Dooku vs. Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
both at the peak of their powers.... Who wins?

1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All out

Ursumeles
Dooku in all.

UCanShootMyNova
Dooku in all.

Azronger
Dooku solidly
Dooku stomps
Dooku stomps

carthage
Dooku without much difficulty

DarthDuelist9
They're close as fighters and Force users, both excel in different areas but Dooku edges Maul out after an amazing and brutal fight.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
They're close as fighters and Force users, both excel in different areas but Dooku edges Maul out after an amazing and brutal fight.

Dunno why Dooku is getting such a big edge when he was embarrassed by pirates himself, lmao.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Dunno why Dooku is getting such a big edge when he was embarrassed by pirates himself, lmao.

The higher you rate Maul the bettet of course but every TCW character has his low moments so I don't put to much value in that, besides the edge between them isn't big and Maul's fighting style only lessens that gap.

Kurk
Filoni said that Dooku was being smart in that situation knowing that there were 30+ pirates and that he himself used numbers to defeat jedi.

Kurk
And Maul wins sabers

JKBart
1. Sabers - Dooku, 6-7/10. Maul's a bad match for Dooku, even though overall Dooku is the better swordsman.
2. Force - Dooku 10/10.
3. All out - Dooku 7-8/10.

MythLord
Originally posted by Kurk
And Maul wins sabers

laughing out loud

Tyranus sweeps. One of those pirates is enough to drop Maul given his track record.

DarthDuelist9
Yeah Dooku could only kill 15 pirates before being shot so that's actually still impressive.

MythLord
One of those pirates is enough to stalemate Anakin Skywalker. smile

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by MythLord
laughing out loud

Tyranus sweeps. One of those pirates is enough to drop Maul given his track record.

Hah, since when you so funny?

Kurk
Originally posted by JKBart
1. Sabers - Dooku, 6-7/10. Maul's a bad match for Dooku, even though overall Dooku is the better swordsman.
2. Force - Dooku 10/10.
3. All out - Dooku 7-8/10.
Dooku would have trouble with his extremely aggressive style. I don't see how he could win. Makashi's shallow slices aren't going to affect him either due to his durability.

MythLord
Dooku would have trouble with his extremely aggressive style.

Dooku was fine after Mace bullrushed him(Mace having rancor+ level strength) and held out against Yoda's aggressive style "brilliantly"... Maul's style ain't doing jack sh!t.

I don't see how he could win. Makashi's shallow slices aren't going to affect him either due to his durability.

I don't think a decapitation counts as a "shallow cut".

carthage
Maul gets owned by padawans, struggles to kill a dog that dodges his lightsaber strikes, fails to beat Obi wan with help from Savage, and gets baited and trapped by pre-prime Ahsoka.

Obviously a great fighter

Kurk
Dooku was fine after Mace bullrushed him(Mace having rancor+ level strength) and held out against Yoda's aggressive style "brilliantly"... Maul's style ain't doing jack sh!t.

I don't think a decapitation counts as a "shallow cut".
Legends Dooku wins a majority, but canon Dooku is not nearly as impressive.

Kurk
Originally posted by carthage
Maul gets owned by padawans, struggles to kill a dog that dodges his lightsaber strikes, fails to beat Obi wan with help from Savage, and gets baited and trapped by pre-prime Ahsoka.

Obviously a great fighter
continue to ignore the context

Trocity

Cuz this

https://youtu.be/1P-kfr7uCGI?t=176

DarthDuelist9
Don't mind Carthage, there are those people who are just here to troll.

carthage
continue to ignore the context

What context that he loses or gets taken down by padawans on 3-4 occasions? Can you show me any other force sensitive that've lost to lowly force users that many times in their career?

DarthAnt66
They're equals in lightsabers.

Dooku wins Force and all-out.

DarthDuelist9
What context that he loses or gets taken down by padawans on 3-4 occasions? Can you show me any other force sensitive that've lost to lowly force users that many times in their career?

Context like overestimating TPM Obi-Wan because he had him dead to rights or the Light Side of the Force taking over Kanan for example.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
They're equals in lightsabers.

Dooku wins Force and all-out.

Do you consider them equals in lightsaber combat even in Legends?

carthage
Context like overestimating TPM Obi-Wan because he had him dead to rights or the Light Side of the Force taking over Kanan for example.

He didn't have him dead to rights, he gloated like an idiot and got cut in half. Source for Kanan being "taken over by the force", and I mean an actual source and not FPJ's opinion

DarthAnt66
Especially in Legends. In Canon it gets more fuzzy, but still rough equals.

