Starship Troopers [Reboot]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bashar Teg
yes, really wacko

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/starship-troopers-reboot-works-943882

Surtur
It's like they purposely want you to hate this film, that is why in the title of the article they needed to point out the guy doing this is also doing a..Zac Efron and Dwayne Johnson Baywatch movie.

Bashar Teg
Trollywood

Surtur
WHY IS A BAYWATCH MOVIE BEING MADE?!

Bashar Teg
for the lulz, of course

Surtur
Is the Rock going to just Rock Bottom a b*tch on the beach? It has to happen.

Why Rocky? Why did you sell out? This is worse then that time you joined the Corporation.

Bashar Teg
probably just gonna run around, body caked up with way too much baby oil, and tell corny jokes.

i really like dwayne johnson but he's makes some very poor choices in movie roles.

Inhuman
The first Starship Troopers is already pretty much perfect. No need for this thumb down

Surtur
I still have the first movie on VHS. Neil Patrick Harris is like..using telepathy and shit.

Inhuman
I remember the first time I saw ST. It looked like a made for TV sci-fi movie. After the first hour couldnt stop watching. It ended up being like 3 hours long or so.

Robtard
Rather enjoyed the first film, it's cheesy, but Verhoeven made it work.

Open to a remake as it doesn't take away from the original, but I'm skeptical of it being good, or even cheesy yet charming like the original.

Kazenji
The movie needed a reboot after those shit sequels that were made

anyway i wonder if they'll stick closer to the book this time around.

Impediment
The first film is cheesy awesomeness that I consider a great watch.

Surtur
Neil Patrick Harris+ telepathy.

Nothing else needs to be said, period.

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Neil Patrick Harris+ telepathy.

Nothing else needs to be said, period.

Dude, NPH was good in that(is he bad in anything?), plus, we got the long awaited cinematic debut of Johnny Effing Rico. Rico's Roughneck!

hPHbXdHRHOc

Honestly, if you have a problem with this gem of a film, you're probably a terrorist supporter who just hates freedom.

Bashar Teg
I didn't much care for.

Surtur
Do you wanna live forever?!!

Well go fight some motherf*cking bugs!

Remember the creepy scene where the dude with the blonde hair is like playing an instrument and watching people dance?

riv6672
Originally posted by Robtard
Dude, NPH was good in that(is he bad in anything?), plus, we got the long awaited cinematic debut of Johnny Effing Rico. Rico's Roughneck!

hPHbXdHRHOc

Honestly, if you have a problem with this gem of a film, you're probably a terrorist supporter who just hates freedom.
The movie is special to me cuz its how we explained to my kids i was going off to war. They'd always ask if i was fighting Bugs when they wrote.

That said, i'll check out the new one, see if its good.

BruceSkywalker
this better be ultra violent

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
Do you wanna live forever?!!

Well go fight some motherf*cking bugs!

Remember the creepy scene where the dude with the blonde hair is like playing an instrument and watching people dance?

Ace Levy (Jake Busey, spawn of Gary Busey)

Surtur
Yes and forgive me but..didn't the instruments like..glow in the dark, or some shit?

Robtard
It was a neon green violin.

Starship Troopers historian and J. Rico aficionado, at your service.

carthage
The original was a good film and though it's been six years since I've read the novel it was a good book too. Hopefully these guys can pull it off.

Patient_Leech
Oh Jesus, I didn't know this was a thing. Crap. I don't have high hopes considering the duo involved.

riv6672
Originally posted by carthage
The original was a good film and though it's been six years since I've read the novel it was a good book too. Hopefully these guys can pull it off.
The book is superb, and the movie is 90% nothing like it, but still a good movie.
One of the best examples of differing significantly from the source material and still turning out a fun to watch flick.

Kazenji
This movie has no hope of being good, the guys that wrote the script for Freddy vs Jason & the recent Friday the 13th is writing this.

riv6672
Hmm. Not sure how serial killing acumen plays into sci fi success....huh

Kazenji
Well the point is that they haven't done anything good so far.

jinXed by JaNx
I'm thinking...,Ice Cube as the Commanding officer and Jaden Smith as Johnny Rico. Directed by Robert Rodriguez

Kazenji
Yep......jaden looks very Filipino.... no expression

riv6672
I dont get it.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I'm thinking...Jaden Smith as Johnny Rico.

Because in space... No one can hear the screams of the audience.

Kazenji
Originally posted by riv6672
I dont get it.

with what i said or Jinxed?

riv6672
That whole exchange.

Kazenji
Ummm okay...and here i was thinking you've read the book.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Kazenji
Yep......jaden looks very Filipino.... no expression

As did Casper Van Dien?

Dreampanther

thumb up

riv6672
Longer ago than you've been alive, Kaz...stick out tongue

Add that to my TBI and PTSD...things fall by the wayside occasionally. confused

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Because in space... No one can hear the screams of the audience.

laughing out loud

Well how about Kevin Hart and Rock?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
As did Casper Van Dien?

Talking about this remake of the movie...yeah?

and someone brings up Jaden Smith.

riv6672
Someone always does, Kaz.

