FE Malgus vs ROTS Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
Sabers
Force
All out

Ursumeles
Obi-Wan
Malgus
Malgus

Nephthys
Kenobi can't remotely challenge Malgus.

SunRazer
Obi-Wan wins in sabers at the minimum.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by Nephthys
Kenobi can't remotely challenge Malgus.
Obi-Wan wins in Sabers, lol.

cs_zoltan
Kenobi shuts down Malgus' breather.

GG no re.

ILS
Obi-Wan in all tbh.

Nephthys
Originally posted by ILS
Obi-Wan in all tbh.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100212020606/jjba/images/a/ab/Joseph-oh-my-god.jpg

SunRazer
Shocking, isn't it? As opposed to Malgus stomping Obi-Wan?

Nephthys
Well, yeah. Considering Malgus can comfortably ragdoll him.

Kenobi wouldn't last 3 seconds against the TOR Strike teams that Malgus fought.

Ursumeles
On what basis can Malgus ragdoll him?
And Malgus still loses sabers.

Nephthys
His vastly superior TK? Even prior to Deceived he held up and threw the rubble of two large buildings hard enough to scatter them amongst the nearby buildings and proceeded to own the Jedi who dropped them on him. He was also able to content with the engines of an imperial dropship prior to a massive increase in power. And obviously his feats in the FE fight are miles beyond what Kenobi is capable of.

Highly debatable. Malgus easily wins Force and All-out regardless.

Ursumeles
Kenobi is canonically more powerful than Rivi-Anu. Malgus has nothing to suggest that he is >>> him.
I think that Kenobi could also push an offguard Protag, tbh.
Nah, Kenobis dueling feats are on a another level.

MythLord
Being fair, Aayla Secura is also canonically better than Rivi-Anu, apparently. Anu is an outliar.

Anyways, Kenobi wins sabers and all-out, but Malgus prolly takes Force.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by MythLord
Being fair, Aayla Secura is also canonically better than Rivi-Anu, apparently. Anu is an outliar.
That was your own argument, LMAO.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Ursumeles
Kenobi is canonically more powerful than Rivi-Anu. Malgus has nothing to suggest that he is >>> him.
I think that Kenobi could also push an offguard Protag, tbh.
Nah, Kenobis dueling feats are on a another level.

Ok, nice trolling but no dice.

MythLord
That was your own argument, LMAO.

When? Either the Mace vs Kisame thread where I was drunk from a party, or me trolling Zapan/SirFizzWhizz with the "hur dur" feats logic, right?

You have failed me once again, my apprentice. thumb down

Ursumeles
What makes Malgus better in sabers, than the guy who statlemated Maul/Mustafar Vader, hold his own against Dooku, has beaten/statlemated Ventress pre-prime and Savage?

Ursumeles
When? Either the Mace vs Kisame thread where I was drunk from a party, or me trolling Zapan/SirFizzWhizz with the "hur dur" feats logic, right?

Nope. When you asked, why we use Krayt >>> Wredd, but not Dooku >> Kenobi > Rivi-Anu.

You seem to become senile. evil face

MythLord
Add the @Neph

As of now, Kenobi's ability to deflect the telekinetic waves of a being considerably better than a Dreadnaught-manipulator/tank-thrower is enough to suggest he can contend with Malgus.
Not to mention he's more durable/powerful than Aryn Leneer by any comparison possible and she withstood Malgus' TK just fine.

And in saber combat, getting stalemated by Aryn Leneer and Zallow(who's only best feats are murking fodder Sith and fighting Malgus) is hardly up to stack to combating General Grievous -- the murderer of hundreds of Jedi, Asajj Ventress -- someone Sidious feared, Darth Maul -- one of the best Sith duelists in history, Knightfall Anakin -- perhaps the greatest Jedi Killer ever as per a source that knows of Tulak Hord and Malgus, and Darth Tyranus -- a factually better swordsman than KoTOR Revan, Satele Shan, Exar Kun(at least during his Jedi years), Vodo-Siosk Baas, and equal of Mace Windu.

