The Punisher vs. The Accountant

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Not sure if many of you watched the Accountant, but here it goes:

Bernthal's The Punisher vs. Affleck's The Accountant.

Round 1: Pure h2h fight in a UFC cage
Round 2: Each one is out to assassinate the other, they come with as many weapons as they can carry on their persons. Battle ground is a huge empty mansion.

TheVaultDweller
I haven't seen The Accountant myself. Is it any good? And I figure if you are putting him up against someone like Frank, he's likely a pretty though SOB.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I haven't seen The Accountant myself. Is it any good? And I figure if you are putting him up against someone like Frank, he's likely a pretty though SOB.

It was a decent action movie. I don't know if I can say it was a good movie but the action was pretty good. I'd say it was good enough that I don't feel I wasted my money in the theater.

And yes, he was a pretty tough and skilled SOB. One of the more badass roles I've seen Affleck in.

John Murdoch
Hey guys, first post here as I just registered. Been following you all for quite some time, and this is, IMO, the best movie/games forum on the web I've found yet. Pleasure to be a part of the team.

Saw The Accountant last Thursday, and I've almost finished Season 2 of Daredevil (watched Episode 12 last night in fact). Bernthal is great in both.

Anyone who can go toe-to-toe with Season 2 Matt would beat Affleck's Accountant. The Accountant is very skilled in H2H (throughout his grappling is legit), but Frank matching Daredevil is on a higher level. Frank takes Round 1.

Unless some insanity happens in Episode 13 of Daredevil, I'm going with The Accountant in Round 2. His accuracy with anything from a high-powered rifle to a handgun is actually built-in to his character to be near perfect. The climax to the movie is similar to the stips in Round 2, actually. (Note: once I learn how to do spoilers, I can elaborate.)

The only X-Factor I see is durability, as both have instances were they are shot/stabbed/pummeled and still get the job done. Frank, however, dropped onto an air duct or roof (can't remember) during one of his first fights with Daredevil and had a drill go through his left foot, and kept going like a beast in both instances.

Robtard
Punisher takes both.

Might give the win to The Accountant over Castle in a sniper contest.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
It was a decent action movie. I don't know if I can say it was a good movie but the action was pretty good. I'd say it was good enough that I don't feel I wasted my money in the theater.

And yes, he was a pretty tough and skilled SOB. One of the more badass roles I've seen Affleck in.

I might have to check it out then. As long as the action is decent, I don't mind if a film plot is a bit flat, or paint-by-numbers. I generally enjoy those one-man rampage movies.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by John Murdoch
Hey guys, first post here as I just registered. Been following you all for quite some time, and this is, IMO, the best movie/games forum on the web I've found yet. Pleasure to be a part of the team.

Saw The Accountant last Thursday, and I've almost finished Season 2 of Daredevil (watched Episode 12 last night in fact). Bernthal is great in both.

Anyone who can go toe-to-toe with Season 2 Matt would beat Affleck's Accountant. The Accountant is very skilled in H2H (throughout his grappling is legit), but Frank matching Daredevil is on a higher level. Frank takes Round 1.

Unless some insanity happens in Episode 13 of Daredevil, I'm going with The Accountant in Round 2. His accuracy with anything from a high-powered rifle to a handgun is actually built-in to his character to be near perfect. The climax to the movie is similar to the stips in Round 2, actually. (Note: once I learn how to do spoilers, I can elaborate.)

The only X-Factor I see is durability, as both have instances were they are shot/stabbed/pummeled and still get the job done. Frank, however, dropped onto an air duct or roof (can't remember) during one of his first fights with Daredevil and had a drill go through his left foot, and kept going like a beast in both instances.

I missed this initially, but welcome to the boards. Hope you have plenty of good discussions here.

John Murdoch
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I missed this initially, but welcome to the boards. Hope you have plenty of good discussions here.

Thank you sir.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.