Life

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Stars: Rebecca Ferguson, Ryan Reynolds, Jake Gyllenhaal

1afEL232Pv4

Patient_Leech
I am... intrigued.

jaden101
Well that certainly looks cheery. I'll just slit my wrists now

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jaden101
Well that certainly looks cheery. I'll just slit my wrists now
Do us all a favor.

jaden101
Why would I do that? You're a bunch of cvnts.

Patient_Leech
Thanks for getting our hopes up. : /

riv6672
I may watch it eventually but, not super excited.

Patient_Leech
This actually looks intriguing, but I would hope that it wouldn't be set on the space station the whole time. Looks like it would get a bit monotonous.

Kazenji
oERJhoeWsHU

Ascendancy
Awesome job, much wow. Love the trailers that give away far too much. I caught that during the Super Bowl and was just reminded that they give away a crap ton. Even if there's some major twist the spate of editors who give us previews like this make me shake my head.

carthage
Looks like a great mismash of Alien/Gravity

Will be checking this out next month

Patient_Leech
Sounds like this is indeed a big rip off of Alien...

steverules_2
I heard it ends with Rebecca Ferguson blowing it out the airlock with a grappling gun

Patient_Leech
They should have cast Martin Lawrence and Eddie Murphy in this...

http://www.themoviescene.co.uk/reviews/_img/162-2.jpg

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
They should have cast Martin Lawrence and Eddie Murphy in this...

http://www.themoviescene.co.uk/reviews/_img/162-2.jpg

This I agree with. Cause Reynolds is sucky actor.

Kazenji
There's fanboy theories saying this is tied into Spider-Man, The alien creature being Venom

Flyattractor
That would support the theory that fanboys are morons.

Patient_Leech
Wow, this is still getting surprisingly decent reviews...

Rotten Tomatoes

Currently at 76% with 34 total reviews.

carthage
Will try to catch this sometime next Tues or Wednesday

I love films set in space so I'll be sure to watch this

Flyattractor
Wow, this is still getting surprisingly decent reviews...

Rotten Tomatoes

Currently at 76% with 34 total reviews.

I am willing to bet that it just residual Deadpool Fan Wank.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by carthage
Will try to catch this sometime next Tues or Wednesday

I love films set in space so I'll be sure to watch this

From the trailer I'm not convinced that it would be worth seeing in the theater, so let me know what you think. But yeah, I like space shit, too.

Patient_Leech
Well as it turns out I'll probably be going out to see this this weekend.

Stuckmann gives it a B+ which is pretty generous by his standards. I haven't watched his full review yet, though...

IEVz_1WaxZM

dynamix
It was ok. Wasn't great but wasn't totally bad. There seems to be a moral to this story lol don't try to be the hero! Everyone of them died trying to be a hero instead of using common sense

Lord Lucien
Cliched, predictable, and silly as all hell. If you like clever science/space films, this isn't that. It's a monster/horror movie---in spaaaaace! But it's not scary. Like Deep Impact, The Core, and Alien all mashed into one.

The ending though... the ending was a bit of an up-tick.

socool8520
Originally posted by Kazenji
Stars: Rebecca Ferguson, Ryan Reynolds, Jake Gyllenhaal

1afEL232Pv4

I thought you were talking about the Eddie murphy/Martin Lawrence film.lol

Patient_Leech
Well I saw this tonight and I found the experience quite frustrating, infuriating actually, the more I think about it...

I really liked the way this film was done as far as pacing, suspense, character development (for some characters at least). It's very well done and suspenseful. The problem that really had me and my friends really pissed off is the fact that the film paints itself as a relatively grounded science sci-fi premise, (for example I liked that all of the creatures cells are simultaneously muscle, nerve, and photoreceptors) but then the damn creature is un-fuc#ing killable, not with fire, not in the vacuum of space, not even with depriving it of oxygen. In fact there is a contradiction because at the beginning of the film they had to deprive it of oxygen to make it come back to life, but later on it's a big plot point that it requires oxygen. It certainly didn't seem to have any problems whatsoever hanging out outside the ship for quite some time actually. Indestructible villains are not scary because the realism goes out the window. That is why Alien is still a much better film.

So this is an infuriating film because I really liked the premise, but they fu#ked it up royally in the writing stages. That and the ending was kind of predictable and needed a little more, I didn't like it ending in the middle of a scene. That was annoying. So on the one hand it is kind of a fun film in the theater, some very nice visuals and cool creature design and awesome visual effects with some effective music and suspense, but too many goddamned annoying contradictions in the premise. An 8-year-old could see through the goofy plot holes in this film. I don't understand why they went to all this trouble for such a great looking film and one that actually works very well except for these stupid contradictions.