MythLord
Nope. When you asked, why we use Krayt >>> Wredd, but not Dooku >> Kenobi > Rivi-Anu.

You seem to become senile. evil face

Eh, that's more me mentioning the double standards of the forums, but when you think about it Wredd is at least a Sith Lord(even if a pathetic one), whereas Anu is a padawan.

Ursumeles
Eh, that's more me mentioning the double standards of the forums, but when you think about it Wredd is at least a Sith Lord(even if a pathetic one), whereas Anu is a padawan.
I know. That was an joke, as SWTOR is also exaggerated, as is her comic.

Deronn_solo
Malgus ragdolls.

Kurk
Obi-Wan
Malgus
Malgus

The Ellimist
Obi Wan
Malgus?
Obi Wan

DarthDuelist9
Obi-Wan for sabers and all-out.

Deronn_solo
What's stopping Kenobi from being ragdolled?

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
What's stopping Kenobi from being ragdolled?

Feats that rival Malgus his and the fact that Malgus never ragdolled anyone as powerful as Kenobi.

Deronn_solo
Since when was Malgus more popular than Kenobi?

That has to be one of the most retarded statements anyone has ever made on any board ever.

Nephthys
Kenobi's feats don't rival Malgus'. I thought you were looking into the TOR Protags. You should get back to that, since Kenobi is eclipsed by them, let alone Malgus.

Add the @Neph

As of now, Kenobi's ability to deflect the telekinetic waves of a being considerably better than a Dreadnaught-manipulator/tank-thrower is enough to suggest he can contend with Malgus.
Not to mention he's more durable/powerful than Aryn Leneer by any comparison possible and she withstood Malgus' TK just fine.

And in saber combat, getting stalemated by Aryn Leneer and Zallow(who's only best feats are murking fodder Sith and fighting Malgus) is hardly up to stack to combating General Grievous -- the murderer of hundreds of Jedi, Asajj Ventress -- someone Sidious feared, Darth Maul -- one of the best Sith duelists in history, Knightfall Anakin -- perhaps the greatest Jedi Killer ever as per a source that knows of Tulak Hord and Malgus, and Darth Tyranus -- a factually better swordsman than KoTOR Revan, Satele Shan, Exar Kun(at least during his Jedi years), Vodo-Siosk Baas, and equal of Mace Windu.

Anakin was weaker in that fight than he normally is, he was scaled down to be only as strong as Kenobi. Use Obi-Wan's own feats please. Plus that Dreadnaught feat is overblown. Not only is it from a highly exaggerated medium, but the thing was already levitating so it's weight was already supported. Anakin also had full concentration for that which he doesn't in a fight. His regular feats are far inferior. I can just as easily scale Malgus from a relative feeb like Thana Vesh leveling city blocks as a child. Adult!Vesh is fodder compared to any of the Act II protags, who themselves are far weaker Malgus is even in False Emperor when they're far stronger than at that point.

Kenobi isn't more powerful than Leneer, she's Malgus' near-equal and his own feats utterly eclipse Kenobi's. And she was tanking Malgus' physical strikes, when he was kicking people through pillars and was stronger than her, when even she could through the 300+ pound Sith 20 meters with one hand. Obi-Wan got knocked out by a single kick from Ventress once.

I like how "combated" is vague enough to mean whatever you want it to. But merely fighting people doesn't make you better. Malgus could fight Grievous, Ventress, Maul, Dooku and Hissyfit Anakin as well. Grievous fought and beat Kenobi a few times in sabers before Kenobi was able to figure out how to beat him. It wasn't his pure skill that gave him the edge there. Sidious was only wary that Dooku might be using Ventress as a true apprentice. She was obviously utterly no threat to him. And Malgus is also one of the deadliest Sith in history, as are 95% of every named Sith ever. Big deal. Then Anakin was weakened and out of balance and still winning for most of the fight and Dooku completely dunked on Obi-Wan constantly. Malgus can easily match every one of these fights. His skills were called flawless by the greatest Jedi duelist and he's had 40 years of constant combat to hone himself, 20 years of which against constant Jedi-Sith combat. When Malgus started out as one of the greatest living warriors and defeats the Jedi Battlemaster before any of this. Sidious himself praises Malgus as one whose battlefield feats have never been equaled.

