You Enter a Merged Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cogito
*Shameless ripoff of Carver's thread which is a shameless ripoff of a dozen prior*

Comic Universes collide and you're transported into the new universe. For the below scenarios, who/what do you choose and why?

Comic universes for the purposes of this thread include Marvel, DC, and any indie publishers you like

----

1. You may personally replace any comic book character (good, bad, or indifferent). You gain their powerset, their lifestyle, and their moral character. Who do you choose and why? (HH or lower)

2. You are transported, naked and alone, into the new 'verse. You have nothing but the powerset of Firestorm. Nobody knows you have powers until you reveal yourself. What do you choose to do with your newfound powers? Be a hero? A villain? Sit on a couch made of gold and watch TV?

3. The 'verses are separated. You get to choose which you would like to live in as a regular human. Which do you choose and why?

Sin I AM
1st. And id choose Domino. It would suck having a voice in your head. Besides too much power invites too much attention.

Cogito
I guess that's not too surprising...

But for #2 you get Firestorm's powerset whether you like it or not. You just decide what to do (or not) with it. Did you just mean that you would act like Domino?

ghostman
mr majestic. superman with a warriors attitude, willing to kill.

plus majestic has matter manipulation sooo yeah...

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Cogito
I guess that's not too surprising...

But for #2 you get Firestorm's powerset whether you like it or not. You just decide what to do (or not) with it. Did you just mean that you would act like Domino?

Not necessarily. I mean she's a pretty standard character. I wouldnt change much and luck would be on my side

StiltmanFTW
Admit it, Sin. You just want a foursome with Cable, Colossus (armored) and Wolverine laughing out loud

Cogito
Ah, the triple stuff thumb up

Sin I AM
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Admit it, Sin. You just want a foursome with Cable, Colossus (armored) and Wolverine laughing out loud

Meh.

golem370
Lobo

I would going on a vigilant spree killing people changing my appearance each time with my powers people like Joker, Sabretooth I mean true psycho and maybe Batman maybe not kill him but turn him a living weeble wobble. Then sit back and chill.

Marvel it is my favorite.

staxamillion
1. if i could replace anyone it would probably gambit. he always does his own thing when he wants even if its not that good.

powerset is BS
lifestyle - mack daddy
morals - chaotic good - combines a good heart with a free spirit

2. id be rich

3. I'd go to DC. it seems like humans do more without powers there and you could possibly get a GL Ring

carver9
Martian Manhunter

I would become a hero. That makes my chances of living extremely high.

Marvel - the scale of violence in DC seems to spread further across the planet than in Marvel.

"Id"
1. You may personally replace any comic book character (good, bad, or indifferent). You gain their powerset, their lifestyle, and their moral character. Who do you choose and why? (HH or lower)

Shaman X-Man.

I want to be an all powerful mutant living in Central Park NY as a hippie-hobo.
I am its Shaman, and the world is my Tribe.
I will look for a way to cure your disease, if not eradicate you as a form of castration to ensure that your infection does not spread into the populous.
I will intervene between the higher and lower powers for you, and fend off external forces.

DarkSaint85
You guys get their moral character as well.

Cogito
Originally posted by carver9
I would become a hero. That makes my chances of living extremely high.

I should mention that George RR Martin rules apply to this universe - i.e. anyone's fair game. Being a protagonist doesn't give you any special survival bonus if everyone's out to kill you.

riv6672
1. Wolverine.
I like the power set, and his morals wont contradict mine as far as anything major.
I wouldve picked Cage, but i'm done raising kids.

2. I'd hit up Sersi, have her train me, then hire out. I might leave the country, depending on what the registration deal is with the merge.

3. DC. Its nicer there, relatively speaking.

staxamillion
Originally posted by staxamillion
1. if i could replace anyone it would probably gambit. he always does his own thing when he wants even if its not that good.

powerset is BS
lifestyle - mack daddy
morals - chaotic good - combines a good heart with a free spirit

2. id be rich

3. I'd go to DC. it seems like humans do more without powers there and you could possibly get a GL Ring

*powerset is BA

Galan007
As long as I could competently wield Firestorm's abilities(like, say, peak Jason or Ronnie), I would choose #2. I'd probably lay as low as possible until I felt-out my new world. Once I felt confident about the state of things there, I would reveal myself. However, I'd act in more of a grey area than anything. I would right the wrongs I deemed necessary, and I would report to no one.

Anyone who doesn't like my methods gets turned into salt. thumb up

golem370
Originally posted by Galan007
As long as I could competently wield Firestorm's abilities(like, say, peak Jason or Ronnie), I would choose #2. I'd probably lay as low as possible until I felt-out my new world. Once I felt confident about the state of things there, I would reveal myself. However, I'd act in more of a grey area than anything. I would right the wrongs I deemed necessary, and I would report to no one.

Anyone who doesn't like my methods gets turned into salt. thumb up

What do you think of my choices?

Khazra Reborn
In scenario 1, I would probably be someone goofy like Machine Man, and leave Earth to have wacky beer fueled cosmic adventures with people like Drax and Lobo.

Being someone like Thor or Superman would be cool, but I would never want to shoulder the type of responsibility they have.

