Jesse Custer vs Mxyzptlk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
With the word of God can he stop Mxy?

riv6672
You mean, send him back to the 5th dimension? Probably.

Jesse: GO HOME.
Myx leaves: poof
Myx comes back: what the hell was THAT?
Myx comes back: Hey...cut that out!
Myx comes back: You son of a...
Myx comes back: @$&#%!!!

zopzop
No. Mxy destroys him, his "God", and their entire universe with a snap of his fingers.

riv6672
Uh huh. smile

Galan007
'God' in the Preacher-verse is a joke.

Mxy gestures Jesse /w/ Genesis away.

riv6672
Cool. smile

cdtm
Absolutely.

Raw cosmic/reality altering power rarely gives defense against Willpower/emotion based attacks.

If he removed his hearing/changed his language, that would do it, but generally speaking the highest end willpower attacks in comics have no defense at all.

And why would it? Sentience and will and sentience and will, by comic book standards. Everything with self awareness behaves and thinks exactly the same, from humans to high end abstracts.

The Primal Monitor being one possible exception, who knows if it has self awareness as we know it..

Hell, I bet Purple Man can control Mxy, let alone Jesse.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
'God' in the Preacher-verse is a joke.

Mxy gestures Jesse /w/ Genesis away.

you trying to bring odg out of retirement? that's a good way to do it. thumb up

Galan007
The Mxy Twins(which ARE Mxy) displayed casual telepathy, on a creation-wide scale... And that was the same comic where DC was described as an Omniverse. Point being: Mxy's mind/will...like every other part of his character...is extremely powerful.

So no, Purple Man certainly isn't manipulating him, nor are the pathetic powers of the Preacher-verse.

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
you trying to bring odg out of retirement? that's a good way to do it. thumb up He's never coming back, lol.

It'd be nice if he still posted, though. Pissy as the guy could get, ODG was very intelligent, and almost all of his posts were well thought out, and supported by *something* of substance.

krisblaze
Why did ODG leave?

Galan007
He had a complete breakdown during a debate, iirc.

riv6672
Originally posted by cdtm
Absolutely.

Raw cosmic/reality altering power rarely gives defense against Willpower/emotion based attacks.

If he removed his hearing/changed his language, that would do it, but generally speaking the highest end willpower attacks in comics have no defense at all.

And why would it? Sentience and will and sentience and will, by comic book standards. Everything with self awareness behaves and thinks exactly the same, from humans to high end abstracts.

The Primal Monitor being one possible exception, who knows if it has self awareness as we know it..

Hell, I bet Purple Man can control Mxy, let alone Jesse.

Thats Aces. thumb up

krisblaze
He had a complete breakdown during a debate, iirc.

I thought that was the norm for him?

They don't make nerds like they used to.

cdtm
The Mxy Twins(which ARE Mxy) displayed casual telepathy, on a creation-wide scale... And that was the same comic where DC was described as an Omniverse. Point being: Mxy's mind/will...like every other part of his character...is extremely powerful.

So no, Purple Man certainly isn't manipulating him, nor are the pathetic powers of the Preacher-verse.

Depends on how the will sapping power is portrayed.

I'll use Max Lord as an easy example. Back in the 90's, his nosebleed nudge casually controlled J'onn's actions, as easily as he could control anyone else. Same exact amount of effort.

Later on, in Infinite Crisis (Or at least in Booster Gold), it started to be shown as an advanced type of telepathy, but in the 90's it was something different. Basically skirted the tp rules, as if magic.

Now apply this to Purple Man and Xavier. Would Charles's tp defenses protect him, at all?

In short, we're comparing science, with rules, to "magic", which simply works.

riv6672

I'll use Max Lord as an easy example. Back in the 90's, his nosebleed nudge casually controlled J'onn's actions, as easily as he could control anyone else. Same exact amount of effort.

Later on, in Infinite Crisis (Or at least in Booster Gold), it started to be shown as an advanced type of telepathy, but in the 90's it was something different. Basically skirted the tp rules, as if magic.

Now apply this to Purple Man and Xavier. Would Charles's tp defenses protect him, at all?

In short, we're comparing science, with rules, to "magic", which simply works.
Not sure how others'll take your reasoning, but it IS on point.

Galan007

In short, we're comparing science, with rules, to "magic", which simply works. Thing is, all things 'logical' go flying out the window when we're dealing with 5th-dimensional beings. I'm sure I don't need to explain why.

riv6672
Why?

Galan007
You want me to explain why 5D beings do not abide by 3D laws/rules, lol? You must be joking... Good one. thumb up

Flyattractor
Mxy just puts his fingers in his ears and makes Jessie into the tool he really is.

riv6672
As relates to one trumping the other in comics where street levelers can beat aliens, aliens can beat gods, gods can beat abstracts etc....yes. If you wouldnt mind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.