Revan and Vitate vs Sidious and Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ursumeles
Rules
* Force only
* The commbatants are only allowed to die one time
* Starting distance: 20m

Round 1
* RotS Yoda
* RotS Darth Sidious
* SWTOR Vitate
* SOR Revan

Round 2
* RotS Yoda
* RotS Darth Sidious
* KoftFE Valkorion
* SOR Revan

Round 3
* RotS Yoda
* DE Darth Sidious
* KoftFE Valkorion
* SOR Revan

SunRazer
Revan doesn't compare to Yoda. Valkorion doesn't really compare to Sidious.

Ursumeles
thumb up
yes

Azronger
Either of team 2 solo in any round.

MythLord
Originally posted by SunRazer

Originally posted by Ursumeles
thumb up
yes

Beniboybling

UCanShootMyNova
Revan doesn't compare to Yoda.

Ursumeles
Up

cs_zoltan
* The commbatants are only allowed to die one time

RIP Legend.

Emperordmb
Revan doesn't belong in this fight.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
^

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Revan doesn't belong in this fight. But AP said... confused

TenebrousWay
Revan solos the trio

Surtur
I would have thought Revan was indeed more powerful than Yoda? Damn I have a lot of catching up to do.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I mean, there's never really been a time when Revan was on par with or above Yoda.

Surtur
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I mean, there's never really been a time when Revan was on par with or above Yoda.

Are you talking about Yoda from the films?

UCanShootMyNova
Yoda from Legends...

Edit: This is an EU forum.

Surtur
Oh okay I understand now.

Ursumeles
Up

Just to clarify, Legends only.

Ursumeles
So, all agree that Sids and Yoda win? smile smile smile

Emperordmb
I'd be curious to hear DarthBane77's opinion on this matter.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'd be curious to hear DarthBane77's opinion on this matter.
That's the plan. @DB77 I am still willing to debate with you

Ursumeles
I am really surprised, that no one argues for the TOR Duo, at least in Round 2; tbh.

TenebrousWay
I am really surprised, that no one argues for the TOR Duo, at least in Round 2; tbh.

It's irrelevant how powerful Valkorion is, since everyone knows Revan isn't Yoda material.

Ursumeles
DB77 has him >= Yoda, and LeG at least in his tier. erm

TenebrousWay
DB77 has him >= Yoda, and LeG at least in his tier. erm

He's confortably above Vader in the force, though. I have the Vader/Yoda gap to be nothing but immense.

Ursumeles
Never said otherwise.
Define "confortably", tho.

TenebrousWay
Dooku is "confortably" above Maul in the force.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by Azronger
Either of team 2 solo in any round.

http://gph.is/1jsF8aB

Tondemonai
Team TOR in rounds 1 and 2. Viti and Valk beat RotS Sheev faster than Yoda does Revan. Round 3 Yoda beats Revan faster than Valk beats DE Sheev

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Team TOR in rounds 1 and 2. Viti and Valk beat RotS Sheev faster than Yoda does Revan.
No.
Sidious > Valkorion, let alone Vitate, KEK.

Azronger
http://gph.is/1jsF8aB

That's rich, coming from you.

Tondemonai
No.
Sidious > Valkorion, let alone Vitate, KEK.

Iyo smile

Originally posted by Azronger
That's rich, coming from you.

How so?

Ursumeles
Iyo smile

...and after canon.
Wait.
You are saying, that my opinion = canon. rolling on floor laughing
I'LL USE THAT POWER! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Azronger

How so?

Viti and Valk beat RotS Sheev faster than Yoda does Revan.

Valk beats DE Sheev

Ursumeles
LMAO thumb up

Tondemonai
Far less cancerous than Yoda soloing Valkorion and SoR Revan laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ursumeles
Honestly not.

Ursumeles
Up

quanchi112
Revan doesn't compare to Yoda. Valkorion doesn't really compare to Sidious. You are all talk.

Ursumeles
thumb up 4Voldemort

Nai
This is force only, right?

