Tony Jaa (Ong Bak) vs Yuri Boyka

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solid47
Ting and Tien from Ong Bak trilogy.

VS

Boyka from Undisputed 3.

Round 1: Boyka vs Ting

Round 2: Boyka vs Tien

Rules: Pure H2H fight

The fight takes place inside of a UFC Octagon.

Who wins and why?

FrothByte
Boyka wins. Because although both are fast and skilled, Boyka is a heavyweight and should hit harder. Plus he has ground game.

TheVaultDweller
Tien uses the nonsense mental reboot he did in Ong Bak 3 to keep replaying the match until he wins. laughing

Seriously, wtf was that crap.

On a serious note, I am not sure Boyka hits harder. Jaa's characters, especially Tien, show some serious strength/striking power. He sent people flying/was breaking bones with kicks/strikes at multiple points, and was casually snapping spears etc. into pieces while fighting.

MEU4DEDZ1ZU

And he also showed he can take a massive beating:

TgvlBhyFt3g

Been ages since I watched Ong Bak 1 though. Would have to refresh myself on those fights before I could properly comment there.

FrothByte
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Tien uses the nonsense mental reboot he did in Ong Bak 3 to keep replaying the match until he wins. laughing

Seriously, wtf was that crap.

On a serious note, I am not sure Boyka hits harder. Jaa's characters, especially Tien, show some serious strength/striking power. He sent people flying/was breaking bones with kicks/strikes at multiple points, and was casually snapping spears etc. into pieces while fighting.

MEU4DEDZ1ZU

And he also showed he can take a massive beating:

TgvlBhyFt3g

Been ages since I watched Ong Bak 1 though. Would have to refresh myself on those fights before I could properly comment there.

Yes but those men Tien was beating up were 1. fodder and 2. lightweights like him. I don't recall him ever sending heavyweights flying with his hits. Breaking the spears were more a matter of leverage than actual power methinks.

In the first Ong Bak movie I remember Ting (?) took on a big caucasian guy and had to use multiple elbows to take him down. He's going to need multiple hits to take out Boyka. Unfortunately, Boyka seems every bit just as fast and skilled as he is.

Plus like I said, I don't recall Tony Jaa's characters displaying any ground game. If Boyka grapples with him then I don't see him surviving.

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by FrothByte
Yes but those men Tien was beating up were 1. fodder and 2. lightweights like him. I don't recall him ever sending heavyweights flying with his hits. Breaking the spears were more a matter of leverage than actual power methinks.

In the first Ong Bak movie I remember Ting (?) took on a big caucasian guy and had to use multiple elbows to take him down. He's going to need multiple hits to take out Boyka. Unfortunately, Boyka seems every bit just as fast and skilled as he is.

Plus like I said, I don't recall Tony Jaa's characters displaying any ground game. If Boyka grapples with him then I don't see him surviving.

They might not all be big guys, but they were armoured, which adds to the mass, and should help them soak up damage. And I disagree that it was down to leverage. He was casually snapping some of them with one arm. Even if he trapped them at angles, spears aren't mean to break simply because someone you describe as a "lightweight" applied a bit of pressure at certain points. And he has plenty more fights (including multiple against highly skilled opponents). That's just one of the first I found on Youtube. And he has shown some ground fighting skill, particularly in Ong Bak 2, though not to the extent of Boyka, obviously. But he isn't helpless on the ground. Also, even if he needs several strikes to win, he has shown that he has immense damage soak himself, so I think Boyka would have to land more than a few blows to put him down as well. This is not going to be an easy match at all, IMO. I don't think either has actually faced an opponent who has the extensive amount of onscreen feats that both fighters do, so whoever wins, they would need to work for it.

Also, like I said, I need to rewatch the first Ong Bak. It's literally been 7 or 8 years, so I can't remember most of those fights too well.

Solid47
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
They might not all be big guys, but they were armoured, which adds to the mass, and should help them soak up damage. And I disagree that it was down to leverage. He was casually snapping some of them with one arm. Even if he trapped them at angles, spears aren't mean to break simply because someone you describe as a "lightweight" applied a bit of pressure at certain points. And he has plenty more fights (including multiple against highly skilled opponents). That's just one of the first I found on Youtube. And he has shown some ground fighting skill, particularly in Ong Bak 2, though not to the extent of Boyka, obviously. But he isn't helpless on the ground. Also, even if he needs several strikes to win, he has shown that he has immense damage soak himself, so I think Boyka would have to land more than a few blows to put him down as well. This is not going to be an easy match at all, IMO. I don't think either has actually faced an opponent who has the extensive amount of onscreen feats that both fighters do, so whoever wins, they would need to work for it.

Also, like I said, I need to rewatch the first Ong Bak. It's literally been 7 or 8 years, so I can't remember most of those fights too well.

Here's some of the fights I found...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QquCo41346o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVzqNH33BHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WpUMdoqNcY

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by Solid47
Here's some of the fights I found...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QquCo41346o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVzqNH33BHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WpUMdoqNcY

Based on that, I'd give round 1 to Boyka.

Still personally undecided on round 2, but I can see why some people might think Boyka wins. I think either fighter has the potential to beat the other one, so it comes down to who I would give a majority to, which I am unsure about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.