Inquisitor = Ventress interview

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthDuelist9
Has anyone the link to the interview in which it's claimed that the best of the Inquisitors are comparable to Ventress?

The_Tempest
It was a RebelForce Radio interview with Filoni.
Apparently the link is no longer active.

DarthDuelist9
Ohh that sucks

juggernaut74
I wonder if we'll see anymore Inquisitors.

UCanShootMyNova
It says the best of the Inquisitors aren't on her level.

|King Joker|
Pretty sure Filoni said the best Inquisitor was around Ventress level, but he thinks Ventress is probably still more powerful.

UCanShootMyNova
I'm pretty sure it said that even the best Inquisitor wouldn't be on her level. They might have said around. I don't have a problem with that if it is GI tbh given Kanan's own ridiculous force feats and the scan that proves GI is more powerful then Kanan.

|King Joker|
Filoni said something along the lines that the best Inquisitor is around Ventress' level but he still thinks she's more powerful, or something.

TBH, I wouldn't be okay with any of the Inquisitors we've seen so far being Ventress tier.

UCanShootMyNova
Not on, but around for the GI wouldn't be bad. His ability was left generally unspecified.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Filoni said something along the lines that the best Inquisitor is around Ventress' level but he still thinks she's more powerful, or something.

TBH, I wouldn't be okay with any of the Inquisitors we've seen so far being Ventress tier.

He also said the spinning lightsaber was a 'cheat' mode for doing moves that Darth Maul could do on his own so Maul > GI and by extent Ventress.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
so Maul > GI and by extent Ventress.

Doubt anyone ever argued that anyway.

DarthDuelist9
Sure but it confirms his solid superiority over her

Beniboybling
GI =/= Ventress lmfao.

Darth Thor

I think both Maul and Kenobi proved they were solidly above Ventress in "Revival" when they both stomped Opress. Ventress never proved herself capable of even winning against Opress.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Beniboybling
GI =/= Ventress lmfao.

No, but he's close apparently.

Beniboybling
Nah, though I enjoy the continued double standard regarding Filoni's commentary.

ILS
GI =/= Ventress lmfao. I can't imagine him doing anything but get rekt by Anakin or Obi-Wan...

Darth Thor
Nah, though I enjoy the continued double standard regarding Filoni's commentary.

But aren't you showing the same double standards? You've clung to the statement by Filoni that Only Vader and Palpatine can match/beat Ahsoka in that era, yet you're ignoring his statement that the best Inquisitor is just a little under Ventress??

DarthDuelist9
Because Filoni's commentary/opinion isn't contradicted by feats & accolades Beni wink

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Darth Thor
But aren't you showing the same double standards? You've clung to the statement by Filoni that Only Vader and Palpatine can match/beat Ahsoka in that era, yet you're ignoring his statement that the best Inquisitor is just a little under Ventress?? Nope, I'm just aware of what he actually said, and the contexts in which he said it. smile

Petrus
Any of the Inqs being on the same level as Ventress is goddamn retarded.

DarthDuelist9
Nope, I'm just aware of what he actually said, and the contexts in which he said it. smile

The context you think he said it in, there's a difference.

Beniboybling
Nope the contexts were very clear.

Darth Thor
Nope, I'm just aware of what he actually said, and the contexts in which he said it. smile

Well contexts can be argued both ways.

DD is arguing a different context of his Ahsoka statement to you. So neither of you are using double standards. You're just disagreeing on his meaning.

I on the other hand just think he's biased as f*** when it comes to Ahsoka.

Beniboybling
Nah, he said Filoni's words aren't Canon so they don't matter. smile

Darth Thor
Nah, he said Filoni's words aren't Canon so they don't matter. smile

Well that's an interesting debate tbh. Is all of his commentary and interviews on Rebels canon? If so, then is Abrams commentary and interviews on TFA also canon, and Lucas's commentary and interviews on the OT and PT also still canon?

And do these commentaries supersede feats, showings, the story group statements, source books e.t.c. Or do those things supersede the commentaries, or are they all on par with each other?

Beniboybling
There are not Canon, but that doesn't mean they don't matter.

DarthDuelist9
I said that they theoretically shouldn't matter anyway not to mention that there is obviously a difference if his opinion is contradicted by feats or his opinion is merely an addition to a certain fact (e.g. How the Inquisitor's rotating lightsaber is a 'cheat mode').

Beniboybling
Or in other words when they don't align with your perspective. smile

UCanShootMyNova

What are you talking about?

UCanShootMyNova
I think both Maul and Kenobi proved they were solidly above Ventress in "Revival" when they both stomped Opress. Ventress never proved herself capable of even winning against Opress.

That's due to the various disadvantages she had going against her in that fight and a lack of time to adjust to using a single blade after using dual blades in combat for nearly the entirety of the Clone Wars.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
What are you talking about?
Maul >> Ventress >/= GI.

UCanShootMyNova
No, but he's close apparently.

Nah he said that the greatest Inquisitor is approaching her level but still not really close.

Beniboybling
That's due to the various disadvantages she had going against her in that fight and a lack of time to adjust to using a single blade after using dual blades in combat for nearly the entirety of the Clone Wars. Source?

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Maul >> Ventress >/= GI.

Not at all and I would have a debate on that subject with you. Ventress vs Maul lightsabers only. Any version you want.

UCanShootMyNova
Source?

TCW and the RotS Novel.

Beniboybling
Quotes please. Ventress isn't even in the RotS novel lmao.