Round 1
* RotS Yoda
* RotS Darth Sidious
* SWTOR Vitate
* SOR Revan

Yoda lacks a considerable offensive force arsenal. He can, quite literally, just utilize TK. While I fail to see how Revan would overpower him, I also fail to see how Sidious would deal with Vitiate. In fact, the latter has everything going for him, if he doesn't need to fight with a lightsaber. So Vitiate defeats Sidious, then the team defeats Yoda. Best possible argueable result for PT faction: Stalemate.

Again. Yoda lacks offensive force powers.
And Valkorion could probably solo this, given that there is nothing to indicate that either Sidious or Yoda could tank the kind of punishment that Valkorion can deal with his offensive force abilities. The guy takes out spaceships as collateral damage, because they fly around next to a tower in which he attempts to electrocute his son. Seriously.

Possible the most evenly matched fight. But again: The best Yoda can do is "stalemate" Revan or keep him under control in a force contest. I'd say the same could be argued for DE Sidious and Valkorion. So I go for the stalemate option here.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nai
Yoda lacks a considerable offensive force arsenal. He can, quite literally, just utilize TK.Yoda's assault needs to be varied to be effective? Why?

Regardless, the ability to turn your enemies powers back at them can prove just as potent, see Revan's handling of Darth Nyriss.

Same way he dealt with Yoda, I imagine. Only more decisively.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11122/111222381/4770339-2290553470-KBOj4.gif

mmm

*failed to electrocute his son, due his powers being tanked.

Regardless, I'd say being significantly more powerful than an individual who tanked this:

https://i.imgflip.com/1f0fgm.gif

And himself tanking this:

https://i.imgflip.com/1f0fkf.gif

Should put those doubts to rest.* Yoda being in the same league as Sids suggests the same would be the case.

*Hint: both those blasts are far more powerful.

Or overpower and KO him. mmm

I'd say Sidious being holistically more powerful would assure him a win here. And I doubt it would even be close.

Nai
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Yoda's assault needs to be varied to be effective? Why?

It needs to be effective. Which it isn't.

Which would just result in energy being channeled back and forth, since Revan is able to redirect force attacks from Vitiate, which are probably more powerful than his own.

A more decisive stalemate ending with being lucky not getting your ass kicked, when you were just being overpowered? Yeah. Just leave out the "being lucky" part.

Force pushing somebody who isn't defending himself? Impressive.
I wonder how this leads to "victory" though, even in the event it should be successful. Because Revan, in that instance, would just get up again, much like Sidious did.

Ipsedixitism does still not win debates. Why do I need to lecture people on this? In case you don't get the point: That you say that those blasts are "far more powerful" than Valkorion's lightning doesn't make it so.

In fact, you may want to take a look at what Valkorion does, because, apparently, people don't grasp it:

8LE0qgLoxsM

1:06 - starts firing lightning at Arcann. The lightning storm fills the entire room in front of Valkorion, projects outward of the Spar in a massive lightning storm.

1:17 - just look at the size of that lightning attack outside the rather huge building

1:21 - a side arc of the Force lightning hits one of the ships, penetrates the hull (and possible shields) and kills the crew, leading to a crash.

1:41 - Scorpio comments the attack: "Incredible...life signs aboard all ships in the Spar's proximity have been neutralized." Again. Those are mere collateral damages, since Arcann was tanking most of the attack's power. Yet even a fraction of the part of the power that wasn't hitting Arcann directly is enough to penetrate starship hulls and kill multiple people aboard.

How? By force pushing him?

Yeah.
And if there was any evidence to suggest that Sidious is more powerful than Valkorion, you would have a case.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Nai
It needs to be effective. Which it isn't.Something something ipedxismfisms.

He knocked back a few lighting bolts, with his lightsaber. erm

No I mean the one where Sidious overpowered him.

thumb up

I just wanted to make sure you knew how telekinesis worked, tis all. But to answer your question I imagine by repeating this action, and similar ones, until Revan stops getting up.

Who knows? I suppose when one learns a new word one might feel the need to make a song and dance of it, helps if you tone back the hypocrisy though.

