Captain America Badlands Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Captain America has to run the following gauntlet of Into the Badlands characters.

The gauntlet:
1. Baron Jacobee - Pick-axe and sword.
2. The Widow - Dual swords.
3. Baron Quinn - The longsword he used against the Widow. No tumor weakness for this match.
4. Sunny - His normal pair of swords.

The characters get vibranium replicas of their gear. Cap gets his shield.

Round 1 - Cap gets rest and recovery time between each match.
Round 2 - Cap has to face them one after the other, no rest.

Bonus Round - Steve has to face off against the 3 Dark Monks. No shield.

Dreampanther
My money is on Cap until the bonus round. I think despite his skill, strength, stamina and durability the 3 Dark Monks might be too much for him, especially without his shield.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Dreampanther
My money is on Cap until the bonus round. I think despite his skill, strength, stamina and durability the 3 Dark Monks might be too much for him, especially without his shield.

I think that Sunny could at least present a challenge to him though, especially in round 2. He's not quite as strong or as durable, but he's definitely a match in speed, skill and agility, and can do serious damage with those swords if he lands hits. Cap has shown very good durability against blunt force and energy attacks, but has also shown that he can be pierced by blades/bullets, just like everyone else.

How about Cap vs the 3 Barons? Think he can take all 3 at once, presuming he has his shield?

Dreampanther
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I think that Sunny could at least present a challenge to him though, especially in round 2. He's not quite as strong or as durable, but he's definitely a match in speed, skill and agility, and can do serious damage with those swords if he lands hits. Cap has shown very good durability against blunt force and energy attacks, but has also shown that he can be pierced by blades/bullets, just like everyone else.

How about Cap vs the 3 Barons? Think he can take all 3 at once, presuming he has his shield?

Sunny is very good - I would put him in say Daredevil's class in the MCU. Will be interesting to see what feats Iron Fist will demonstrate in comparison with Sunny and DD. However, I think Cap is a touch out of their league. I don't see Sunny or DD going toe to toe with Iron Man or Spider-Man yet when Cap had a showdown with them he not only beat Peter, but had me believing for a while that he was going to tear Tony a new one.

As for the 3 Dark Monks, mostly, I think it will depend on who writes it and in which universe it takes place. Honestly, I think three of them might be too much for Cap, unless he catches them by surprise with a shield throw and incapacitates one immediately. Then he might be able to hold off one attacker with his shield while dealing with the other and as we all know, Cap only has to get lucky once with a punch or a kick. But those monks are ridiculously skilled, strong and fast and I would say mostly my money would be on them, even if Cap did have his shield.

I haven't seen that fight in a while, though, so I might have to watch it again to see if I can compare it to Cap's feats in Civil War.

TheVaultDweller
Sunny is very good - I would put him in say Daredevil's class in the MCU. Will be interesting to see what feats Iron Fist will demonstrate in comparison with Sunny and DD. However, I think Cap is a touch out of their league. I don't see Sunny or DD going toe to toe with Iron Man or Spider-Man yet when Cap had a showdown with them he not only beat Peter, but had me believing for a while that he was going to tear Tony a new one.

I personally think that Sunny would beat MCU Daredevil quite solidly in a one-on-one match. Matt's good, and has done well against groups of guys before, but I don't see him doing anywhere near as well in that warehouse fight as Sunny did. Nor do I see him lasting anywhere near as long against the Dark Monks. Sunny has also displayed much greater striking power than Matt.

And different people have varying views on those two specific fights you bring up. Some chalk most of it up to PIS, or whatever. I am not going to get into that now. But important to note that A. This was a noob Spiderman, who still had very little experience up until that point and B. It's not like Cap beat him unconscious with his bare hands or anything. He used the environment to pin him down long enough to escape. And he had a number of advantages when he was facing Iron Mas as well, such as plot, a tag team partner, the environment, plus the fact that Iron Man wasn't trying to seriously hurt him, just get him out of the way to pursue Bucky. And neither Spiderman or Iron Man used piercing weapons against him.

Not saying he would win. But he would make Steve work for it IMO. Especially if he's already had to take on three of the Barons, one after the other.

As for the 3 Dark Monks, mostly, I think it will depend on who writes it and in which universe it takes place. Honestly, I think three of them might be too much for Cap, unless he catches them by surprise with a shield throw and incapacitates one immediately. Then he might be able to hold off one attacker with his shield while dealing with the other and as we all know, Cap only has to get lucky once with a punch or a kick. But those monks are ridiculously skilled, strong and fast and I would say mostly my money would be on them, even if Cap did have his shield.

I haven't seen that fight in a while, though, so I might have to watch it again to see if I can compare it to Cap's feats in Civil War.

Well, I meant the Barons Jacobee, Quinn and the Widow, with the vibranium weapons, while he had his shield. I figured the three Monks would be too much, but just threw them in there. And I think Cap vs all 4 opponents in the gauntlet at once would also be a bit much, even for him.

random letters
Cap gets to the bonus round and loses.

Sunny is very good - I would put him in say Daredevil's class in the MCU.

They're roughly equal in skill, but Sunny has a good deal more striking power. I think he once kicked someone through a brick wall. By MCU standards he'd be slightly superhuman, though not at Cap levels.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Agreed here, in fact, I'd venture to say Sunny might be slightly better in those areas.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.