Was Luke amped when he dueled Sidious?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Ares makes a good case for why he wasn't.

As a follow up, was this a fluke or peak performance kind of situation?

Ursumeles
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Ares makes a good case for why he wasn't.
Which one?

Azronger
Yes, he was.

And no, it wasn't a fluke. Luke is Sidious-tier.

MythLord
Yes, he was. It makes no sense he goes from getting stomped, to overwhelming in less than a few days.

Azronger
He was only stomped because of the location.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MythLord
Yes, he was. It makes no sense he goes from getting stomped, to overwhelming in less than a few days. So in the NFL when teams meet twice a year and in one game a team gets stomped to win the next encounter it does not make sense ? Are you retarded ? Serious question.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by quanchi112
So in the NFL when teams meet twice a year and in one game a team gets stomped to win the next encounter it does not make sense ? Are you retarded ? Serious question.

The difference in athletic ability and preparation between NFL teams is granular, unlike the difference between Force users which can be on the orders of magnitude.

Ziggystardust
The difference in athletic ability and preparation between NFL teams is granular, unlike the difference between Force users which can be on the orders of magnitude.

This is true.

Also, the amount of players multiply the number of variables and predictability upset, making it more difficult to predict which team will win a game. Sports with have the most accurately predicted outcomes usually involve 1 player on each side, like Tennis, where the favourites almost always win.

quanchi112
The difference in athletic ability and preparation between NFL teams is granular, unlike the difference between Force users which can be on the orders of magnitude. Completely untrue. Acting as if two separate events have to completely match up to the previous experience isn't realistic. There are also upsets in singular sporting events just like there are with teams. This really doesn't detract from Tsno really point to be gleaned from myth lords retardation. If there isn't definitive proof Luke was amped you can't reach that conclusion just because their first fight ended up differently.

To back any claim you need to prove it.

UCanShootMyNova
Yep. He was amped heavily.

Azronger
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Yep. He was amped heavily.

Based on what was he amped "heavily"?

Beniboybling
http://i.imgur.com/NSoKyfb.png

ares834
And?

Ursumeles
Originally posted by ares834
And?
What was your argument?

ares834
The audio drama makes it clear she isn't amping Luke until after the duel whereas the comic leaves it ambiguous.

Beniboybling
And? And if she was continuing to unlock his energies then she didn't start just then?

ares834
Quite right. And yet, that doesn't indicate that she amped Luke during the duel only that she has been doing it prior to that moment. When she began to amp him is not stated in the comic, however it is stated in the audio drama and it happens after the duel.

Beniboybling
Not really, you omitted a monologue before that scene where Leia and Luke talk about being one and what not, which appears to remove Palpatine's influence over him.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Azronger
Based on what was he amped "heavily"?

His former performance and the fact that Leia was amping him.

Azronger

His former performance was on Byss. Invalid evidence.

ares834
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Not really, you omitted a monologue before that scene where Leia and Luke talk about being one and what not, which appears to remove Palpatine's influence over him.

She helps him break free of the cloud of the dark side and Palpatine's influence. There is nothing to suggest she amps him and such a notion is refuted by the passage I posted wherein she does not even conceive of melding her power to Luke's until after the duel. It's quite clear cut.

Post evidence of Leia amping him then.

Beniboybling
Apart from that extract I raised.

Darth Thor

thumb up

Even in that fight, it wasn't the 2 second "stomp" people make out.

She helps him break free of the cloud of the dark side and Palpatine's influence. There is nothing to suggest she amps him and such a notion is refuted by the passage I posted wherein she does not even conceive of melding her power to Luke's until after the duel. It's quite clear cut.

thumb up

UCanShootMyNova

The additive bonus a DS nexus would provide is negligible compared to Sidious's own power at this point.

UCanShootMyNova
Post evidence of Leia amping him then.

Beni just did.

The Ellimist
Luke may have also grown more powerful to the end of DE.

UCanShootMyNova
Weren't you the one that always argued Luke couldn't have grown much from DE to his confrontation with Kun due to his performance there?

Or was that somebody else?

Azronger
The additive bonus a DS nexus would provide is negligible compared to Sidious's own power at this point.

Byss in DE is noted to be more a more potent nexus than Sidious was during RotJ. "Negligible." Lmao.

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111282615/5400720-0456279693-52795.png

UCanShootMyNova
Yes and I'm sure all the planetary nexuses Bane or Dooku or other far less powerful Darksiders have benefitted from were infinitely more powerful then them. It doesn't mean it provided a boost to a significant degree. In regards to Dooku at the very most it boosted his TK from bride busting to frigate busting. The gains DE Sidious would get from Byss compared to his own power would be minimal unless we're assuming the bonus is multiplicative which doesn't make sense given we've seen less powerful Force users benefit equally to their betters on nexuses.

ares834
Beni just did.

No he didn't. Like I said, the timeline is left ambiguous in the comic but is clarified in the audio drama.

UCanShootMyNova
What are you talking about. The scan has Leia unlocking hidden reserves in Luke and it's during the fight with Palpatine. How much more clear can you get?

Azronger
Here we go again...

Yes and I'm sure all the planetary nexuses Bane or Dooku or other far less powerful Darksiders have benefitted from were infinitely more powerful then them.

