John Preston vs Wesley Gibson

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solid47
Preston from Equillibrium.

VS

Gibson from Wanted.

Both combatants gets their standard firearms they used in their movies.

Round 1: The fight takes place in Central Park.

Round 2: The fight takes place in a harbor with various containers.

They starts against each other from 40m.

Who wins and why?

h1a8
Toss up or Preston wins in scenario 1. This is because Wesley wouldn't be amped at the start of the bell. Preston is faster when Wesley is not amped.

In scenario 2 Wesley wins as the containers gives him time to amp.

Placidity
This has been done before, it was a very long thread IIRC.

Wesley wins easily.

marwash22
How was it a long thread? Was quan involved?

Wesley stomps. one person can deflect bullets with his own bullets and shoot from around corners... the other person cant.

Placidity
No it was the fabulous duo of RJ and DDM.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=524988&pagenumber=1

The topic was Preston/Zero vs Gibson/Fox, but it really came down to Preston vs Gibson.

Main points:

1. Gibson can shoot bullets out of the air.

2. Gibson can significantly slow down perception of time. Fraternity members have demonstrated super-speed.

3. Gun Kata is based on prediction of straight-line trajectories, not curving bullets. Note that even curving bullets do not always follow a uniform curve, Gibson and Cross have shot bullets that traveled straight, then bend sharply.

Mindset
Wesley.

Placidity
Mindset what did I tell you about copying me?

h1a8
Wesley only wins 1 if he starts amped. Otherwise he loses in 1

KingD19
Wesley wins both. Whether he starts amped or not, he can trigger it pretty instantly. And you're acting like they start off with their backs to each other at 10 paces. They're in Central Park and a harbor. There's nothing but obstacles between both of fthem.

jaden101
Originally posted by Placidity
No it was the fabulous duo of RJ and DDM.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=524988&pagenumber=1

The topic was Preston/Zero vs Gibson/Fox, but it really came down to Preston vs Gibson.

Main points:

1. Gibson can shoot bullets out of the air.

2. Gibson can significantly slow down perception of time. Fraternity members have demonstrated super-speed.

3. Gun Kata is based on prediction of straight-line trajectories, not curving bullets. Note that even curving bullets do not always follow a uniform curve, Gibson and Cross have shot bullets that traveled straight, then bend sharply.

That was a great fun thread

Utrigita
Originally posted by jaden101
That was a great fun thread

thumb up

BruceSkywalker
Doesn't Wesley just snipe his ass

h1a8
Originally posted by KingD19
Wesley wins both. Whether he starts amped or not, he can trigger it pretty instantly. And you're acting like they start off with their backs to each other at 10 paces. They're in Central Park and a harbor. There's nothing but obstacles between both of fthem. No he can't. Preston can shoot him in less than a second after the bell. It takes more than a few seconds for Wesley to amp.

The first scenario they both have clear shots. They are behind obstacles.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
No he can't. Preston can shoot him in less than a second after the bell. It takes more than a few seconds for Wesley to amp.

The first scenario they both have clear shots. They are behind obstacles.

You should probably watch Wanted before trying to debate characters from the movie.

h1a8
Originally posted by Silent Master
You should probably watch Wanted before trying to debate characters from the movie. Prove that Wesley can amp faster than a half of a second.

Silent Master
Prove that Wesley can amp faster than a half of a second.

So you're changing your claim of it takes more than a few seconds for Wesley to amp. to It takes more than half a second?

h1a8
So you're changing your claim of it takes more than a few seconds for Wesley to amp. to It takes more than half a second?

Actually no. I'm saying that the only way Wesley doesn't get shot is if he can amp in less than a half of second. Whether It takes Wesley more than a few seconds to amp is irrelevant to him amping in less than a a half of second.

Silent Master
Actually no. I'm saying that the only way Wesley doesn't get shot is if he can amp in less than a half of second. Whether It takes Wesley more than a few seconds to amp is irrelevant to him amping in less than a a half of second.

It's interesting how your original claim is suddenly irrelevant, I guess that tells me everything I need to know about your intentions in this thread.

h1a8
It's interesting how your original claim is suddenly irrelevant, I guess that tells me everything I need to know about your intentions in this thread.

All that matters is the truth. Anything else is irrelevant to the debate.

Silent Master
Truth, like in order to distract from the fact that you've never seen the movie, you demand I provide proof for a claim that I never made?

TheVaultDweller
Gibson wins. And there H1 again goes and claims it takes Wesley a few seconds to amp. It's funny how he keeps making that claim, and keeps telling other people to essentially prove his claim wrong (proving a negative, which is generally frowned upon in debates) when he hasn't actually presented any solid evidence to back his stance. He expects all his statements to be accepted at face value, yet constantly dismisses arguments other people make, despite them actively referencing screen feats/evidence.

h1a8
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Gibson wins. And there H1 again goes and claims it takes Wesley a few seconds to amp. It's funny how he keeps making that claim, and keeps telling other people to essentially prove his claim wrong (proving a negative, which is generally frowned upon in debates) when he hasn't actually presented any solid evidence to back his stance. He expects all his statements to be accepted at face value, yet constantly dismisses arguments other people make, despite them actively referencing screen feats/evidence.