Dreampanther
laughing out loud

Well how about Kevin Hart and Rock?

I like both of them, but I think The Rock is booked until at least 2019. He seriously has to be the hardest working man in Hollywood.

riv6672
Yeah he does.
This was brought up in a different thread earlier this year, and i listed a bunch of movies he was slated to be/star in. The number's likely grown by now.

Edit:
Here's a link that popped up when i was Googling his IMDB just now.
He's into double digits.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Rock-Movies-List-Upcoming-Films-Starring-Dwayne-Johnson-133037.html

jinXed by JaNx
He seriously has to be the hardest working man in Hollywood.

Working hard at making shit.

Esau Cairn
Talking about this remake of the movie...yeah?

and someone brings up Jaden Smith.

Still don't understand your "looking" like a Filipino comment...?

Dreampanther
Still don't understand your "looking" like a Filipino comment...?

Johnny Rico is supposed to be Filipino.

Esau Cairn
Johnny Rico is supposed to be Filipino.

In the novel or the movie?

Dreampanther
In the novel or the movie?

In the novel. In the movie his parents were white so it made sense that he was white (I assume they cast them after they cast him), though they kept Buenos Aires as his hometown.

riv6672
Working hard at making shit.
The one (your opinion on the quality of projects) doesnt negate the other (Dreampanther's opinion on the large number of projects worked on in a short amount of time).

Esau Cairn
In the novel. In the movie his parents were white so it made sense that he was white (I assume they cast them after they cast him), though they kept Buenos Aires as his hometown.

Oh ok.
Did his ethnicity play a significant factor in the novel?

I honestly thought casting Casper Van Dien as the "All American White Boy" was pretty much part of the satirical appeal of the movie.

Dreampanther
Oh ok.
Did his ethnicity play a significant factor in the novel?

I honestly thought casting Casper Van Dien as the "All American White Boy" was pretty much part of the satirical appeal of the movie.

You could be right wink

Don't think it matters that much, except that Heinlein kind of made a big deal about it, since he deliberately wrote the novel so you wouldn't find out his ethnicity until the end. That way the reader would identify with the character first before he or she realised he wasn't "All American White Boy", as you put it. laughing out loud

"1. In the first chapter, we come to know that the protagonist is named Johnnie.

2. In Chapter 6, we find out that his mother calls him Juanito (diminutive of Juan).

3. In Chapter 12, we are told that his full name is Juan Rico, son of Emilio Rico.

4. In the penultimate chapter, Chapter 13, Rico reveals that his native tongue is Tagalog."

In the movie, however, it shouldn't matter that much, unless they plan to stick closer to the source material this time.

Esau Cairn
Regardless of Johnnie speaking Tagalog, I've never met a Filo named,Juanito.

jinXed by JaNx
The one (your opinion on the quality of projects) doesnt negate the other (Dreampanther's opinion on the large number of projects worked on in a short amount of time).

Yes it does.
it doesn't matter how a movie is made or how much passion and effort is invested because a bad movie is still a bad movie. It doesn't matter what you ate before taking a shit....,a turd is still a turd. stick out tongue

I like Rock. I just want to see him do better movies.

riv6672
Opinions affect math. Cool.

Dreampanther

riv6672
^^^Any of my kids answer a math question like that, i will beat them with a phone book.

Surtur
Just knowing that someone actually had sex with Gary Busey is enough to send a chill down your spine. My spine is already cold because of all the metal in it.

I might possibly be the person on this board that is the closest thing to a cyborg.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah he does.
This was brought up in a different thread earlier this year, and i listed a bunch of movies he was slated to be/star in. The number's likely grown by now.

Edit:
Here's a link that popped up when i was Googling his IMDB just now.
He's into double digits.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Rock-Movies-List-Upcoming-Films-Starring-Dwayne-Johnson-133037.html

After reading the premise of Rampage, I kind of want to see a movie where a giant-sized Dwayne Johnson is stomping through a city.

John Murdoch
So that means my answer of "I don't care when the trains intersect as long as I'm in Milwaukee on time...wait, why in the world am I going to Milwaukee?!" would work?

stick out tongue

EDIT: That was in response to Dreampanther's article excerpt from above.

riv6672
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
After reading the premise of Rampage, I kind of want to see a movie where a giant-sized Dwayne Johnson is stomping through a city.
Someday...love

jinXed by JaNx
Opinions affect math. Cool.

When the equation is about opinions, yea stick out tongue

riv6672
When the equation is about my opinion, yea stick out tongue
thumb up

Kazenji
Paul Verhoeven shares his thoughts

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/paul-verhoeven-shares-his-thoughts-on-the-starship-troopers-remake-220

Surtur
Originally posted by Robtard
It was a neon green violin.

Starship Troopers historian and J. Rico aficionado, at your service.

It was..and it was glorious:

kjD62r9einQ

I like how Michael Ironside says he "expects the best, and gives the best" and then one of the crates he gives them has footballs and neon green musical instruments.

"Here is some booze and some neon musical stuff, most of you will die tomorrow".

Gary Busey's child is genuinely excited when he see's that instrument. He's not just making the best of a bad situation there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.