How powerful do you think Luke will be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
How powerful do you think Luke will be in episode VIII? (and IX)

Geistalt
Stronger than Vader. (Probably) stronger than Sidious, too.

Emperordmb
Stronger than Vader, hopefully stronger than Sidious.

NewGuy01
Inb4 Kanan >

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb

thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
About Legends Dooku level.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Emperordmb

Beniboybling
God-like, yeah.

Darth Thor
> Yoda

UCanShootMyNova
You guys overestimate canon.

Darth Thor
Well he has the near potential of Anakin and he's been mastering the ways of the Force for 30+ years, but without being burnt to a crisp like what dented Ani's Potential. So it's only logical really.

UCanShootMyNova
He has near the potential of Anakin in Legends not canon.

Qui Gon mastered the ways of the Force for about 30 years.

Rebel95
He's gonna be the new Yoda. Probably better I think

Rebel95
Originally posted by Geistalt
Stronger than Vader. (Probably) stronger than Sidious, too.
Hopefully

Darth Thor
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
He has near the potential of Anakin in Legends not canon.

Qui Gon mastered the ways of the Force for about 30 years.

"Luke you can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen this" ESB- Canon

In the audio commentary to the ESB Lightsabers fight Lucas states Vader has lost a load of potential but Luke still has that.- Again Canon.

Where was Qui-Gon ever implied to have the potential to surpass Sidious?

UCanShootMyNova
George Lucas's statements are still considered canon? Because I'm pretty sure he was thrown to the side by Disney like the dirty rag he is.

Darth Thor
George Lucas's statements are still considered canon?

Unless contradicted I'd say yes. If you buy the latest version of the OT it's still Lucas's commentary on there.

At the very least it's as valid as Filoni's Rebels commentary or Abrams TFA commentary.

Beniboybling
If they follow Lucas' general vision for what Luke was to become, he will be God-like yeah. Or whatever that looks like within the scope of the Canonverse.

And frankly that's the impression I got from TFA.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Unless contradicted I'd say yes. If you buy the latest version of the OT it's still Lucas's commentary on there.

At the very least it's as valid as Filoni's Rebels commentary or Abrams TFA commentary.

Not valid at all then. smile

Beniboybling
The validity of Lucas' statement is hardly relevant to the path Disney will or will not take in regards to Luke, which is to say, whatever they want.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
The validity of Lucas' statement is hardly relevant to the path Disney will or will not take in regards to Luke, which is to say, whatever they want.

And that's fine. I'm just saying there's no basis for him being powerful even in comparison to Legends levels except him looking cool. I estimate around Legends Dooku level.

Beniboybling
Er okay? Frankly I don't think you've properly articulated why Luke won't be better than the likes of Sidious, Vader or Yoda at all.

Emperordmb
Let alone Dooku

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Er okay? Frankly I don't think you've properly articulated why Luke won't be better than the likes of Sidious, Vader or Yoda at all.

Because of how scaled back they've shown Force users to be in the new movies.

The Ellimist
Because of how scaled back they've shown Force users to be in the new movies.

Kylo Ren and Rey? Really? Luke's obviously far more powerful than either.

The_Tempest
They do seem to be shooting for the sparse minimalism of the OT. Even Pablo Hidalgo said Maul would beat Kylo's candy ass.

UCanShootMyNova
Yes but I really doubt they're going to portray Luke or Snoke in a manner that depicts them as Force gods. That's not what the movies have done so far and I don't think it's what they will do.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by The_Tempest
They do seem to be shooting for the sparse minimalism of the OT. Even Pablo Hidalgo said Maul would beat Kylo's candy ass.

Really? :P That's pretty nifty tbh.

Beniboybling
Because of how scaled back they've shown Force users to be in the new movies. Relative to other entries into Canon? They haven't scaled back anything.

The Ellimist
Yes but I really doubt they're going to portray Luke or Snoke in a manner that depicts them as Force gods. That's not what the movies have done so far and I don't think it's what they will do.

They won't make him NJO+ Luke, but there will probably be some supplementary literature that will. It's typically difficult to get god-tier feats in visual mediums anyway.

Beniboybling
They'll lay the ground work for it yeah, but within the scope of on-screen SW I'm expecting him to be beyond anything we've seen.

UCanShootMyNova
In movies? Maybe. In Legends? Not beyond Dooku level.

Beniboybling
Who cares about Legends. He'd still ragdoll Canon Dooku. smile

UCanShootMyNova
Nah.

playa1258
Most powerful force user in Disney canon.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Most powerful force user in Disney canon. Prepare to fear Snoke, girl.

playa1258
Pretty obvious you fear Luke.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
Pretty obvious you fear Luke. Nah, you clearly worship the guy who hides from his problems. You admire a coward.

Rebel95
Luke is probably more powerful than Snoke, we'll see though

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rebel95
Luke is probably more powerful than Snoke, we'll see though Oh we shall see.

relentless1
now that they have the tech they'd better make Luke a ****in badass with a saber and th Force. I give the OT a pass because they didn't have that kind of special effects back in those days but theres no excuse now, especially if they can make a 80 year old Christopher Lee into a ninja.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.