Prove that he can amp in less than a half of second.

Silent Master

Are you aware of how debates work?

TheVaultDweller

Thank you for proving my point.

h1a8
Are you aware of how debates work?

I'm aware. My claim is that Wesley can't amp in less than a second.
The proof is: it took him longer than a second to amp in one scene and there is no other scene where he shown to amp less time.

h1a8
Thank you for proving my point.

What was your point? You are claiming that he can amp in less than half of a second. This is not a negative.

Silent Master
I'm aware. My claim is that Wesley can't amp in less than a second.
The proof is: it took him longer than a second to amp in one scene and there is no other scene where he shown to amp less time.

No, your claim was that

h1a8
No, your claim was that

correct! Was and IS are two different things.
But it took Wesley more than a few seconds to amp in one scene in the movie.

Silent Master
correct! Was and IS are two different things.
But it took Wesley more than a few seconds to amp in one scene in the movie.

Can you prove that he always took more than a few seconds to amp?

Dexx-Planet86
preston uses gun kata to dodge wesleys bullets and puts a bullet in his skull lol

TheVaultDweller
What was your point? You are claiming that he can amp in less than half of a second. This is not a negative.

Nope. All I said is that Gibson wins, and that you are making claims without offering any evidence to support them, such as the bullet-time, and then telling other people to prove negatives to those claims. It is your responsibility to prove your own claims to be right. Not tell other people to disprove them, while you sit back and do nothing. But you expect us to go along with your opinion/interpretation like it is fact, and then debate according to that. And I never posted any specifics on exactly how long it takes him to amp. So you claiming I did is a lie, on top of everything else. So you did prove my point, by again doing the exact thing I said you were. What my own stance is on his bullet time is irrelevant in this thread, providing I don't make claims about it. I didn't. You did. So any burden of proof is on you.

But of course, you are the guy who also claimed Thanos was never described as "the most powerful being in the universe" (which Inhuman proved wrong immediately after), and also the guy who claimed that the Sokovia explosion would not have done significant damage to Cap, but that Nicholas Cage with brass knuckles could. At this point, your opinion means less than dog shit to me.

KingD19
Originally posted by Dexx-Planet86
preston uses gun kata to dodge wesleys bullets and puts a bullet in his skull lol

Gun Kata doesn't work against a guy who sees you in slow motion and can send bullets along literally otherwise impossible trajectories, which would make them unpredictable.

h1a8
Nope. All I said is that Gibson wins, and that you are making claims without offering any evidence to support them, such as the bullet-time, and then telling other people to prove negatives to those claims. It is your responsibility to prove your own claims to be right. Not tell other people to disprove them, while you sit back and do nothing. But you expect us to go along with your opinion/interpretation like it is fact, and then debate according to that. And I never posted any specifics on exactly how long it takes him to amp. So you claiming I did is a lie, on top of everything else. So you did prove my point, by again doing the exact thing I said you were. What my own stance is on his bullet time is irrelevant in this thread, providing I don't make claims about it. I didn't. You did. So any burden of proof is on you.

But of course, you are the guy who also claimed Thanos was never described as "the most powerful being in the universe" (which Inhuman proved wrong immediately after), and also the guy who claimed that the Sokovia explosion would not have done significant damage to Cap, but that Nicholas Cage with brass knuckles could. At this point, your opinion means less than dog shit to me.

I have absolutely no clue to what you are talking about. Seriously!
Just rambling as far as I'm concerned.

Wesley doesn't win because he will be shot instantly after the bell. If you disagree then debate the point. Stop rambling. This is not a court of law.
We are here to ascertain the truth, not to win a debate at the cost of accepting lies.

h1a8
Can you prove that he always took more than a few seconds to amp? Stop derailing the thread. If you believe Wesley wins then debate why. I gave my reasons to why he loses. If you disagree then debate why. Otherwise, you are trolling.

h1a8
Gun Kata doesn't work against a guy who sees you in slow motion and can send bullets along literally otherwise impossible trajectories, which would make them unpredictable. Wesley can do no such things before Preston shoots him after the bell.

Silent Master
Lies, like you claiming that your opinion and facts are one and the same?

h1a8
Lies, like you claiming that your opinion and facts are one and the same? Prove they are lies. Show me evidence that contradicts my statement.

Silent Master
Prove they are lies. Show me evidence that contradicts my statement.

You're seriously asking me to prove that your opinions are actually opinions?

TheVaultDweller
I have absolutely no clue to what you are talking about. Seriously!
Just rambling as far as I'm concerned.

This is how most people consider your posts.

Wesley doesn't win because he will be shot instantly after the bell. If you disagree then debate the point. Stop rambling. This is not a court of law.
We are here to ascertain the truth, not to win a debate at the cost of accepting lies.

Oh, the irony.

h1a8
You're seriously asking me to prove that your opinions are actually opinions? You said I told lies in my last post to KingD19. So prove it. Give evidence that counters my statements.

Silent Master
You said I told lies in my last post to KingD19. So prove it. Give evidence that counters my statements.