DarthDuelist9

Hmm, most people consider Legends Dooku superior to his Canon version because his weaknesses aren't that big.

DarthDuelist9
He didn't have him dead to rights, he gloated like an idiot and got cut in half. Source for Kanan being "taken over by the force", and I mean an actual source and not FPJ's opinion

Obi-Wan was hanging in a reactor shaft without any weapons so I call that dead to rights while FPJ has more knowledge about what happened then anyone else besides the storygroup so his opinion should definitely matter especially since he voiced that character and it was said on SW Celebration 2016 that the voice actors have actual input in the story concerning their character.

Beniboybling
And yet the opinion of Flioni, the Executive Producer, is to be disregarded. mmm

Lmao

KuRuPT Thanosi

I generally agree with your views, but here, I'd like for you to expand further/ Which feats of Maul and Dooku in Legends makes them equal?

Kurk
He had all those padawans under his foot.
Kenobi was hanging helpless
Kanan was helplessly blind; Tano got involved
Padawan Tano had help from the outside.

Maul's one minor grotesque quality, overconfidence, is being wanked in an effort to spread a message to the young audience watching Rebels. It is similar to the new spongebobs where Krabs is portrayed as extremely cheap and SP extremely immature 24/7. Filoni doesn't know how to write.
Do you consider them equals in lightsaber combat even in Legends?
I have Maul winning against Dooku in canon 6-7/10 and 4/10 in Legends. Originally posted by carthage
Kenobi was hanging there helpless. Maul played with his food for too long. I can't believe you would actually argue otherwise.

Nephthys
Maul's one minor grotesque quality, overconfidence,

Lol, "minor"? Nigga's lost more times than anyone in the mythos, just counting those times. He's legitimately pathetic.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Beniboybling
And yet the opinion of Flioni, the Executive Producer, is to be disregarded. mmm

Lmao

Because in this case FPJ's opinion fits in and explains everything while your interpretation of Filoni's opinion is contradicted by feats & accolades.

Kurk
Originally posted by Nephthys
Lol, "minor"? Nigga's lost more times than anyone in the mythos, just counting those times. He's legitimately pathetic.
His is being victimized by Filoni. What a shame. Still nothing though when compared to Vader

KuRuPT Thanosi
His is being victimized by Filoni. What a shame. Still nothing though when compared to Vader

You're right, Maul hasn't beaten half of the people Anakin has.

Nephthys

Vader may have lost more times due to his sheer exposure, yeah. I think Revan has also lost 5 times in total (lmao). But still, Maul's lost 5 times (Kenobi, Kenobi, Ahsoka, Kanan, Vader) purely because of his arrogance and overconfodence. That's hysterical.

Kurk
Originally posted by Nephthys
Vader may have lost more times due to his sheer exposure, yeah. I think Revan has also lost 5 times in total (lmao). But still, Maul's lost 5 times (Kenobi, Kenobi, Ahsoka, Kanan, Vader) purely because of his arrogance and overconfodence. That's hysterical.
Sidious lost to Windu because of his overconfidence as well and had to beg for his life. Vader was overconfident as well and ended up as cripple lol. All sith have overconfidence issues.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Anakin beating the Brother and Sister is better than anything Maul ever did wink wink

Rebel95
Dooku, but it definitely would not be a stomp. Maul's been pretty underrated recently imo

Kurk
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Anakin beating the Brother and Sister is better than anything Maul ever did wink wink Completely out of proportion comparison as only the chosen one can do that.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Agreed, and hence the wink but it still underlines the clear difference in power between the two

Kurk
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Agreed, and hence the wink but it still underlines the clear difference in power between the two
except Anakin fails at replicating that power on demand. He has to rely on his emotions to get himself riled up. He couldn't even defeat Kenobi on Mustafar lol! laughing

Darth Thor
Chicken leg Maul's physical enahmacements would give Dooku hell and might even grant Maul the win IMO.

Otherwise SOD Maul would lose to Dooku after a good fight.

TenebrousWay
Dooku solidly. While not easy, its those kind of fights where the victor isnt particularly threatened to lose, unless he does something stupid.

EmperorSidious2
Dooku in all IMO. Saber will be the toughest fight for him taking a 6/10 win.

Trocity
Tyranus sweeps.

Rebel95
except Anakin fails at replicating that power on demand. He has to rely on his emotions to get himself riled up. He couldn't even defeat Kenobi on Mustafar lol! laughing
He got overconfident. He was driving Obi Wan back the entire time

Kurk
Originally posted by Rebel95
He got overconfident. He was driving Obi Wan back the entire time
Not through TK is what I meant

quanchi112
except Anakin fails at replicating that power on demand. He has to rely on his emotions to get himself riled up. He couldn't even defeat Kenobi on Mustafar lol! laughing laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Chicken leg Maul's physical enahmacements would give Dooku hell and might even grant Maul the win IMO.