And I really wanted to like it. sad

Flyattractor
Deadpool in Space got its butt handed to it from a Disney Bestiality Movie.

Gotta LOVE IT!

quanchi112
Pretty decent flick. Calvin was a son of a *****.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by quanchi112
Pretty decent flick. Calvin was a son of a *****.

I wanted to like it so much, but the film starts off by inviting you to use your brain to set up the premise with some semi grounded science and then it tells you to shut that off, forget what you've already seen and heard, and suspend disbelief to conveniently set up some suspense scenes. The creature surviving outside the space station and simultaneously needing oxygen was f#cking stupid and ridiculous. I swear a mentally handicapped 8 year old wrote this film.

That ruined it for me. It's a shame, because otherwise it's extremely well done. mad

That being said, I avoided watching trailers very closely, so seeing it unfold was very, very cool.

John Murdoch
I wanted to like it so much, but the film starts off by inviting you to use your brain to set up the premise with some semi grounded science and then it tells you to shut that off, forget what you've already seen and heard, and suspend disbelief to conveniently set up some suspense scenes. The creature surviving outside the space station and simultaneously needing oxygen was f#cking stupid and ridiculous. I swear a mentally handicapped 8 year old wrote this film.

That ruined it for me. It's a shame, because otherwise it's extremely well done. mad

That being said, I avoided watching trailers very closely, so seeing it unfold was very, very cool.

Thanks for the review, Leech.

From what I gather from you, seems like the biggest pros are with the production values, and biggest cons are with the script.

I'll watch it one day, though probably streaming.

jaden101
The more you think about this movie the worse it gets. Why did the crippled guy not tell everyone it was on his leg. He would've seen it going up his trousers even if he didn't feel it. And if they drained all the oxygen out the room with the dead crippled guy in it then how did the Japanese guy come out his pod and fly straight through it to the airlock like nothing was wrong?

Alarm bells started wringing when they made the decision to do a Deep Blue Sea and kill off the biggest name actor in it first.

jinXed by JaNx
great little, sci-fi movie.

playa1258
Pretty good film. Saw the ending coming though.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
great little, sci-fi movie.
Originally posted by playa1258
Pretty good film. Saw the ending coming though.

You guys really didn't think it was stupid AF that the thing didn't need oxygen one second and 5 minutes later they are luring it around the space station with oxygen?

Lord Lucien
Why did the crew think they could disable the creature by depriving it of oxygen? It spent a goodly while in the vacuum of outer space trying to get back in with nary any negative effect.

And why did the lifeboats only become a factor that got remembered at the 11th hour because Jake Gyllenhal was reading Goodnight Moon? Why wasn't that like the first thing that got brought up?

And why was a Soyuz rocket that was sent expressly to push the ISS away come equipped with a hatch that could be opened by someone inside the ISS?

And why does the movie think that a human's shoulders and grip strength are capable of withstanding the pull of a violently depressurized chamber into the vacuum of all of space?

Why is this movie so blech?

Arachnid1
You guys really didn't think it was stupid AF that the thing didn't need oxygen one second and 5 minutes later they are luring it around the space station with oxygen? I thought it meant it could survive without oxygen for a while but not indefinitely. They were talking about how they had the opportunity to just lock it out in space and wait it out.

Anyways, this movie was pretty good. I enjoyed it. Great creature design, and great ending

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Arachnid1
I thought it meant it could survive without oxygen for a while but not indefinitely. They were talking about how they had the opportunity to just lock it out in space and wait it out.

If this thing had adapted the ability to survive in the vacuum of space it would be the dominant species of the universe.

But it's not just that, because to revive the thing at the beginning they dialed down the oxygen, remember? The movie was making shit up as it went along. They clearly had not thought things out beyond the core concept, but still decided to make the movie.

Ascendancy
Any movie where scientists/soldiers ignore every protocol for species interaction & quarantine I'm pretty much done with from the start. That was one of the dumbest tropes in Prometheus.

marwash22
i'll tollerate a lot of things, shitty writing, poor/lack of character development, bad cgi, etc., but the one thing i hate above all else is when a movie has no satisfying resolution.

fck this movie.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by marwash22
i'll tollerate a lot of things, shitty writing, poor/lack of character development, bad cgi, etc., but the one thing i hate above all else is when a movie has no satisfying resolution.

fck this movie.

Yeah, that was rather irritating, too. This film is soooo frustrating.

steverules_2
Hope this is a venom prequel

marwash22
i read that too. also read the Cloverfield theory.

steverules_2
There's a cloverfield theory now?

marwash22

komal
Book event tickets hassle free on Tixdo.com

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.