Also not really fair to dunk on Zallow as that being his best feat when its the only place he appears in. You can scale him well off of Malgus himself and the fact that Malgus considers him the best Jedi present when we know that Corin Tok, who performed so well in this fight that he was considered literally invincible by the Empire, and Jarro, who butchered over a hundred elite Mando's in the fight, were also there.

DarthDuelist9
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Since when was Malgus more popular than Kenobi?

That has to be one of the most retarded statements anyone has ever made on any board ever.

Amongst the responders on this thread? Yeah, otherwise nobody is crazy enough to actually believe that Malgus is going to ragdoll or even dominate Obi-Wan.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9
Amongst the responders on this thread? Yeah, otherwise nobody is crazy enough to actually believe that Malgus is going to ragdoll or even dominate Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan is one of the top 5 favs.

He still gets ragdolled.

Deronn_solo
Originally posted by DarthDuelist9

Nah. People are quick to scream bias when someone disagrees with their pretty shit opinion. Malgus' feats are superior to Dooku - who, has ragdolls Kenobi in the past. Let alone his superior accolades and feats to Kenobi in general.

Or are we going to say Kenobi is capable of TK an entire strike team like Malgus, or holding ships against their thruster, or being capable of dominating Jedi who can bring down charred buildings while using less than full power.

Ursumeles
> I like Kenobi.
> I wouldn't say tht I dislike Malgus, he is one of the few decent TOR chars, but Ilike him far less than Kenobi. And, I favor PT > TOR
> biased towards Malgus

Emperordmb
You have partaken in an algohul before? smile smile smile http://r33.imgfast.net/users/3311/36/97/52/smiles/1339045892.gif smile smile smile

https://i.imgflip.com/1d456y.gif

Emperordmb
On topic, Kenobi definitely takes sabers, and Malgus definitely takes Force and all-out for the reasons Neph listed off.

UCanShootMyNova
Obi Wan.
Malgus.
Malgus.

Ursumeles
Who'd have the patience? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by Emperordmb

https://i.imgflip.com/1d456y.gif

TenebrousWay
> I like Kenobi.
> I wouldn't say tht I dislike Malgus, he is one of the few decent TOR chars, but Ilike him far less than Kenobi. And, I favor PT > TOR
> biased towards Malgus

It's natural to have personal preferences. I utterly hate Arcann, for example. He's a pretty annoying character. It just goes too far when that preference makes you say Ventress causing a small avalanche in an unstable cliff face that withstood an explosion prior to that is above any of Malgus force feats - like someone once did in CV. lol

Ursumeles
Originally posted by TenebrousWay
It's natural to have personal preferences. I utterly hate Arcann, for example. He's a pretty annoying character. It just goes too far when that preference makes you say Ventress causing a small avalanche in an unstable cliff face that withstood an explosion prior to that is above any of Malgus force feats - like someone once did in CV. lol
Yeah. I am also heavily biased towards Jacen and Jaina, lol.
Btw, do you have the quote of TKing the large ship?
It seemingly isn't in his RT.

Nephthys
You mean Malgus holding back the dropship? Yeah, its a shameful error that Nova doesn't have it.

Ursumeles
You mean Malgus holding back the dropship? Yeah, its a shameful error that Nova doesn't have it.
Yes. It is his best feat, imo.

Nephthys

Ursumeles
Thanks.
I don't think, that Malgus could lose. Force and All-Out, tbh.

Tondemonai
Deceived Malgus wins in all, FE stomps

Edit: Deceived doesn't take sabers, I guess

Ursumeles
I still fail to see how he wins sabers.

