Selectively complaining about political correctness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Conservatives often criticize "politically correct" social justice warriors, but I've noticed that they're often perfectly willing to hide under political correctness when it's a right wing sacred cow, like:

- fundamentalist Christianity
- "traditional family values"
- prudishness
- fanatical patriotism
- the free market
- anti-elitism
- the feelings of white right wing males

For example, there are several movements by right wing groups to ban certain books that they think are offensive because they're too sexually explicit. They also hated that professor working on Obamacare that said Americans were stupid, even though pretty much everybody to ever live has thought something like that at some point or another. They don't like it when Hillary calls Trump supporters "baskets of deplorables", even though they certainly say that about liberals in private.

Why the double standard?

Time-Immemorial
Very well thought out troll bait.

Which party has had two corrupt DNC chairs and been fired from CNN?

The RNC or DNC?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial

Which party has had two corrupt DNC chairs and been fired from CNN?

WTF does that have to do with the topic?

Bashar Teg
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Conservatives often criticize "politically correct" social justice warriors, but I've noticed that they're often perfectly willing to hide under political correctness when it's a right wing sacred cow, like:

- fundamentalist Christianity
- "traditional family values"
- prudishness
- fanatical patriotism
- the free market
- anti-elitism
- the feelings of white right wing males

For example, there are several movements by right wing groups to ban certain books that they think are offensive because they're too sexually explicit. They also hated that professor working on Obamacare that said Americans were stupid, even though pretty much everybody to ever live has thought something like that at some point or another. They don't like it when Hillary calls Trump supporters "baskets of deplorables", even though they certainly say that about liberals in private.

Why the double standard?

i find all this offensive. i win.

Time-Immemorial
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.