How can you champion Bane and lowball Sidious?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Since my previous thread got closed because apparently "wanker" is a bad word, let me rephrase my question.

Here's a case study:

A certain supporter of the Bane era claimed that Darth Zannah could defeat Revan.

That same supporter then claimed that Revan could defeat or match Plagueis.

How is this possible? The fact that Bane is the weakest of the line is explicitly stated in at least two Legends sources, so Plagueis has to be more powerful by thirty successive power creeps. And we know that these have to be substantial enough for a significant portion to have been the apprentice beating the master in single combat before their primes, and then seemingly growing more powerful on their master's deaths (as Plagueis and Sidious did). Then Plagueis breaks beyond that by manipulating his own midichlorians and shifting the balance of the Force.

There's a logical disconnect between saying that Bane is a Vader/near-Vader tier combatant, but that Sidious would lose to novel Vitiate or something.

MythLord
That one person also thinks RoT Bane is > Plagueis, and he thinks Zannah is > Darth Revan specifically, IIRC so...

ILS
who

Ziggystardust
Originally posted by ILS
who?

Who is this individual?

Nephthys
It amuses me that Ellimist is either so ignorant as to be genuinely perplexed by this, or is otherwise so petty as to think he can bait me with something like this.

ILS
It is a good question, though.

Zannah > Revan ~ Plagueis > Zannah > .....

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Nephthys
It amuses me that Ellimist is either so ignorant as to be genuinely perplexed by this, or is otherwise so petty as to think he can bait me with something like this.

How about you provide your reasoning rather than accusing people of "baiting" you by pointing out contradictions in your logic (gasp)?

Do you just pretend the sources which state Bane is the weakest of his line don't exist? You realize that this was Bane's whole intention, right? Drew said it himself, when he clarified that Zannah had indeed beaten him, and wasn't being possessed or something.

Beniboybling
I don't acknowledge evidence that contradicts my point of view.

Nephthys
https://media.tenor.co/images/49a7adb6cb21904594c9c696d0b3fd6a/raw

You've been spamming this line for a while now. You'd think you'd learn its not gonna work.

Beniboybling
I'm just answering the OP by stating the facts Neph.

The Ellimist
How about you actually present an argument, instead of posting an Obama gif?

Nephthys
I just don't feel like it. And it amuses me to deny you.

I'm under no obligation to debate you. So go bother someone else.

Selenial
Originally posted by ILS
It is a good question, though.

Zannah > Revan ~ Plagueis > Zannah > .....

The real question with a limitless chain like that is whether Zannah is infinitely powerful or just infinitely shit smile

Nephthys
Zannah didn't even beat Bane, lol. She lost the battle of wills, which is why "her" hand is clenching at the end. Bane supplemented his own order and traveled down the entire line until a tr8r threw him down a shaft.

Its a really tragic story.

The Ellimist
I just don't feel like it.

Yeah, we all know the real reason. thumb up

But nice job selectively applying your moral outrage over trolling.

Nephthys
It's only natural that if someone badly wants you to do something, you're not gonna just to spite them.

That's the essence of humanity.

The Ellimist
tbh I often try to do this because I feel bad for you that Tempest picks on you so much, so I want to give you the chance to actually defend yourself, seeing as how almost everyone here thinks you're a sh*t debater and avoids engaging with you.

But I guess you see people wanting to actually engage in a logical debate as "baiting".

Solar Power
I find it funny that Elm made this thread, and is both a loyal Sheevite and a hardcore Bane Dies advocate.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Solar Power
I find it funny that Elm made this thread, and is both a loyal Sheevite and a hardcore Bane Dies advocate.

Since Sidious >>>>...>>> Bane, that hardly is a contradiction like the reverse position is.

Solar Power
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Since Sidious >>>>...>>> Bane, that hardly is a contradiction like the reverse position is.

But isn't wanking Bane just ultimately wanking Sidious? I'd think you'd want to take all that you can get smile .

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Solar Power
But isn't wanking Bane just ultimately wanking Sidious? I'd think you'd want to take all that you can get smile .

Yes, but I feel like giving up Bane Dies isn't worth it as Sidious's supremacy is already pretty obvious. smile

UCanShootMyNova
You can't. smile

Badabing
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Since my previous thread got closed because apparently "wanker" is a bad word, let me rephrase my question.

Here's a case study:

A certain supporter of the Bane era claimed that Darth Zannah could defeat Revan.

That same supporter then claimed that Revan could defeat or match Plagueis.

How is this possible? The fact that Bane is the weakest of the line is explicitly stated in at least two Legends sources, so Plagueis has to be more powerful by thirty successive power creeps. And we know that these have to be substantial enough for a significant portion to have been the apprentice beating the master in single combat before their primes, and then seemingly growing more powerful on their master's deaths (as Plagueis and Sidious did). Then Plagueis breaks beyond that by manipulating his own midichlorians and shifting the balance of the Force.

There's a logical disconnect between saying that Bane is a Vader/near-Vader tier combatant, but that Sidious would lose to novel Vitiate or something. Are you being obtuse on purpose, or just trolling? Wanker is a negative description, just as fanboy is negative. The fact that your goofy threads are usually an attack, or bait, for a named or unnamed poster makes things worse. Plus the fact that your threads usually come to a conclusion in the OP and leaves nothing to debate in your mind makes it even worse. So let me make this very cleat for you. Your The Ellimist account was suspect since you started posting. Your troll and bait threads make the account more suspicious. You have been banned 3 times over the last 7 months due to your trolling and baiting. How much patience do you think I have left for your behavior? Closed, and consider yourself warned. Take your issues to another board.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.