Tondemonai
He's stated to be superior to a better duelist in HoT. I take back Deceived Malgus taking sabers, though, now that I think about it

Ursumeles
When is it stated that Malgus > HoT?
Also HoT(especially pre-KotFE) > Kenobi as duelist? Nah.

TenebrousWay
Malgus does also have a good sense/precognition feat in Ord Radama, where he senses the exact location of a minefield through a tremor in the Force. Especially noteworthy is the fact that land mines are mechanical objects.

darthbane77
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Deceived Malgus wins in all, FE stomps

Edit: Deceived doesn't take sabers, I guess

SunRazer
Malgus' feats are superior to Dooku's? Which?

EDIT: I added that feat to my Malgus RT. I thought I did have it.

Tondemonai
When is it stated that Malgus > HoT?

Iirc, HoT notes that Malgus' saber form is immaculate, can't remember if there was more, but I'm see Neph has it laying around somewhere.

Based on what? He was stated as being the greatest duelist in the Order before act III.

Ursumeles
Yeah, IIRC, the Hero says that Malgus form was "flawless". Doesn't mean that he is > the HoT, tho.

Based on what is the HoT > Kenobi as duelist?
Kenobi statlemating Maul/Legends Grievous/Mustafar Anakin, soarring evenly with Anakin, holding his own against Dooku, beating Ventress and Grievous and besting Opress is better than anything the HoT has done.

Tondemonai
I'll respond to this later, it's 1:30 am. I don't have the energy.

Ursumeles
Okay. Good...sleep?

cs_zoltan
Iirc, HoT notes that Malgus' saber form is immaculate, can't remember if there was more, but I'm see Neph has it laying around somewhere.

Wow. As far as character opinions concerned Windu musing that Kenobi could be greater than himself shits all over HoT's opinion of Malgus laughing out loud

Based on what? He was stated as being the greatest duelist in the Order before act III.

Damn that's impressive. That accolade puts the HoT above such powerhouses as Satele, and, and...and who?

Meanwhile Kenobi as of TPM was almost equal to Qui-Gon who was one of the greatest Jedi duelist ever and who himself was better than Anoon who has similar accolade than HoT. And in his prime Kenobi is better than Plo who is one of the most powerful jedi ever and even Maul praised his lightsaber skills. He is better than Fisto, Agen, Saesee. All three has better accolade than the HoT. Kenobi is also better than Grievous, who is the best hand to hand jedi killer the galaxy has ever seen, and Maul, who is one of the most skilled, deadly, and highly trained sith in the history of their Order. He also shows parity of Mace and Dooku, who are the single greatest duelists up to their time, surpassed by only Yoda and Sidious.

Get back to me when HoT even begins to scrap the dirt on Kenobi's boot.

MythLord
Didn't the powerhouse Neph clearly show HoT's superiority to the likes of Mace and Tyranus? TOR must be respected, Zoltan.

Malgus one-shots.

Ursumeles
Isn't it sad that the best duelist of TOR wouldn't get in the PT Top 6?

cs_zoltan
No, it's just mostly really funny smile

Nephthys
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Wow. As far as character opinions concerned Windu musing that Kenobi could be greater than himself shits all over HoT's opinion of Malgus laughing out loud

That isn't what Windu indicated. He was suggesting that Obi-Wan is better suited to beating GG than him. It's not the same as the HoT, Malgus comparison. The Hero is a known master of all lightsaber forms and stated that Malgus' form was flawless. That's an impressive as hell indication of skill.

Damn that's impressive. That accolade puts the HoT above such powerhouses as Satele, and, and...and who?

Tol Braga, Kellian Jarro, Corin Tok, Jaeric Kaeden, Sajar, the Barsen'thor and many others. Just because the lightsaber skills of the PT is a thousand times as explored as TOR doesn't mean they're inferior. TOR happens to have a million times as much lightsaber combat happening, the conflict far surpasses the Clone Wars in terms of length and Jedi and Sith were furiously preparing for lightsaber dueling. There's no reason to doubt their skill.

