Luke Skywalker(BFT) vs Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ursumeles
Versions
* Luke as of the Black Fleet Trilogy
* Yoda as of Revenge of the Sith

Rules:
* In character, but serious
* Fight takes Place on Byss, no Nexus
* Starting distance: 15m

1. Sabers and Melee only

2. Force only

3. All-Out

Deronn_solo
Luke didn't surpass Yoda in anything until late NJO for me; the green guy sweeps.

JKBart
1. Honestly, Luke has a shot, but Yoda still wins for a majority; anything from 7/10 to 10/10.
2. Yoda, no contest. 10/10 for Yoda, even though Luke will obviously give him an incredible fight.
3. Just like sabers goes.

The Ellimist
Luke takes sabers and splits all-out, IMHO.

GM Yoda
Yoda wins all.

Trocity
Yoda in all; Luke doesn't surpass him till a decade or so later, sometime during the YV war imo.

MythLord
The green midget sweeps, in a great fight.

Ursumeles

The Ellimist
If Luke by Dark Empire is already more powerful than Vader, and his saber skills were matching Vader's by RotJ, it seems likely that he's surpassed Yoda in sabers by BFT. Not sure about the Force.

Azronger
Luke had already surpassed Yoda by DE. BFT will only make his victory surer.

Trocity
Originally posted by Azronger
Luke had already surpassed Yoda by DE.

http://replygif.net/i/750.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm surprised he didn't say ROTJ Luke > Yoda. roll eyes (sarcastic)

ares834
Originally posted by Trocity
http://replygif.net/i/750.gif

Hmm? In DE, Luke defeats an opponent superior to Yoda in a duel.

Anyway...

Luke takes saber, Yoda likely takes Force, and slight edge to Luke in all out.

UCanShootMyNova
When he's amped by Leia...

ares834
Nope. Leia doesn't amp him until after the duel as noted in the audio drama. smile

UCanShootMyNova
Can anyone verify this?

Also doesn't the comic have her amping him beforehand putting the audio drama to the side for now?

ares834
Nope. The comic doesn't make it clear either way. Yes, she does appear to be glowing but that could just as easily be due to the art style as other characters seem to glow at different times as well.

As for the audio drama.

The Ellimist
I thought there was a case where Luke asked for Leia's help and she said she "already was".

Azronger
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm surprised he didn't say ROTJ Luke > Yoda. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is being condescending the only thing you can do? I've offered a 1v1 multiple times now, but you always remain silent. If you're so confident that you're right and I'm wrong then how about you prove it.

ares834
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I thought there was a case where Luke asked for Leia's help and she said she "already was".

There is.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Azronger
Is being condescending the only thing you can do? I've offered a 1v1 multiple times now, but you always remain silent. If you're so confident that you're right and I'm wrong then how about you prove it.

smile

Pretty sure I've debated you before. Not here, though.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by ares834
There is.

So isn't that evidence that she had been helping him in their duel?

ares834
Originally posted by The Ellimist
So isn't that evidence that she had been helping him in their duel?

No, as it's not stated when she joined her power with his. It could have been before the duel or it could have been afterwards. However, the audio drama makes it explicitly clear that it is only afterwards that she does so.

Azronger
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
smile

Pretty sure I've debated you before. Not here, though.

Where?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.