSaint85
Oh shit, i didnt notice that. confused

Nor i sad

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nor i sad
I wouldnt sweat it.
Its not like he's NOT reading your posts.
He's just making himself go through an extra step to read them. stick out tongue

namorsubby
What he said. Aw screw it Ill find it. I didnt find it...

Only appeareances Ive seen from hammond is the supreme squadron issues since all new invaders and secret avengers.

carver9
Thanos was recently locked up by the Avengers and couldn't escape. IIRC, another prisoner helped him escape off of sheer power alone.

DarkSaint85
That wasn't HAmmond...

riv6672
^^^He read that. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.