Darth Plagueis and Darth Sidious (Post unbalance) vs Darth Sidious (EoTPM)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Fight takes place on flat, neutral terrain.

Ursumeles
Based on Az' comment?

Anyway, Team handily. Either one could possible solo for a minority.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yiiz

Azronger
Duo wins a duel
EoTPM wins a Force battle
All-out could go either way

The Ellimist
I think Az makes a good point regarding the power boost; EoTPM could win.

UCanShootMyNova
Team.

ares834
lmao team

Beniboybling
EoTPM?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
End of TPM.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ares834
lmao team

Beniboybling
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
End of TPM. Gotcha, I'd side with the team.

Azronger
Why?

DarthAnt66
Because it's essentially Palpatine and Plagueis vs Palpatine, lmfao.

Ursumeles
As EoTPM Sidious has nothing to suggest that he is far above the Duo's members?

Petrus
Yep.

Azronger
He does:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=15960229#post15960229

Ursumeles
I've read that, not convinced.

Azronger
Why?

Ursumeles
I see that not only because of Palpatine's growth in power, but also because of Plagueis death. And, also, more or less an symbolic message of the Force.

Beniboybling
Not sure how Palpatine getting stronger means he can defeat his past self and Plagueis at once.

Azronger
Originally posted by Ursumeles
I see that not only because of Palpatine's growth in power, but also because of Plagueis death. And, also, more or less an symbolic message of the Force.

What?

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Azronger
What?
The unbalancing in the Force, after Plagueis death.

cs_zoltan
Originally posted by Beniboybling
EoTPM?

And he is a native english speaker...............

Let that sink in.

Ursumeles
His english better than I am not native english speaker is tho

Azronger
Not sure how Palpatine getting stronger means he can defeat his past self and Plagueis at once.

For scaling, EoTPM shifted the Force with his mere presence. 42BBY and Plagueis required months of intense meditation to pull it off, and yet their shift wasn't as strong as EoTPM's. That means EoTPM's personal power that he can call upon at will is even greater than 42BBY's and Plagueis' prep power combined.

For feats, EoTPM is a bit weaker than his RotS self, who was tanking his own lightning and an attack twice as strong without a scratch. These two can't kill him.

Azronger
Originally posted by Ursumeles
The unbalancing in the Force, after Plagueis death.

Yes, but what the hell do you mean by your previous sentence?

Ursumeles
Which one?
This one:" I see that not only because of Palpatine's growth in power, but also because of Plagueis death."?
Yes, there should be a "happening" between "only" and "because". My apologies.

Azronger
Yes, that one. Now say it one more time, clearly, and with good grammar, please.

Ursumeles
I think that the unbalancing of the Force, after Plagueis death, was not only a result of Sidious growth in power, but also his masters death.

Azronger

But anyway, why would the death of an individual have more of an effect than on the galactic balance, than when they were alive, when they had infinitely more power and command of the Force?

Ursumeles
It seems so, as on places where strong force users died often are Nexi.

Azronger
Which doesn't mean the entire galaxy turned into a nexus, lmfao.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by ares834
lmao team

SunRazer
For the record, just being more powerful doesn't give you the win. History has proven that repeatedly.

Azronger
No, but again:

For feats, EoTPM is a bit weaker than his RotS self, who was tanking his own lightning and an attack twice as strong without a scratch. These two can't kill him.

EoTPM wins.

MythLord
confused Team wins... I fail to see how this is debatable.

Beniboybling
For scaling, EoTPM shifted the Force with his mere presence. 42BBY and Plagueis required months of intense meditation to pull it off, and yet their shift wasn't as strong as EoTPM's. That means EoTPM's personal power that he can call upon at will is even greater than 42BBY's and Plagueis' prep power combined.

For feats, EoTPM is a bit weaker than his RotS self, who was tanking his own lightning and an attack twice as strong without a scratch. These two can't kill him. A fair and lucid point. mmm

Azronger
Originally posted by MythLord
confused Team wins... I fail to see how this is debatable.

What's your case?

Azronger
A fair and lucid point. mmm

Thanks.

MythLord
What's your case?

I have lots of them. A briefcase, a criminal case, a civil case, family law case, etc.