Otherwise SOD Maul would lose to Dooku after a good fight. You doubt Maul at every turn. Disgusting.

DarthDuelist9

Otherwise SOD Maul would lose to Dooku after a good fight.

Maul with his first pair of legs would probably a even worse matchup for Tyranus indeed. Then again SOD Maul is more powerful then that incarnation and considering that the main difference between both combatant lies in the Force could mean he's better equipped.

SunRazer
Tyranus wins all rounds, but it's a good fight.

Beniboybling
Because in this case FPJ's opinion fits in and explains everything while your interpretation of Filoni's opinion is contradicted by feats & accolades. You said that the opinion of Dave Filoni is not Canon and therefore "does not matter", that seemed like a blanket claim exclusive of interpretation, so again, why do FPJ's words hold greater weight?

Ziggystardust
You said that the opinion of Dave Filoni is not Canon and therefore "does not matter", that seemed like a blanket claim exclusive of interpretation, so again, why do FPJ's words hold greater weight?

They do not. smile

Darth Thor
Maul with his first pair of legs would probably a even worse matchup for Tyranus indeed.

Disagree.

Maul was at his "physical" peak in those legs. And physical beasts is something Dooku has been known to struggle against. Plus "Revival" Maul clearly packed a punch with TK as well.

But Given no version of Maul will beat Dooku in the Force, I think his best bet is overpowering Dooku in martial prowess, which I believe Chicken leg Maul has the best shot at achieving.

Darth Thor
You said that the opinion of Dave Filoni is not Canon and therefore "does not matter", that seemed like a blanket claim exclusive of interpretation, so again, why do FPJ's words hold greater weight?

Perhaps because all opinions are prone to bias. But Filoni has shown (and outright admitted) a lot more bias towards Ahsoka than FPJ has against Kanan or towards Maul.

ILS
You said that the opinion of Dave Filoni is not Canon and therefore "does not matter", that seemed like a blanket claim exclusive of interpretation, so again, why do FPJ's words hold greater weight? They don't; but I would argue that the abilities of Force users aren't static. Look at Obi-Wan. Look at Savage. Look at Rey. Look at Kanan versus both the Inquisitor and Maul. All of them have been in situations where they should have been the inferior party but, pause a second - the Force! - and then they are on top.

In other words, the Force is a plot device which tends to make up it's own rules. In other words, sometimes Star Wars writers aren't great at their job. In universe, FPJ's interpretation of it being a moment of oneness/giving oneself over to the Force entirely makes perfect sense, and even without being able to put a label on what happened, does appear to be one of these "in the zone" moments.

But we all knew that.

Darth Thor
Yeah kind of obvious it was some kind of oneness amp given he performed better against Maul than Ahsoka did.

But even in that state, it wasn a performance he could have carried on for long given Kanan drops to the floor right after.

DarthDuelist9
What ILS and Darth Thor said.

juggernaut74
Lord Tyranus for the clean sweep.

I can't see Maul replicating Dooku's domination of Kenobi.

quanchi112
Disagree.

Maul was at his "physical" peak in those legs. And physical beasts is something Dooku has been known to struggle against. Plus "Revival" Maul clearly packed a punch with TK as well.

But Given no version of Maul will beat Dooku in the Force, I think his best bet is overpowering Dooku in martial prowess, which I believe Chicken leg Maul has the best shot at achieving. Maul was not at his best with his chicken legs. You have no real basis for this ridiculously ignorant stance.

juggernaut74
Has Maul ever used force lightning in legends or canon?

I don't recall him doing so.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Has Maul ever used force lightning in legends or canon?

I don't recall him doing so.

No he hasn't.

quanchi112
Lord Tyranus for the clean sweep.

I can't see Maul replicating Dooku's domination of Kenobi. It is about the two against each other not against Kenobi. Kenobi bested Anakin but lost to Dooku so what you say makes no sense. It is irrelevant, sport.

juggernaut74
Then what is revelant?

Darth Thor
Then what is revelant?

It's unlikely Lightning would win the fight. I'm sure Maul can block that with his Saber.

Azronger
He failed to do so against Mighella. Why should he be successful now?

juggernaut74
Wasn't Dooku sorta holding back when Anakin beat him? I recall a thread dedicated to this a while back.

quanchi112
Then what is revelant? How the two would match up. Pretty dumb question, guy.

