University of Chicago: Sorry Snowflakes, No Safe Spaces Here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stigma
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2016/08/25/university-of-chicago-sorry-snowflakes-no-safe-spaces-here-n2209962

Does this mark the beginning of the end of PC-infested academia?

Thoughts?

Surtur
Needs to be done in every college.

aalyasecura95
there will be a uprising this is unjust. there should be places where people arent harassed and safe spaces have a purpose. free speech isn't free if someone else has to pay the price.

Surtur
Originally posted by aalyasecura95
there will be a uprising this is unjust. there should be places where people arent harassed and safe spaces have a purpose. free speech isn't free if someone else has to pay the price.

Have you ever even been to this college? Because I have literally walked it's halls.

Stigma
there will be a uprising this is unjust. there should be places where people arent harassed
"Harrassed," as in, confronted by other opinions?

aalyasecura95
to surtur: no i havent but safe spaces still should be in all colleges but i agree they shouldnt be everywhere but if its just certain sections of a college then thats ok because they have a purpose. calling something pc does not make it bad.

aalyasecura95
Originally posted by Stigma
"Harrassed," as in, confronted by other opinions? well people especially on the far right try to enforce there views on people and that can be offensive to people like the muslims and the other cultures. its ok to discuss politics but if people go to a safe space then it means they want to be left alone and not be harassed and don't want to talk about it.

Surtur
to surtur: no i havent but safe spaces still should be in all colleges but i agree they shouldnt be everywhere but if its just certain sections of a college then thats ok because they have a purpose. calling something pc does not make it bad.

Why do we need safe spaces, there isn't this level of harassment that you seem to think.

More and more, people are using safe spaces as excuses to hide from ideas and subjects they just don't like. Isn't that wrong?

Stigma
well people especially on the far right try to enforce there views on people and that can be offensive to people like the muslims and the other cultures.
But using a safe space concept that comes from the Left is not enforcing it or being offensive to the people on the right and other cultures who do not like that idea? Why?

its ok to discuss politics but if people go to a safe space then it means they want to be left alone and not be harassed and don't want to talk about it.
Isn't their room a sort of "safe space" already. They can just shut the door no problem. Or simply ignore someone they don't like, or the opinion they don't want to hear?

Surtur
its ok to discuss politics but if people go to a safe space then it means they want to be left alone and not be harassed and don't want to talk about it.

Does this mean you feel that people are..being forced into political discussions against their will? I'm sort of confused. You're acting like students are going home crying because someone wouldn't stop talking about (insert political issue).

aalyasecura95
what i'm saying is that people should be able to live their lives without harassment from people who try to impose there views and safe spaces mean that people have places to go in there everyday lives so they don't have to bombarded with political jargon and slogans and can be in peace. and yes there are some people who take offence about political things and that is totally reasonable because some views are just offensive. as politics becomes more militant and polarized there will be more need for safe spaces.

Stigma
what i'm saying is that people should be able to live their lives without harassment from people who try to impose there views and safe spaces mean that people have places to go in there everyday lives so they don't have to bombarded with political jargon and slogans and can be in peace. and yes there are some people who take offence about political things and that is totally reasonable because some views are just offensive. as politics becomes more militant and polarized there will be more need for safe spaces.

Good point.

Indeed, the Left has become obnoxious, agressive even, to the point that they want to shove their political agenda down the throats of peaceful college students.

However, the safe space of your dormroom or home is the perfect answer for that kind of harassment thumb up My home is my castle, as one might say.

Surtur

If you take offense to political views then just leave? I don't understand the problem. Why do they need specific safe spaces? Have you ever encountered someone who was forced into a political discussion against their will?

Flyattractor
Hey. A PC Sensitive Butt Hole is a serious thing!

Surtur
Even more serious then when Lex Luthor stole 40 cakes?!

Flyattractor
That depends....What kind of CAKES were they?

Surtur
Unknown, they appear to possibly be chocolate.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--gNAzm6p4--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/17zegpu51gj5ujpg.jpg

And that's terrible.

Flyattractor
Yeah. Luthor be just driving by and he be all like...

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/018/558/633623095935161908-didyousaycakes.jpg

Time-Immemorial
SJW are the biggest bully's in existence so I don't even know the point of this

Surtur
I bet Lex took those cakes and threw them in the mud or something. Just didn't eat them at all, he just didn't want anyone else to have them.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
SJW are the biggest bully's in existence so I don't even know the point of this
Yeah but the funny thing is is that they are what were once pussies, wimps and nerds so its fun to watch them try to be bullies. I always laugh at their faces.
Originally posted by Surtur
I bet Lex took those cakes and threw them in the mud or something. Just didn't eat them at all, he just didn't want anyone else to have them.

As long as Lex keeps his mittts off o these cakes...

http://collectingsuperman.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/twinkiesfront.jpg

Astner
It would be great for the rest of the world if the United States just stopped being competitive. thumb up

Flyattractor
That would only be kind of good for China, but then we wouldn't have any money to buy their crappy stuff so...

No. No it wouldn't.

Surtur
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Yeah but the funny thing is is that they are what were once pussies, wimps and nerds so its fun to watch them try to be bullies. I always laugh at their faces.

As long as Lex keeps his mittts off o these cakes...

http://collectingsuperman.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/twinkiesfront.jpg

Superman looks constipated in that picture. It must have been taken under a red sun.

Surtur
Being competitive is how we achieve greatness! We literally went to the moon because we couldn't f*cking stand allowing the Russians to be the first people on the moon.

We have spite-f*cked this world a bunch of times.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Surtur
Superman looks constipated in that picture. It must have been taken under a red sun.

Maybe he just ate the whole box of Twinkies.

Not even Kryptoninan physiology can't handle that much Hostess Goodness.

Surtur
He ate them while exposed to kryptonite. Superman loves irradiated foods, and Japanese people just keep thinking he has a sick and dark sense of humor.

Surtur
He technically doesn't even need to eat food to survive, but..yeah.

https://blogintomystery.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/action454.jpg

Somehow, and I can't even explain it, but all those women that served him burgers somehow ended up dead. That's just bad luck.

Flyattractor
Burgers are still healthier then Twinkies.

Surtur
This isn't even a joke, my first weekend on the UiC campus someone invited me to a "three day ecstasy" party.

I did not go. Who has a 3 day X party?! Friggin weirdo's.

The guy who invited me was a ginger though, that made it suspicious.

Flyattractor
I just stuck to more friendly drugs when I was in college.

Stigma
This thread proceeded exactly as I hoped it would.

Surtur
I would still be genuinely curious to see examples of any students being..stalked for political discussions. Like these kids are just walking down the halls and motherf*ckers keep running up left and right shouting "What are your thoughts on the bill of rights and it's effects in the modern era" and then before this person can answer someone else asks their views on abortion, and before they can answer that someone brings up the economic policies of Hilary Clinton, and then the student is just reduced to tears and curled up in a fetal position.

You see in my day when people harassed you..they actually HARASSED you. They did not try to engage you in some kind of intellectual debate.

Imagine for a second if the bully from Karate Kid didn't try to sort of murder Daniel by tossing him on his bike down the side of a steep hill and instead he just wanted to get in his face and discuss the Cold War or some shit.

krisblaze
Originally posted by Stigma
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christinerousselle/2016/08/25/university-of-chicago-sorry-snowflakes-no-safe-spaces-here-n2209962

Does this mark the beginning of the end of PC-infested academia?

Thoughts?

One can hope!

Surtur
Just for a moment picture this Karate Kid montage:

iBktYJsJq-E

Except instead of karate we see Daniel-San studying debate tactics and Reaganomics.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.