Meanwhile Kenobi as of TPM was almost equal to Qui-Gon who was one of the greatest Jedi duelist ever

A worthless accolade. So he's in the top hundred? Thousand? He'd get chumped by the Hero.

and who himself was better than Anoon who has similar accolade than HoT.

Only from his own padawan's perspective. Bondara was obviously vastly inferior to true greats.

And in his prime Kenobi is better than Plo who is one of the most powerful jedi ever and even Maul praised his lightsaber skills.

Oh shit, Plo Koon? Definitely HoT + right there.

He is better than Fisto, Agen, Saesee. All three has better accolade than the HoT.

No they don't. The Hero would beat the shit out of all 3 of them.

Kenobi is also better than Grievous, who is the best hand to hand jedi killer the galaxy has ever seen,

I'm pretty sure Kenobi didn't exactly fare well against Grievous in H2H. And Kenobi only beat him by fighting him enough times to figure out his weaknesses. Grievous beat his ass the other 3 or 4 times they fought.

Originally posted by cs_zoltan and Maul, who is one of the most skilled, deadly, and highly trained sith in the history of their Order.

Again with the worthless quotes. Kenobi isn't better than Maul.

He also shows parity of Mace and Dooku, who are the single greatest duelists up to their time, surpassed by only Yoda and Sidious.

Yeah.... parity....

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11128/111280603/5222494-dookuepisodeiii1.jpg

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/124590/5493505-5557045384-giphy.gif

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11118/111186862/4251143-dooku+vs+obi-wan+rots+comic.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pI8IkWa3LQ

Thats what that is.

Get back to me when HoT even begins to scrap the dirt on Kenobi's boot.

Disgusting.

cs_zoltan
That isn't what Windu indicated. He was suggesting that Obi-Wan is better suited to beating GG than him. It's not the same as the HoT, Malgus comparison. The Hero is a known master of all lightsaber forms and stated that Malgus' form was flawless. That's an impressive as hell indication of skill.

No, it wasn't in the context of Greiovus:

"I am called a great swordsman because I invented a lethal style; but who is greater, the creator of a killing form - or the master of the classic form?"
--Revenge of the Sith

Tol Braga, Kellian Jarro, Corin Tok, Jaeric Kaeden, Sajar, the Barsen'thor and many others. Just because the lightsaber skills of the PT is a thousand times as explored as TOR doesn't mean they're inferior. TOR happens to have a million times as much lightsaber combat happening, the conflict far surpasses the Clone Wars in terms of length and Jedi and Sith were furiously preparing for lightsaber dueling. There's no reason to doubt their skill.

Cute. CW was the largest war the galaxy has ever seen, so I don't care if the GW lasted longer than the CW when compared to it it was like a picnic in the park.

And Lmao @ that list of people. All sub-Anoon phags.

A worthless accolade. So he's in the top hundred? Thousand? He'd get chumped by the Hero.

A wothless accolde that the HoT never recieved because he can't cut it laughing out loud

Only from his own padawan's perspective. Bondara was obviously vastly inferior to true greats.

HoT's accolade is a character opinion too. Nice own goal.

Oh shit, Plo Koon? Definitely HoT + right there.

Glad you agree.

No they don't. The Hero would beat the shit out of all 3 of them.

In your wet dreams, perhaps. Beating Angral and Scourge is definitely far superior than beating Grievous and stomping Vos.

I'm pretty sure Kenobi didn't exactly fare well against Grievous in H2H. And Kenobi only beat him by fighting him enough times to figure out his weaknesses. Grievous beat his ass the other 3 or 4 times they fought.

I like how you bring up that shitty fact file accolade and then ignore the other part where it says they were equal beforehand. The legendary Neph selective quoting right there.

Again with the worthless quotes. Kenobi isn't better than Maul.

Yeah he is.

Yeah.... parity....

Thats what that is.

Why didn't you bring up AotC for good measure? I mean you surely went out of your way just prove a false premise.

Disgusting.

Yes, your post definitely is. I tried to make a serious reply, but it's really hard when your post essentially boils down to "nu your wronge" without any substance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.