Ursumeles
Wasn't Dooku sorta holding back when Anakin beat him? I recall a thread dedicated to this a while back.
Nah, not at the end.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by quanchi112
How the two would match up. Pretty dumb question, guy. I was actually asking for something revelant as to who would win.

quanchi112
I was actually asking for something revelant as to who would win. Abc logic isn't relevant.

juggernaut74
Abc logic isn't relevant. Give me examples of what would be revelant if you can.

Or better yet just say who wins and why you think so.

quanchi112
Give me examples of what would be revelant if you can.

Or better yet just say who wins and why you think so. Maul, quicker, more agile, and more mobile. Dooku also lacks the stamina to contend with Maul in a drawn out fight.

EmperorSidious2
Maul, quicker, more agile, and more mobile. Dooku also lacks the stamina to contend with Maul in a drawn out fight.

Pretty much everything you said or at least a lot of what you said is wrong. Dooku doesn't lack the stamina to withstand this fight. He's fought drawn out fights with equal or greater skill than maul, so I'm not seeing what you really point is. Also Dooku has a greater skill in the force than Maul. How will he overcome that edge in the force? Then you look at sabers where Maul has the best chance, Dooku has handled agressive power players in Anakin, Sora Bulq, Yoda, Savage, Grevious etc all to varying degrees. So I mean I never terms of Stamina and Strenght, and Speed Dooku can handle Maul. In the force, Maul has not shown that same ability to be able to handle Dooku.

Deronn_solo
It's funny how the same idiots fall for Quan's lame attempts at trolling, lmao.

I swear, most of you guys aren't even operating with 1/4 a brain.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Azronger
He failed to do so against Mighella. Why should he be successful now?

So you're claiming Maul is weaker in the Force than AOTC Obi-Wan?

quanchi112
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Pretty much everything you said or at least a lot of what you said is wrong. Dooku doesn't lack the stamina to withstand this fight. He's fought drawn out fights with equal or greater skill than maul, so I'm not seeing what you really point is. Also Dooku has a greater skill in the force than Maul. How will he overcome that edge in the force? Then you look at sabers where Maul has the best chance, Dooku has handled agressive power players in Anakin, Sora Bulq, Yoda, Savage, Grevious etc all to varying degrees. So I mean I never terms of Stamina and Strenght, and Speed Dooku can handle Maul. In the force, Maul has not shown that same ability to be able to handle Dooku. He tired very quickly in rots. He also bailed out of a drawn out duel with Yoda. Kenobi easily blocked his fl just as Yoda did. It isn't that hard to negate his long ranged powers.

Maul crushed savage while savage choked Dooku at his mercy. Pathetic. Maul ftw.

quanchi112
It's funny how the same idiots fall for Quan's lame attempts at trolling, lmao.

I swear, most of you guys aren't even operating with 1/4 a brain. Trolling ????

confused

Surtur
Trolling ????

confused

You don't know what trolling means? Google it, I know you're good at googling shit bro.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
You don't know what trolling means? Google it, I know you're good at googling shit bro. I am not trolling. That's the point, kid.

Surtur
I am not trolling. That's the point, kid.

Are you sure? Google and find out.

juggernaut74

Maul crushed savage while savage choked Dooku at his mercy. Pathetic. Maul ftw. Originally posted by quanchi112
Abc logic isn't relevant. Genius.

Darth Thor
laughing out loud

quanchi112
Genius. I just exposed his awful abc logic. It even favors Maul but Maul wins based off the advantages I previously listed. smile

Kurk
How has Dooku demonstrated in canon that he is capable of fighting off power-house users? He lost to Quinlan Vos and Anakin; the former using a sporadic lightsaber form which was noted as one of the Count's weaknesses causing him to over-extend.

Dooku tired against Ventress and the night-sisters pretty quickly, I don't see how he'll last with Maul without spamming lightning, which Maul has shown the ability to block.

Maul's Juyo is more mobile and flexible than Anakin's rigid Djem So
Maul is physically superior to Anakin.
Maul is not emotionally hindered like Anakin.

Seeing that Dooku struggled against pre-prime Anakin in every one of their TCW duels it only make sense to expect Maul to best the Canon coutn without too much difficulty.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Surtur
Are you sure? Google and find out. I am sure. You seem like an ignorant troll tbh reading your rants in the gdf.

DarthDuelist9
I wouldn't say he wins more easily then Anakik could, he obviously has a better chance against Canon Dooku.

