Hypothetical Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthAnt66
Obi-Wan Kenobi with his lightsaber skills from ROTS and his Force powers from ANH against ROTS Dooku. Who wins?

Ziggystardust
So a weaker version of rots Obi Wan?

DarthAnt66
Some members have ANH Kenobi > ROTS Kenobi in the Force, hence the thread.

Ziggystardust
Some members are Vader Fanboys; they don't like the fact that a weakened version of Obi Wan is probably the most viable combatant he's faced up until A New Hope. For the thread, no visible evidence that Ben closes this gap in the Force, only illusions to how connecting with the spirit realm would have hindered his access to the physical.

Kurk
Still Dooku

chingchangwalla
Originally posted by Kurk
Still Dooku

The Ellimist
mmm Does the Force boost extent to augmentation and precog?

SunRazer
Not much of a difference. Dooku still beats him.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The Ellimist
mmm Does the Force boost extent to augmentation and precog?
Sure.

MythLord
Obi puts up an even better fight, but ultimately falls.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Sure.

Then maybe Obi Wan in sabers, if he's already a serious challenge for him by RotS without that boost.

DarthDuelist9
Kenobi fanboys never fail to amuse me...

SunRazer
Then maybe Obi Wan in sabers, if he's already a serious challenge for him by RotS without that boost.

He wasn't.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by SunRazer
He wasn't.

Lmao.

SunRazer
Obi-Wan was a threat, obviously, but I don't think someone whose lightsaber was controlled by Dooku's, whose offense was pretty much entirely ineffective, and who couldn't stand up to Dooku's powers, was a particularly serious challenge for the Count.

cs_zoltan
K.

Statements > you.

SunRazer
Show me statements that he was a serious challenge. Statements also state that Dooku was a near-equal to Yoda. So I'll take that.

Anyways, depictions of events > statements. 2 sources depict Obi-Wan not being a serious challenge to Dooku (the film and the comic, plus TCW S6 if you want to count it due to proximity to RotS), and only 1 supports Obi-Wan being a "serious challenge", which is the novel. I'm siding with the majority.

cs_zoltan
You know which source. By replacing the word threat with challange you think you can circumvent it? And the Yoda quote doesn't overwrite it.

The movie is too vauge, you can't decipher from it if he was a threat or not. TCW doesn't count because of pre-prime. So you have 1 source vs 1.5-ish. The junior novel notes he can counter Dooku's choke (I know you stance on it so let's not get into this again), which is something I would expect from a threat.

Anyhow I'm getting sick of debating Kenobi vs Dooku with you, so make your rebuttal idc smile

SunRazer
1. The fact that Obi-Wan was a threat to him doesn't make him a serious challenge. Kyle Katarn was a threat to Caedus. Do you think that made him a serious challenge? Evidently not.

2. The movie has Dooku controlling Obi-Wan's saber. Obi-Wan never comes close to hurting Dooku and is dismissed three times by either Dooku's saber or the Force. Countering Choke doesn't change anything.

1.5 is still > 1, but it's 2, anyway.

DarthDuelist9
You can also argue that Obi-Wan had to be offensive in RotS and S6 while he prefers a more defensive approach.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by SunRazer
Not much of a difference. Dooku still beats him.

NewGuy01
Does he have ANH Kenobi's mental state?

DarthAnt66
Sure.

NewGuy01
Obi-Wan talks him to death.

Azronger
Dooku destroys.

DarthAnt66
Like Vader did?

The Ellimist
This Obi Wan should win.

Azronger
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Like Vader did?

Dooku isn't Vader.

Darth Thor
This Obi-Wan could win, but no guarantee of that.

It should at least be a good fight though.

Jmanghan
This Obi Wan should win.

Kurk
The Dooku downplaying is plain disgusting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.