Ursumeles
Not at all and I would have a debate on that subject with you. Ventress vs Maul lightsabers only. Any version you want.
I am just saying, what he thinks about this.
Obviously, Ventress >>> GI, lol.

UCanShootMyNova
No but confirmation that Makashi is weak to a great output of kinetic energy is.

Along with Dooku himself being thrown across the room by a blow from Opress and Ventress never having demonstrated using a single saber in combat and the fact that she was deprived of said saber and was given no time for adjustment before entering combat.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Ursumeles
I am just saying, what he thinks about this.
Obviously, Ventress >>> GI, lol.

Sorry. Wasn't sure what you were saying.

Ursumeles
I am saying Anakin >> Dooku >> Ventress smile

Petrus
Yeah but Ventress is still a notch above the pathetic Inqs.

UCanShootMyNova
I don't think the Inq's are as bad as you're making out tbh.

Though yes Ventress is above them all by a good margin.

Petrus
I don't think the Inq's are as bad as you're making out tbh.

Though yes Ventress is above them all by a good margin.

Well, they might not suck, but they're just barely above-average tbh.

UCanShootMyNova
They've got impressive Force power tbh and GI seems to be solidly skilled.

Petrus
The GI is skilled and a good combatant, although I'm still not entirely convinced he's so good, but he's better than his counterparts for sure.

juggernaut74
They have ups and downs. They were battling Kanan and Ahsoka evenly right before Maul jumped in and helped the Jedi.

Petrus
Originally posted by juggernaut74
They have ups and downs. They were battling Kanan and Ahsoka evenly right before Maul jumped in and helped the Jedi.

That's not a good indication, though. Maul was battling the three of them almost evenly for a short time and Ahsoka curbs the FB and SS almost simultaneously prior to that encounter. And it wasn't so even because they actually had to run away from the Jedi.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Petrus
That's not a good indication, though. Maul was battling the three of them almost evenly for a short time and Ahsoka curbs the FB and SS almost simultaneously prior to that encounter. And it wasn't so even because they actually had to run away from the Jedi. That's what I mean when I said they have ups and downs. One minute their fighting to notch foes and the next they are running from the same foes.

UCanShootMyNova
That's not a good indication, though. Maul was battling the three of them almost evenly for a short time and Ahsoka curbs the FB and SS almost simultaneously prior to that encounter. And it wasn't so even because they actually had to run away from the Jedi.

Maul couldn't keep up that pace. By the end he was saber locked with the other Inquisitors flanking him. And GI's substantially above any of them.

Petrus
Maul couldn't keep up that pace. By the end he was saber locked with the other Inquisitors flanking him. And GI's substantially above any of them.

I know, but he was at least capable of matching the three in combat for a short period of time. And individually, just like Ahsoka, he stomps them. Ahsoka stomped two of them simultaneously. That means Ahsoka's very good, of course, but it also demonstrates the Inqs are significantly below people like Maul or Ahsoka, who in turn aren't that far above Ventress. I think Ventress would be able to defeat any of the Inqs in 1v1 combat, at least. Including GI.

juggernaut74
I know, but he was at least capable of matching the three in combat for a short period of time. And individually, just like Ahsoka, he stomps them. Ahsoka stomped two of them simultaneously. That means Ahsoka's very good, of course, but it also demonstrates the Inqs are significantly below people like Maul or Ahsoka, who in turn aren't that far above Ventress. I think Ventress would be able to defeat any of the Inqs in 1v1 combat, at least. Including GI. Like I said before Ahsoka and Kanan were battling the Fifth Brother and Eighth Brother on equal ground for a good amount of time before Maul jumped in. Ahsoka didn't seem capable of replicating her feat of easily beating them the first time she met even by herself.

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_3KjokTsmA

Petrus
Yeah, I've seen the whole season. I think the fact that the Inqs seemed more competent against Ahsoka even with the aid of Kanan, helps prove the idea that Malachor is indeed a significant DS nexus.

UCanShootMyNova
I know, but he was at least capable of matching the three in combat for a short period of time. And individually, just like Ahsoka, he stomps them. Ahsoka stomped two of them simultaneously. That means Ahsoka's very good, of course, but it also demonstrates the Inqs are significantly below people like Maul or Ahsoka, who in turn aren't that far above Ventress. I think Ventress would be able to defeat any of the Inqs in 1v1 combat, at least. Including GI.

Well of course. But that's more due to Ventress's own ability.

Darth Thor
There are not Canon, but that doesn't mean they don't matter.

thumb up

That's exactly how I look at them.

juggernaut74
Yeah, I've seen the whole season. I think the fact that the Inqs seemed more competent against Ahsoka even with the aid of Kanan, helps prove the idea that Malachor is indeed a significant DS nexus. That so called dark side nexus didn't seem to help Maul when he fought Kanan.

Darth Thor
That's due to the various disadvantages she had going against her in that fight and a lack of time to adjust to using a single blade after using dual blades in combat for nearly the entirety of the Clone Wars.

There were 2 fights. And Opress had disadvantages too.

But say you're right, even if she can beat him, it clearly wouldn't be a stomp on the level of Maul or Kenobi.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
That so called dark side nexus didn't seem to help Maul when he fought Kanan.

A point I've been making do a while thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
There were 2 fights. And Opress had disadvantages too.

But say you're right, even if she can beat him, it clearly wouldn't be a stomp on the level of Maul or Kenobi.

Maybe, maybe not. If not that's due to the fact that she wouldn't be able to be quite as offensive as she normally would do to having to focus more on redirecting Savage's strikes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.