Darth Malak vs Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

QuakeBlood
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All-Out

-Fight takes place aboard the Leviathan where Malak fought Revan's party.

carthage
Legitimately unsure

Would be a good fight though either way

BazookaMaster
Kyle

cbak
Something to consider. Malak only has a single on screen kill that we know of - towards the end of KOTOR where he kills those two Jedi before your party. However, what people don't actually realize is that this was a tactical error made by the Jedi, rather than a demonstration of great power by Malak. Why? Well, Malak unleashed two attacks simultaneously: lightsaber throw and force choke. Throws lightsaber with left hand, chokes with right. Naturally, Jedi on the left gets ready to block with his lightsaber, Jedi on the right puts up force shield to defend against choak, not realizing that Malak was utilising diagonal attacks. Thus, lightsaber goes flying through Jedi defending against choke, and other Jedi switches his form to Soresu to defend against the lightsaber only to get choked instead.

Malak's great ability to confuse Jedi when facing them in teams of 2 (indeed he is the only person we have ever seen utilise diagonal attacks) is useless in a one-on-one battle.

Thus, with Malak's main advantage gone, this is Kyle's fight to lose. The Jedi Battlemaster takes this 10 out of 10 times.

DarthAnt66
Are you serious right now, lol?

cbak
Huh?

DarthAnt66
The Jedi didn't move because they were telekinetically incapacitated by Malak. no expression

ChaosTheory123
That or his attacks were too fast *shrugs*

cbak
That's not how I remember it.

DarthAnt66
You can go back and watch it. erm

ChaosTheory123
Originally posted by cbak
That's not how I remember it.

He was already choking them before the door even opened *shrugs*

cbak
lol. You guys obviously don't know anything about martial arts if you can't understand something as simple as misdirection.hysterical

Question - why would they have him attack diagonally if it wasn't to disguise where his attacks were going?

DarthAnt66
What? His left hand killed the left Jedi. The right hand killed the right Jedi.

cbak
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
You can go back and watch it. erm

The game came out in 2004 bro... I don't have access to my old save files.

DarthAnt66
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wd102PRWPo&feature=youtu.be&t=6m14s

cbak
What? His left hand killed the left Jedi. The right hand killed the right Jedi.

Exactly. He attacked diagonally.

DarthAnt66
No. erm

https://i37.servimg.com/u/f37/17/73/92/12/no10.jpg

If he attacked diagonally, his right would attack the left, and his left would attack the right.

cbak
Don't know what picture you think you just posted but Malak isn't even in it. Or at least I sure as hell can't see him so unless he's hiding somewhere...

DarthAnt66
Uh, he's the red and black figure that has lightning coming out from his hand. no expression

ChaosTheory123
Kiddo

Pretty clear he's ****ing with you

Or hasn't clicked any of the links

I'd like to think the former myself *shrugs*

cbak
Erm, all I can see is some weird malfunctioning droid firing a red and yellow laser beam at two civilians. Is that even from KOTOR bro because I don't remember that happening on either the lightside nor darkside story arcs.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123

thumb up Yeah, just realized that.

cbak
Originally posted by ChaosTheory123
Kiddo

Or hasn't clicked any of the links

I'd like to think the former myself *shrugs*

I think I'd recognise Malak if I saw him dude, he's only my favourite Star Wars character ever. There isn't anything in that picture that remotely resembles a Sith Lord let alone the most powerful one in the Galaxy.

SunRazer
Ant, do you still believe that Malak would've been amped by the SF off-world? Because it's directly contradicted in-game. Malak states that Revan would no match for him here, ie. the Star Forge, which means that it's not something he carries with him off-world.

Ursumeles
Malak
Maybe Kyle
Most likely Malak

TenebrousWay
Malak
Debatable
Malak

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by SunRazer
Ant, do you still believe that Malak would've been amped by the SF off-world? Because it's directly contradicted in-game. Malak states that Revan would no match for him here, ie. the Star Forge, which means that it's not something he carries with him off-world.

Yes, he would have.

Malak states that in the context he has Jedi to drain off of.

The Jedi juicebox amp is obviously not something he can take off-world.

Zenwolf
Ant it might have been better to make it a gif.

https://j.gifs.com/8qXwDm.gif

SunRazer
Yes, he would have.

Malak states that in the context he has Jedi to drain off of.

The Jedi juicebox amp is obviously not something he can take off-world.

No, he states that before you meet him in the finale.

Right after he kills the two Jedi, in the middle of the SF, he claims that the place makes him strong and that Revan can't defeat him here.

cbak
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Ant it might have been better to make it a gif.

https://j.gifs.com/8qXwDm.gif

Ah my mistake, I remembered it completely differently. Thanks for providing the gif, in the picture Ant provided Malak is completely unrecognizable. I also didn't realize that he had drawn all over it, further obscuring what was happening.

MythLord
Kyle can win, tbh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.