SunRazer
Based on what is he only slightly behind RotS? The Complete Visual Dictionary implies that Sidious grew in strength constantly, and by TPM he obviously hadn't reached or even approached his full potential, so whilst he may have had diminishing returns from TPM-RotS, he would've still been growing.

Add to that a couple of events along the way like the Son's descent into the dark side, which the Father claimed would grant the Sith increased strength. We know Sidious also conducted numerous rituals between TPM and RotS, and I think it's likely that he used at least some of them to increase his strength.

Ursumeles
I have lots of them. A briefcase, a criminal case, a civil case, family law case, etc.
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/2571927616/mmb9qajq9swpi8xxy76a_400x400.jpeg

Deronn_solo
Team stomps.

Azronger
Originally posted by SunRazer
Based on what is he only slightly behind RotS? The Complete Visual Dictionary implies that Sidious grew in strength constantly, and by TPM he obviously hadn't reached or even approached his full potential, so whilst he may have had diminishing returns from TPM-RotS, he would've still been growing.

Add to that a couple of events along the way like the Son's descent into the dark side, which the Father claimed would grant the Sith increased strength. We know Sidious also conducted numerous rituals between TPM and RotS, and I think it's likely that he used at least some of them to increase his strength.

Well, there's nothing concrete proving it was slight. However, there's no reason to assume it was massive, either. All we have is several unknown power increases which you just listed. But even if we are being generous and assume his strength doubled in the years leading up to RotS (which is unlikely, although it would be a welcome revelation to further the Sidious wank), he'd still beat this team as of EoTPM.

RotS Sidious tanked a blast twice as powerful as his own Force lightning without any damage whatsoever. Even if EoTPM Sidious were only half of RotS' power, it would still mean he could tank a blast half as powerful as the one RotS tanked with no issue at all. The potency of that blast halved is the same as RotS Sidious' lightning, so based on that, EoTPM Sidious can tank RotS Sidious' lightning without a dent.

EoTPM is far more powerful than either of the team here, based on the reasons I already gave. If we assume RotS to be twice as powerful as EoTPM, that would make him over four times more powerful than either member of the team, and the lightning he can summon would be similarly more powerful.

So, in short, EoTPM Sidious can tank attacks over four times more powerful than either member of the team can conjure. And that's assuming the gap between EoTPM and RotS is as big as it was here, of which there is no proof of. Either way, the team cannot win a Force battle.

Azronger

I meant your argument.

Beniboybling
I have lots of them. A briefcase, a criminal case, a civil case, family law case, etc. Quality bantur.

SunRazer
Well, there's nothing concrete proving it was slight. However, there's no reason to assume it was massive, either. All we have is several unknown power increases which you just listed. But even if we are being generous and assume his strength doubled in the years leading up to RotS (which is unlikely, although it would be a welcome revelation to further the Sidious wank), he'd still beat this team as of EoTPM.

I didn't say anything about it doubling or being massive, although it's certainly closer towards a substantial gap than a slight one. You think the Son's descent into the dark side constituted a minor amp at best? You think thirteen years of growth by one of the most powerful Force users ever is minimal?

Sidious wasn't harmed, but he was thrown backwards.

Either way, your point appears to be that Sidious' durability is significantly greater than the potency of his Lightning. If so, is it implausible to suggest that TPM Sidious could similarly withstand EoTPM Sidious' Lightning?

Azronger
Originally posted by SunRazer
I didn't say anything about it doubling or being massive, although it's certainly closer towards a substantial gap than a slight one. You think the Son's descent into the dark side constituted a minor amp at best? You think thirteen years of growth by one of the most powerful Force users ever is minimal?

I never said you claimed so. I merely demonstrated that whether the gap between EoTPM and RotS is big or small, the former still wins against this team.

You do make fair points that I hadn't considered before, though. The gap may be larger than I had assumed. But as I said, none of that is a factor, unless you somehow prove RotS Sidious could one-shot EoTPM and in the process render the former's feats unusable for the latter. But even then, we'd still be left with scaling that puts EoTPM's power above the combined power of this team.

So I'd say discussing the gap is pretty pointless.

That wouldn't have any effect on the battle.

He probably could, tbh. For how long, though, I do not know. He'd only be delaying the inevitable, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.