Well, no shit, since, as you yourself noted, they were far less powerful than Sidious, lmao.

So, a nexus that is more powerful than a galaxy-wide nexus, compressed to the area of a single planet, doesn't boost someone to a significant degree? laughing out loud

Why are you bringing up Korriban, again?

So you think RotJ Sidious' power in the Force is "minimal" compared to his DE iteration? Please, tell me how you came to such a conclusion.

What?

ares834
What are you talking about. The scan has Leia unlocking hidden reserves in Luke and it's during the fight with Palpatine. How much more clear can you get?

Are you dense? We are talking about the duel which, by that point, had already been finished.

Beniboybling
There is certainly density present in this thread yeah, but this time its not from Syn. smile

UCanShootMyNova
Are you dense? We are talking about the duel which, by that point, had already been finished.

The scans prior show the fight is ongoing. It cuts to Leia amping Luke and then Luke having defeated Palpatine. What's so hard about this?

ares834

UCanShootMyNova
Here we go again...

Well, no shit, since, as you yourself noted, they were far less powerful than Sidious, lmao.

So, a nexus that is more powerful than a galaxy-wide nexus, compressed to the area of a single planet, doesn't boost someone to a significant degree? laughing out loud

Why are you bringing up Korriban, again?

So you think RotJ Sidious' power in the Force is "minimal" compared to his DE iteration? Please, tell me how you came to such a conclusion.

What?

Yes. And it doesn't mean the amp they received was the equivalent to the total power of said planetary nexus. This is really something I shouldn't need to point at for you.

Galaxy wide nexus? What are you talking about? Are you referring to Sidious? Because btw the quote you used to back your assertion that it even was a more powerful nexus then Sidious is based on somebody saying "If there was a dark center to the universe, this would be it." Which is no way validates the position. Was the guy who said that even a Force user? Regardless even if it was third person omniscient source and directly stated what you're claiming how would that apply to a comparison between a planet and a sentient being capable of moving around the Galaxy? The reaching here is approaching Mr. Fantastic levels.

Because it's clear Dooku didn't gain the power of the entire planet. Just like regardless of if Byss is actually more powerful then Sidious or not Sidious is not going to be receiving an amp equivalent to the power that Byss possesses as a nexus.

No, I just am aware of the fact that being a Force user on a nexus doesn't give you the entire power of the nexus itself. Lmao.

Let me put this to you as simply as I can. Being on a nexus doesn't give you the power of a planetary focal point of darkside power. I know. Pretty mindblowing.

UCanShootMyNova
@Ares:

http:

//2.bp.blogspot.com/DKLSHKvScqOJ2

uFJwe0om8dKRFckEqPNacpJ4qihyp_wrkfZ2FbPcM8OHyE8Lft
vzCJ0tB6uZ9wL=s0

"I already am, Luke. Haven't you sensed it...?"

UCanShootMyNova
Had to split it apart because it just took you to an error page if you enter it in as a single line.

ares834

UCanShootMyNova
No it notes that she's adding HER OWN power where prior she had been unlocking hidden recourses inside of Luke which we know had to have been beforehand because it says "continuing" in the quote Beni provided.

Trocity
I think it's quite clear she was helping him during the duel. Unlocking hidden reserves, which means Luke basically became TUF/FOTJ Luke, and Palpatine was not expecting it.

Beniboybling
No it notes that she's adding HER OWN power where prior she had been unlocking hidden recourses inside of Luke which we know had to have been beforehand because it says "continuing" in the quote Beni provided. thumb up

ares834

Darth Thor
Beni just did.

After the Saber duel.

No it notes that she's adding HER OWN power where prior she had been unlocking hidden recourses inside of Luke which we know had to have been beforehand because it says "continuing" in the quote Beni provided.

What?

No that was the same thing. Her unlocking his resources WAS her adding her power to amp him.

Beniboybling
No need to get upset Ares, but really you haven't addressed the idea that Leia was continuing to unlock hidden reserves in Luke at all.

Darth Thor
No need to get upset Ares, but really you haven't addressed the idea that Leia was continuing to unlock hidden reserves in Luke at all.

He has. It's ambiguous from when that was. They were already meditating together when that line comes.

ares834

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Darth Thor
What?

No that was the same thing. Her unlocking his resources WAS her adding her power to amp him.

Prove it. smile

UCanShootMyNova

Beniboybling
You really haven't Ares, the audio drama does indeed indicate that Leia only started joining with Luke upon Palpatine unleashing the Force storm, but the panel itself plainly states otherwise.

Moreover in the comic, when Luke asks Leia to join with him, she says she already is.

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Beniboybling
She's also visibly radiating for the duration of the fight.

DarthAnt66
If I recall correctly, isn't Force Harmony Luke's potential + Leia's potential?

ares834

Azronger
Syn, use quotes.

Azronger
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Source?

UCanShootMyNova
Syn, use quotes.

Not working for me on Ares's posts for some reason.

SunRazer
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Not sure about potential, but it's possible. Anakin's included, by the way.

Darth Thor

Moreover in the comic, when Luke asks Leia to join with him, she says she already is.

Hence her "continuing" to do so later.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.