PS In some TCW magazine it was noted that Maul could utilise Lightning so his knowledge on it is quite advanced which could aid him in countering it.

relentless1
Dooku fought on Yoda level for a short time; arguably stalemating him in a Force feel out. I don't see Maul being able to fight Yoda at all. Dooku takes majority based on being a superior Force user and saber duelist. I bring attention to Dooku fending off three Nightsisters while drugged as a prime example of how good the guy is.

Darth Thor
How has Dooku demonstrated in canon that he is capable of fighting off power-house users? He lost to Quinlan Vos and Anakin; the former using a sporadic lightsaber form which was noted as one of the Count's weaknesses causing him to over-extend.

Dooku tired against Ventress and the night-sisters pretty quickly, I don't see how he'll last with Maul without spamming lightning, which Maul has shown the ability to block.

Maul's Juyo is more mobile and flexible than Anakin's rigid Djem So
Maul is physically superior to Anakin.
Maul is not emotionally hindered like Anakin.

Seeing that Dooku struggled against pre-prime Anakin in every one of their TCW duels it only make sense to expect Maul to best the Canon coutn without too much difficulty.

Stop helping Quanchi make a good argument. It's better to see him try and fail miserably:

"ABC doesn't count Unless I say it does!!!" laughing out loud

quanchi112
Stop helping Quanchi make a good argument. It's better to see him try and fail miserably:

"ABC doesn't count Unless I say it does!!!" laughing out loud You once again back down and do not grasp the context behind my statement. Even according to his abc logic Maul outperformed Dooku against Opress. So it was entirely ridiculous and misguided to bring that up as a legitimate example in favor of Dooku. smile

quanchi112
Originally posted by relentless1
Dooku fought on Yoda level for a short time; arguably stalemating him in a Force feel out. I don't see Maul being able to fight Yoda at all. Dooku takes majority based on being a superior Force user and saber duelist. I bring attention to Dooku fending off three Nightsisters while drugged as a prime example of how good the guy is. Abc logic doesn't matter at all. laughing out loud

juggernaut74
Originally posted by relentless1
Dooku fought on Yoda level for a short time; arguably stalemating him in a Force feel out. I don't see Maul being able to fight Yoda at all. Dooku takes majority based on being a superior Force user and saber duelist. I bring attention to Dooku fending off three Nightsisters while drugged as a prime example of how good the guy is. Dooku>>Maul.

quanchi112
Dooku>>Maul. Then make a legitimate case because of of this point in time you have yet to do so hence why Maul wins.

juggernaut74
Then make a legitimate case because of of this point in time you have yet to do so hence why Maul wins. He's more powerful in the ways of the force with much better feats.

And he actually wins when he fights as to where Maul usually gets his ass kicked.

DarthDuelist9
Dooku still lost to the Nightsisters in a sabers contest while the poisining only affected his eyes to my knowledge.

juggernaut74
Dooku still lost to the Nightsisters in a sabers contest while the poisining only affected his eyes to my knowledge. Really!!!!

That's you're argument!!?

laughing out loud

quanchi112
He's more powerful in the ways of the force with much better feats.

And he actually wins when he fights as to where Maul usually gets his ass kicked. What feats ? This comes down to their skills with the light saber since Yoda who was more powerful wasn't so powerful he could easily defeat Dooku with the force. Try to actually support your laughable and asinine claims.

Another vague statement not even resembling an evidentiary based point. I take it you concede. The writing has already been on the wall.

juggernaut74
Well I could use ABC logic but that only works when it benefits you.

LOL.

MythLord
Jesus Christ the arguments in favour of Maul are awful...

Darth Thor

Well what do you expect with Quanchi taking the lead laughing out loud

Kurk
Then rebuttal them you coward

juggernaut74
Well what do you expect with Quanchi taking the lead laughing out loud laughing out loud

MythLord
Then rebuttal them you coward

And risk getting cancer? Your horrendous "Anakin is hindered when he fights Dooku, is slower and weaker than Maul" is already giving me influenza, now I have to get in a debate with Quanchi -- perhaps the biggest trolling waste of space to ever grace KMC besides Time Immemorial?

Are you insane?

quanchi112
Well I could use ABC logic but that only works when it benefits you.

LOL. Maul doesn't win based off that I just exposed in that specific example it actually favors Maul not Dooku which is hilarious for bringing it up.

quanchi112
Jesus Christ the arguments in favour of Maul are awful... Such as ?

quanchi112
Well what do you expect with Quanchi taking the lead laughing out loud If you can't attack my argument then you've clearly lost you just won't admit it. Ad hominem attacks being the sole reason for posting is what trolling actually is. Myth lord and yourself don't attack positions it's just posters. Try to actually debate if you would like to be taken seriously.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.