Hundred-Eyes (Marco Polo) vs. Sunny (Badlands)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
https://art-s.nflximg.net/e1f78/a307c3cc2290aa6c80273138e69d1b9f3aee1f78.jpg

vs.

http://www.slimfitjackets.com/image/cache/data/slimfit/mens/coats/Into-the-Badlands-Sunny-Leather-Costume-1000x1059.jpg

Dreampanther
Hundred Eyes. Sunny's good, but he's not that good.

TheVaultDweller
What are Hundred-Eyes' best feats? Sunny has done things like this:

fHMvO_gqS5k

3-rMvOLtjqg

And it took these guys to actually beat him:

1fjklgWbT7Y

Dreampanther
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
What are Hundred-Eyes' best feats? Sunny has done things like this:

Defending his temple (alone), he killed 25 of the soldiers Kublai Khan sent to destroy his temple. After he was captured and blinded, he continued practicing his kung fu (became even more bad-ass). Killed some elite assassins sent to kill the Khan. Killed the main bad guy who practiced some hardcore praying mantis kung fu that messed up his opponents with incapacitating strikes. Fixed himself by using his own kung fu to undo the damage caused by the strikes then adapted his style to use those same strikes and obliterate his opponent.

yX7phqYE-pc

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Defending his temple (alone), he killed 25 of the soldiers Kublai Khan sent to destroy his temple. After he was captured and blinded, he continued practicing his kung fu (became even more bad-ass). Killed some elite assassins sent to kill the Khan. Killed the main bad guy who practiced some hardcore praying mantis kung fu that messed up his opponents with incapacitating strikes. Fixed himself by using his own kung fu to undo the damage caused by the strikes then adapted his style to use those same strikes and obliterate his opponent.

yX7phqYE-pc

Based on what I saw in that video, they seem pretty close overall all, IMO. Both extremely skilled, with superhuman-ish level stats. As seen in those videos I posted, Sunny has also single-handedly laid waste to large groups of opponents, and dominated one of the Barons in single combat, who has shown herself to be extremely skilled. And it took guys with straight-up superhuman strength, speed, and supernatural abilities to actually defeat him in combat. And, as seen, he is strong enough himself to dropkick someone through a brick wall, and tough enough to get back into the fight after being kicked into a metal pole hard enough to dent it. And he has other feats, like besting 4 of the Widow's personal guard at once, sending Jacobee's Regent fleeing after only a brief engagement, and dominating one of the Widow's Clippers so thoroughly that she literally chose to kill herself rather than keep fighting him.

I personally think this would be a tough match, and am not really sure who I would give the majority to.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Based on what I saw in that video, they seem pretty close overall all, IMO. Both extremely skilled, with superhuman-ish level stats....
I personally think this would be a tough match, and am not really sure who I would give the majority to.

I agree with everything you say, with the exception that I am leaning towards Hundred Eyes taking it. I watched Badlands and I am definitely a fan of Sunny, but maybe just because I saw the Marco Polo series and watched the Hundred Eyes short, I was a little more impressed with his skill and abilities.

CosmicComet
Suuny seems to take on larger crowds of people.

Hundred-eyes has struggled against jia sidao and that former woman student, whereas Sunny was pretty much untouched even against skilled opponents (i dont think the widow landed a single blow against him).

That being said we see sunny use swords more than h2h. I could see myself being convinced that hundred-eyes is more skilled h2h. Maybe.

KingD19
When Sunny went h2h, it took the Black Monks with super powers to actually take him down. Plus he's superfast and has wire-fu. 100E puts up a good fight, but goes down.

CosmicComet
They are very similar characters overall. Both loyal to bloodlusted mad men.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.