In order to do that, I need you to answer a question.

What do you call statements that have zero proof backing them up?

h1a8
In order to do that, I need you to answer a question.

What do you call statements that have zero proof backing them up? You don't need me to do anything. You said I told lies. Prove it. Prove that they are lies.

Silent Master
You don't need me to do anything. You said I told lies. Prove it. Prove that they are lies.

If you don't know the answer, just say so.

TheVaultDweller
If you don't know the answer, just say so.

He still doesn't seem to understand that he is actually responsible for proving the truth of his claims. Not the other way around.

Silent Master
He still doesn't seem to understand that he is actually responsible for proving the truth of his claims. Not the other way around.

He also doesn't seem to understand the difference between a question and a claim.

h1a8

I did prove why Preston wins. Yet there is no rebuttal to my argument.

Here's the proof again.
Preston can shoot Wesley in less than a second after the bell rings.
In one scene it took Wesley more than a few seconds to amp.
There is no scene proving that it would take Wesley less than a second to amp.
Thus it take Wesley more than a second to amp and he gets shot instantly after the bell.

h1a8
He also doesn't seem to understand the difference between a question and a claim. You said i told lies to KingD19 but don't want to prove how. This is trolling and flaming. Both are against the rules here.

Silent Master
You said i told lies to KingD19 but don't want to prove how. This is trolling and flaming. Both are against the rules here.

Do you know the difference between a question and a claim?

h1a8
Do you know the difference between a question and a claim?

So you are going to keep trolling me? Really? That has nothing to do with you saying I told lies to KingD19, absolutely nothing. Prove how I told lies to him or basically you are trolling me.

Silent Master
So you are going to keep trolling me? Really? That has nothing to do with you saying I told lies to KingD19, absolutely nothing. Prove how I told lies to him or basically you are trolling me.

Asking you relevant questions isn't trolling. and you being able to tell the difference between questions and claims is very relevant to your current argument.

h1a8
Asking you relevant questions isn't trolling. and you being able to tell the difference between questions and claims is very relevant to your current argument.
Good way to disguise your trolling in front of the mods. Coercing them to not read the entire exchange between me and you. Because if they do then they will clearly see that you are trolling.

You didn't ask a relevant question in that post. You said I told lies to KingD19. There was no question but a blatant statement that I told lies to KingD19.
What you ask of me later is irrelevant since you claimed I told lies to KingD19 and are failing to prove that they are lies. This is trolling.

Silent Master
Only, I didn't say that you told lies to King and you know it. this is just more of your usual tactic of attacking people rather than their points.

h1a8
This is the exact order of the posts.

KingD19 posted this
Gun Kata doesn't work against a guy who sees you in slow motion and can send bullets along literally otherwise impossible trajectories, which would make them unpredictable.

Then I replied with this
Wesley can do no such things before Preston shoots him after the bell.

Then you posted this.

So basically, you are saying it's a lie that Wesley can't see in slow motion and send bullets along literally otherwise impossible trajectories BEFORE Preston shoots him.

I kindly asked you to prove that it's a lie by providing evidence. You kept trolling by changing the subject (discussing opinion vs fact) and ignoring my request.

Silent Master
Thank you for proving me right, seeing as nowhere in that question did I actually say what you're claiming I did.

h1a8
Thank you for proving me right, seeing as nowhere in that question did I actually say what you're claiming I did.

Let the mods and others be the judge of it then.

"Lies" means that what I said are LIES. I was talking to KingD19. Thus you were saying that I'm telling him lies.

Silent Master
It's kind of sad that you can't tell the difference between a statement and a question.

h1a8
It's kind of sad that you can't tell the difference between a statement and a question.

How can saying "Lies" be a question?
I can say "You are a troll?" Putting a question mark at the end of a statement doesn't make it a question.

You claimed I told lies to him.

Silent Master
The fact that you had to leave out the rest of the question is pretty telling.

h1a8
The fact that you had to leave out the rest of the question is pretty telling.

The rest wasn't a question either. All of it was a statement. You just, for some strange reason, put a question mark at the end.

Doesn't matter as the first part "Lies" was a statement. So asking a question afterward is irrelevant to that fact.

Silent Master
I like how you're essentially arguing that your opinion of my question carries more weight than mine.

h1a8
I like how you're essentially arguing that your opinion of my question carries more weight than mine. I'll repost the exchange again and let the mods and posters be the judge. Clear proof that you do almost nothing but troll in every post. Then try to disguise it from the mods, assuming that they don't read the whole exchange.

Silent Master
Go ahead, just be aware that this will work out just like the last mod ruling.

h1a8
Here's the exchange.

Kingd19 posted this

I replied with this
Wesley can do no such things before Preston shoots him after the bell.

Then you posted this

Where's the question in your post?

I then replied with this.
Prove they are lies. Show me evidence that contradicts my statement.

Then this post below is your first of a long series of troll posts talking about opinions vs facts which has nothing to do with you claiming that I told KingD19 lies.
You're seriously asking me to prove that your opinions are actually opinions?

I hope the mods see this as proof that you do nothing but troll these forums.

Silent Master
The question is right here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.