Lord of the Rings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Daft
Anyone read the whole trilogy? I'm just approaching the end of the first book. You can see the trailer for the film at www.real.com It's pretty cool!

Ushgarak
Yeah, read the lot. Jury is still out on how the film will be, but it's certainly got the look...

The major problem with doing the films as far as I can see, is they have to do the third, Return of th King. Now don't get me wrong, it's a great (if not entirely unsurprising) end to the story... but then it keeps going. Far too long.

That was LOTR's only failing (aside from the slow start that puts off the casual reader); old Tolkien just didn't know when to stop.

Raz
I haven't read it, but I've heard only good things about it.
I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

jedi212guy
Me too. I saw a preview, and it looks pretty sweet (as in cool, obviously).

Ushgarak
It just keeps going, and going, and going... actually, it probably won't be a problem. If you did a literal conversion of book to film, each film would be some 6 hours long. They have to hack large bits out as it is; so probably the entire last half of ROTK will be a five minute epilogue anyway. For once, film-making necessity proves to be a bonus...

Gundark
I read the hobbit, but not the LOTR...but I'll probably go see the movie. Thanks for the link, DD ! Miss ya, man !!! smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.