Canon combatants <<<<< Legends combatants, right?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
I think we just assume that there's some sort of continuity between the two universes that modulates their power; for example, we assume that canon Maul is greater than Legends Qui-Gon because we conflate the two canons in our heads.

But, there are essentially two ways for Canon to compare with Legends in feats (since powerscaling between them doesn't work, as they're separate story-lines), now that Stover's novel apparently isn't canon: those Vader comics and Kylo Ren deflecting lightsaber strikes. Well, maybe Qui Gon and Obi Wan's Force speed, and Anakin's fall in AotC.

But beyond that, Canon Sidious probably loses to Galen Marek. I mean, it's not like Canon Sidious is the same Legends Sidious that mind-controlled Byss, mind-fugged Coruscant, or tore apart fleets.

Thoughts?

Ziggystardust
Legends takes canon into consideration.

UCanShootMyNova
For the most part. In regards to the category of speed it depends on calcs for blaster speeds tbh and your placement of Kanan.

|King Joker|
I feel like it's only a matter of time before canon gets into the same feats realm that Legends was in.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I feel like it's only a matter of time before canon gets into the same feats realm that Legends was in.

In some cases it already has, Obi-Wan lifting up giant ships alongside a 13 year old Anakin, Vader partially lifting up a Walker, 5th Brother and 7th Sister holding back the Phantom, ...

|King Joker|
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
In some cases it already has, Obi-Wan lifting up giant ships alongside a 13 year old Anakin, Vader partially lifting up a Walker, 5th Brother and 7th Sister holding back the Phantom, ... Yeah, but I meant more when it comes to things like speed and general Force augmentation.

ILS
Legends is shit that could have happened, canon is what definitely happened. In that sense, one legend is as good as the next as far as validity is concerned. The easiest way to look at it, for me, is to say "yes, if you believe that then X ____ Y."

UCanShootMyNova
Kanan has already blocked hundreds of blaster bolts.

Azronger
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I think we just assume that there's some sort of continuity between the two universes that modulates their power; for example, we assume that canon Maul is greater than Legends Qui-Gon because we conflate the two canons in our heads.

But, there are essentially two ways for Canon to compare with Legends in feats (since powerscaling between them doesn't work, as they're separate story-lines), now that Stover's novel apparently isn't canon: those Vader comics and Kylo Ren deflecting lightsaber strikes. Well, maybe Qui Gon and Obi Wan's Force speed, and Anakin's fall in AotC.

But beyond that, Canon Sidious probably loses to Galen Marek. I mean, it's not like Canon Sidious is the same Legends Sidious that mind-controlled Byss, mind-fugged Coruscant, or tore apart fleets.

Thoughts?

I just give Canon feats to Legends characters, unless they conflict.

And Galen isn't beating Canon Sidious, lmfao. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/americanspeeddemon/blog/canon-darth-sidious-respect-thread/127948/

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Azronger

And Galen isn't beating Canon Sidious, lmfao. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/americanspeeddemon/blog/canon-darth-sidious-respect-thread/127948/

None of that is comparable to the upper-tier feats in TFU series (one-shotting hundreds of soldiers, exploding AT-ATs, and obviously the frigate feat). Much of it is powerscaling from other canon characters who have similarly feeble showings.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Azronger

Canon Sidious? Why not?

The Ellimist
up

darthbane77
Yeah, Legends characters just seem to be on average more powerful than their Canon counterparts, but there are a few rare exceptions where a Canon character is superior to a Legends character. Honestly though, I think the only character that's been kept relatively consistent is Vader.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by darthbane77
Yeah, Legends characters just seem to be on average more powerful than their Canon counterparts, but there are a few rare exceptions where a Canon character is superior to a Legends character. Honestly though, I think the only character that's been kept relatively consistent is Vader.

Pretty much, the baseline is also far greater too.

Beniboybling
No, not necessarily at all. And Canon Sids would put Marek into a dustbin.

Freedon Nadd
According to Sheevites, canon&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Legends

Haschwalth
It's not like Legends characters clear armies, while canon characters fall to 30 men.
There is so many inconsistances, Power/speed/feats Legends murk canon. there is no equivalence.

Haschwalth
And Legends Marek destroys canon Sidious FYI.

Notasockortroll
Originally posted by Haschwalth
And Legends Marek gets destroyed by canon Adi Gallia FYI.
thumb up

Zentrex
The only reason it seems like canon character may be weaker than legends characters is because not enough material is out that shows how powerful some characters are. And Legends did show some pretty crazy feats, which, since they are no longer canon, make the power they showed questionable. I guess there is the aspect of the legends continuity being the Legends WITHIN the star wars universe, so maybe the characters are still capable of those feats, but there's no way to know. At this point the safest assumption would be that Canon characters are weaker, but I suppose time will tell.

Naugrim
Originally posted by Beniboybling
No, not necessarily at all. And Canon Sids would put Marek into a dustbin.

I challenge you to debate me on that friend.

Zentrex
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
In some cases it already has, Obi-Wan lifting up giant ships alongside a 13 year old Anakin, Vader partially lifting up a Walker, 5th Brother and 7th Sister holding back the Phantom, ...

Well, you know, I just had a revelation. It's possible that Canon has introduced powers more powerful than most legends characters.