In scenario 2, I'm not too sure. I was never very good at chemistry, so I suppose I'd have to learn some of that crap before I could do anything. Then, assuming I'd be competent enough with Firestorm's abilities, I'd probably just live like a G off the grid somewhere, doing whatever I wanted.

riv6672
^^^Agree on your FS thinking, which is why i'd get some training. Then, like you said, live like a G. I might help out if needed, but wouldnt actively seek to join a team or anything. 20+ years in the Army was enough teamwork for me. stick out tongue

-Pr-
*Shameless ripoff of Carver's thread which is a shameless ripoff of a dozen prior*

Comic Universes collide and you're transported into the new universe. For the below scenarios, who/what do you choose and why?

Comic universes for the purposes of this thread include Marvel, DC, and any indie publishers you like

----

2. You are transported, naked and alone, into the new 'verse. You have nothing but the powerset of Firestorm. Nobody knows you have powers until you reveal yourself. What do you choose to do with your newfound powers? Be a hero? A villain? Sit on a couch made of gold and watch TV?

3. The 'verses are separated. You get to choose which you would like to live in as a regular human. Which do you choose and why?

1. Pre Marvel ****-up Cyclops. I basically have the same personality already.

2. Power-hungry villain before becoming guilty hero.

3. DC Metropolis. Pretty safe place in general.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by -Pr-
1. Pre Marvel ****-up Cyclops. I basically have the same personality already.

2. Power-hungry villain before becoming guilty hero.

3. DC Metropolis. Pretty safe place in general.

I know scotts heel turn hurts....i will hug u. Make it better

riv6672
You mean Scott's douche turn.

Flyattractor
Since someone beat me to Muh Fav.

I will go with chose #1 and pic a GL Ring. I remain indifferent. I will do whatever I want. Plus it would be nice to have THE SUPER POWERS that I can literally turn off. Ring Constructs would be major fun.

DarkSaint85

----

The Maker. He's pretty durable, and smart. I could lay low and work behind the scenes, with his loose moral character.

I make some clothes for myself first. Also, I have a chemistry based degree. I will be pretty OK, I reckon. Everything will be salty.

DC. Marvel seems to messed up, tbh. As long as it's not Gotham....

Mindship
1. Surfer (what a surprise). Pacifistic cosmic explorer with the power to kick planetary azz. Plus, I'd look way-cool flying in surfing positions. Oh, and I'd never have to have a costume dry-cleaned.

2. Hero with secret identity. This way I get to save stuff, then later watch TV.

3. Marvel. More interesting characters.

MF DELPH
1. Apocalypse. I'd finish the plan from The Twelve and ascend to celestial level godhood.

2. I'd go somewhere remote and learn to master my powers. Once I did I'd mass produce replicators (a la Star Trek) and form a tech conglomerate, making a fortune in the interim as I bring about an end to capitalism and a technological utopia on this new world where crime is at a bare minimum. Why the other super-geniuses of these worlds haven't done this on Earth makes no sense to me.

3. I choose the Star Trek Universe.

Cogito
1. Kyle Raynor. He's a chill guy with a pretty badass ring. The lady troubles might be a dealbreaker though...mmm

2. Delph doesn't understand why super-villains don't invent tech to become uber rich. I don't understand why heroes don't do a damn thing besides fight bad guys. Oh, your third world country lacks sufficient water resources? Let me turn this CO2 in the atmosphere into water and solve global warming too. etc etc. Delph's idea is a pretty good anti-crime strategy too. In Star Trek, replicators eliminate the need for currency. Unlimited resources basically eliminates crime.

3. Damn I wish I had thought of Star Trek, but I'm not going to blatantly copy an original answer. I'll go the other way and choose Star Wars. May not be the safest universe, but it does seem like there's a lot of opportunities for adventure

staxamillion
Star trek? Nice!

krisblaze
1 - Captain Comet. Excellent powers, moral compass and cosmic adventures.

2 - Same as Delph. Go somewhere and learn how to master my abilities. Start helping out humanity once I'm confident the government/corporations won't instantly take me out.

3 - Marvel, so many ways to get superpowers.

Khazra Reborn
I'm surprised how many of you guys want to run shit, too much responsibility for me I guess. Lol.

riv6672
^^^Same, in regards to too much responsibility. Not surprised at the number of people that want to run things, though; lots of megalomaniacs up in here!

DarkSaint85
Yeah, that's not the life for me. I'm OK with not being in the limelight.

riv6672
I dont even LIKE limes.

krisblaze
Who wants to run things?

Delph or Galan were the only ones who even hinted at that and neither of them claimed to want to run the world.

-Pr-
Shit, I can't believe I never thought of Star Trek.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
I know scotts heel turn hurts....i will hug u. Make it better

If only.

Originally posted by riv6672
You mean Scott's douche turn.

All of the above.

deathslash
1. Hit man

2. Destroy the world for fun

3. Marvel. DC's going to keep getting rebooted and I'm not sure what I'd end up as with each new reboot (( could go from being an A list superhero to being a ditch digger). At least with marvel, even after I get turned into a woman, I'll be more powerful than ever before.

riv6672
Originally posted by -Pr-
Shit, I can't believe I never thought of Star Trek.

If only.

All of the above.
It sucks, i know. He, BP, and Reed Richards all went that way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.