I know darling, but I think its always fair to give my opponent a chance to work out for themselves first. wink

Uhuh, am I supposed to be impressed? Excuse me if I can't help but find that second rate compared to:

1. an explosion caused by the destruction of a Sith superweapon, a superweapon powered by a giant Force-resonant kyber crystal, eight of which powered the planet-busting Death Star and the explosion of one of which did this. Or rather actually vaporised ships over a massive radius, and that one wasn't even weaponised.

2. an explosion unleashed by Galen Marek entering a state of Oneness and unleashing "all the power of the Force within him", a clone of which would go on to atomise a frigate without such extenuating circumstances.

But Valkorion's lighting downed ships right?

I would think that spreading the dark side throughout the galaxy with his mere presence would be enough.

Nai
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Something something ipedxismfisms.

Thanks for that well thought-out and accurate reply.
Number of opponents killed / ko'd permanently by Yoda's TK: Zero.
Not effective.

Ah. Yes. Didn't remember that correctly.
Which doesn't matter much, since Revan is most definetely capable of redirecting attacks coming from himself, being hurled back at him. Anything else doesn't make much sense.

Which didn't happen. A rather bad description of the fight, doesn't overwrite its depiction in the movie material. Movie > all other sources.

Yeah. Because Yoda is known for utilizing a fast repetition of telekinetic attacks against opponents. I must have understood the movies wrong, where he hardly ever uses the Force for attacks. And, of course, in the context of a fight, where people expect to be attacked with the Force, Revan wouldn't attempt any kind of defense - or attack first, seeing he is going up against a Jedi.

Yeah. I like learning new words. I hope you aren't referring to "ipsedixitism" though, since that is so 2007.
And, gosh. Nice way to totally gloss over the point. thumb up

Adding polish after the glossing? Nice...

Your personal opinion is rather insignificant.

I wonder what you bring this up for. We're not dealing with the general properties of kyber crystals or their weaponized applications, but with the explosion in question. Which doesn't even remotely compare to the other applications you sited.

But there we encounter the next weak point in your argument: You do recognize the difference between an omnidirectional explosion (the one Vader survived) and energy channeled onto one spot (like Valkorion's lightning)? Apparently not...

An explosion destributes energy equally outwards from its source. So only a fraction of it would have hit Vader at all. A very small fraction as a matter of fact, provided where most of the energy was going (upwards, being channeled through the structure) and where Vader was located at the point in time.

Again: One needs to wonder, why you even site different events. We're a judging the explosion as it happens in the clip you've provided. I don't see much evidence for that being stronger than the stuff Valkorion was unleashing. And once again you're attempting to compare apples (focused lightning beams on a single target) to oranges (an omnidirectional explosion).

Urm. Can you read? I'm just asking, because you completely missed the point.
I will try to explain it in a fashion more suited for you.

1)
Valkorion unleashes force lightning. This is, basically, 100 percent of what he can do.

2)
Arcann tanks most of the attack. The exact amount that he takes is, of course, unknown, but anything short of 50 percent would imply a pointless waste of energy on Valkorion's side, so let us go with that.

3)
That means that at most 50 percent of Valkorion's total lightning strength passes around Arcann. This is still enough to create a lightning storm the size of a rather large building outside the Spar.

4)
A fraction of that 50 percent (a total of 2 to 5 percent maybe) is enough to bypass shields / armor of a spaceship and kill the crew. Although there seem to be more ships being hit if we go by Scorpio's comment on the situation.

So the point isn't that Vitiate down spaceships with his lightning, but that he does so with a fraction of his lightning, that wasn't hitting the intended target.

I would think that bringing the same long debunked bullshit to the table every time gets boring. Apparently, it doesn't. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Answer me, Nai. If I create the thread will you answer the bell. Trek vs wars the six films I previously discussed. Yes or no ?

Nephthys
You're so desperate for senpai to notice you.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nephthys
You're so desperate for senpai to notice you. Nah, I just want to have this thread but most of these Star Wars fans are pansies and won't back up their convictions.

kbroskywalker
sidious beats any version of valk 10/10
yoda beats any version of valk 10/10
revan is fodder
team 2 sweeps.

Azronger
Kbro has joined the forum, it seems.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.