Where are TESB and ROTJ Luke ranked?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthbane77
As the title asks. Where does the majority of KMC rank these two versions of Luke?

UCanShootMyNova
RotJ Luke is a Vader tier duelist and a Kao Cen Darach tier telekinetic.

Ursumeles
RotJ Luke >=RotS Kenobi
ESB luke? Not sure, likely above Aayla, but below Kolar/Fisto.

UCanShootMyNova
ESB Luke I'm not sure on.

Petrus
ESB Luke's slightly below PT Council level, imho.

darthbane77
So both of them are pretty up there then? Seems I've been underrating these iterations of Luke.

Petrus
I'm literally only basing these approximations on his two duels with Vader, btw.

relentless1
lol Luke in any form in the OT couldn't touch any council member, he fought a conflicted Sith Lord that was half shitty machine. Not really something id consider a great feat. lucas even said himself on TPM commentary that the only Force warriors we had seen were and "old man past his prime, an untrained kid and a half cyborg; now we finally get to see the jedi in their prime"

Also to the guy that said that Luke > ROTS Kenobi don't make me laugh

Ursumeles

Petrus
And still, that 'conflicted Sith Lord' would've pretty much also curbed any Council member barring Yoda and Windu, lol.

relentless1
i deal strictly with what I see on film, this is the only canon that matters, also nobody specified wether it was legends or not

relentless1
Originally posted by Petrus
And still, that 'conflicted Sith Lord' would've pretty much also curbed any Council member barring Yoda and Windu, lol.

maybe, maybe not, the fact is that this is a righteous lowballing of Luke. Had he fought a Vader trying to kill him then you might have a leg to stand on with claims of Luke being super powerful, as it is though his being able to stand against Vader means nothing because Vader wasnt ever trying to kill him in either of their fights.

Ursumeles
As DB77 seems to be a legends fan, I assumed Legends/composotite.
Alsao, where in the Film do we see that Vader was conflicted in the Fight?

relentless1
luke calls him out on it during their fight, Vader basically says as much when he first sees Luke after handing himself over to the Empire on Ender. watch the films man its all right there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-HFv6Ms1lw

watch @ 1:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDs2UGCP2Fk

MythLord
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
RotJ Luke is a Vader tier duelist and a Kao Cen Darach tier telekinetic.

sick

Ursumeles
thumb up
Kao >> Luke.

Azronger
Count Dooku ~ RotJ Luke ~ RotJ Vader > ESB Vader >>> ESB Luke ~ ANH Vader > Ben Kenobi

darthbane77
Originally posted by Ursumeles
As DB77 seems to be a legends fan, I assumed Legends/composotite.
Alsao, where in the Film do we see that Vader was conflicted in the Fight? Yeah, Legends/composite.

darthbane77
Originally posted by relentless1
i deal strictly with what I see on film, this is the only canon that matters, also nobody specified wether it was legends or not It doesn't need to be specified whether it's canon or Legends when everybody on this forum deals mostly in Legends continuity for the majority of the threads here.

The Ellimist
In legends,

RotJ Luke is a Vader tier duelist and an Obi Wan tier telekinetic
ESB Luke is an Agen Kolar tier duelist and a TPM Obi Wan tier telekinetic

IMHO

Darth Thor
Originally posted by darthbane77
It doesn't need to be specified whether it's canon or Legends when everybody on this forum deals mostly in Legends continuity for the majority of the threads here.

Actually the right rules make it clear that Canon is the assumed stance if nothing is mentioned.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Actually the right rules make it clear that Canon is the assumed stance if nothing is mentioned. Really? Doesn't seem to be how any of the forums I go to operate. It seems Legends is always assumed to be what's used, Legends or composite.

Darth Thor
Really? Doesn't seem to be how any of the forums I go to operate. It seems Legends is always assumed to be what's used, Legends or composite.

Because there's still just so much more to discuss with Legends including the whole KOTOR era.

But Canon is growing stronger by the day and in time Legends will die.

Zenwolf
Really? Doesn't seem to be how any of the forums I go to operate. It seems Legends is always assumed to be what's used, Legends or composite.

It's in the sticky for the SW Forum rules.

Zenwolf
Because there's still just so much more to discuss with Legends including the whole KOTOR era.

But Canon is growing stronger by the day and in time Legends will die.

Yeah...after about 30+ years. Plus with the way New Canon material is coming out, it might be awhile anyway.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Zenwolf
It's in the sticky for the SW Forum rules. My mistake then. thumb up

darthbane77

But Canon is growing stronger by the day and in time Legends will die. I doubt Legends is going anywhere any time soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.