God-like characters are mostly shared between Canon and Legends. The Ones are powerful enough to destroy the universe in both continuities, and it's ambigious how long it would take. The Bedlam spirits and the Wutzek, and the World Razor, Sel-Makor, The Darker, The Entity, and so on only exist in the Legends universe, but The Force Priestesses, and Bendu, and likely more in the future are only Canon.

And as far as non-godlike characters go, feats are comparable. While nothing matches Grand Master Luke's feats, or similarly overpowered ones, I think the force bonds and projection we see in the Last Jedi is comparable to Legends-level powers.

So, in the Original Trilogy we're told that it's possible to lift giant things with the force because size doesn't matter in the Force. But it's still more difficult to lift objects which are larger. Why? Well, in order to lift something using the force, (it's implied by Yoda in Empire strikes back but states it directly in the canon novel Weapon of a Jedi), one must feel the force around them and the object they wish the move, and "swim" through the force and become the force, which the object is part of. Then, it's as simple as moving a part of your body, since all things are bound together by the force, like your body is bound to your mind. Which is also why becoming One with Force causes you to become so powerful. You are connected to all things, and are all living things embodied now. It would also explain why being completely one with the force means you can no longer affect the physical world, because you are no longer connected to the physical world in any way, just the essense of life. But that's retconned in both the legends and new new canon, so whatever, I guess. But I haven't answered the question of why it's harder to lift bigger things yet. So, if you have to wrap your focus around an entire object in order to lift it, you have to feel the force all around it and you. If the object is small, like a stone, then you can focus on the force around it easily. If the object is the size of an X-Wing, it takes considerably more practice and concentration and meditation. This also explains why it's harder to move things which are farther away. You have to sense the force that surrounds something WAY far away, yourself, thereby making you need to focus on the force between you and that object, so it would be much harder to lift something up that's several meters away, than something that's only inches away. This is why Vader strangling Ozzel from so far away is an incredible display of power, which it has been acknowledged as being in many books. He can reach so far through the force that he can kill people which are far enough away from him that they can't be seen through the naked eye. And Sidious strangling Count Dooku from half-way across the galaxy in TCW is even more impressive. So basically, when using the force, size and distance matter, but weight doesn't. So, lifting a cotton ball which spans 10 feet by 10 feet would be just as difficult as lifting a lead block that's 10 feet by 10 feet. And a tiny piece of a neutron star would be just as easy to lift as a rock that same size, regardless of density.

So when Luke creates that projection from Achch-To to Crait, it spans LIGHTYEARS. If he can effectively become so in tune with the force that he can do that, he should be able to concentrate on the force around Dreadnaughts no problem. He should be ripping them out of the Sky. And that's not even the end of it. Snoke creates that bond between Rey and Kylo. This bond requires the kind of energy which would kill Rey. It's also a strong enough bond to teleport actual matter (when Kylo touches the rainwater from Ahch-to), make Kylo and Rey forget their actual surroundings (When Rey fires that blaster off in the hut), and make them see the surroundings of the others (the Ben Swolo scene). It's also powerful enough to make them touch each other, and teleport their own essense and part of their physical body over lightyears. That kind of power is close to GM Luke's feat with pinning Caedus to that chair. And it rivals the most powerful of legends characters, so yeah, maybe Canon = Legends, now.

Oh, and imagine how powerful Ghost Yoda is. He strikes me as more powerful than Snoke, and so that's the kind of power which could kill, if not destroy planets. The force is being taken to a whole new level.

MythLord
&gt; implying Bendu is even comparable to Legends godlike powerhouses.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by MythLord
&gt; implying Bendu is even comparable to Legends godlike powerhouses.

When encompassing everything, his storm feat which seemed to be his most powerful thing in attack wise is only in the realm of standard Dark Jedi/Jedi tier. I mean a fallen Jedi Padawan replicated this with no real issue.

Though being a spirit thing or whatever is pretty good(though entering the spirit realm/leaving one's body is also Force Adept/standard Jedi fare), even if he was still affected by physical attacks from cannons....which seems a little strange. So yeah, Bendu I wouldn't say is on any God like powerhouse.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Bedlam Spirits Solo canon. Adding force demons, Yuuzhantar/Zonama Sekot, Abeloth, etc is overkill.

Canon dies.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Bedlam Spirits Solo canon. Adding force demons, Yuuzhantar/Zonama Sekot, Abeloth, etc is overkill.

Canon dies.

Only if the spirits are literally omnipotent.

Zentrex
The Spirits aren't as powerful as the Ones in Canon.

DarthAnt66
Legends Spirits would crush Canon Ones.

Zentrex
And you don't know how powerful The Bendu is. We've only ever seen so much of him, and never his upper limit. And we don't know where in the force his powers truly lie. Just because he may not be the most powerful combatively doesn't mean that he isn't more powerful than those who are more combatively capable. It's like how yoda says that the dark side is more effective, but not more powerful. He's also apathetic, which keeps him from showing what he can really do. And you don't know if he entered the spirit realm when Thrawn shot him. Maybe he just teleported.

Either way, Snoke and Luke are the main ones I wanted to talk about with that comment.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Only if the spirits are literally omnipotent.

Nah. The actual comic itself implies that they created concepts such as time and matter--accidentally, no less. Tilotny also sends a group of stormtroopers 8000 years into the past.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.